Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not Getting Gifts from Other People?

Hello. When I gifted people, some people who had gifted me, but I checked my history and those gifts are not my list. I wonder, is there any way to fix the issue? It's not first time, so the most recent is one person gifted me today (or yesterday?), yet I still get no gift. Hmm...

Playing TS3 since June 2009.
TS4 since February 2015.

My Wishlist
* 5 Top Items
* 14's Thank You Thread
NOTE: I have trouble with receiving gifts from people. Please visit a single item instead of my wishlist. Thank you!

Comments

• RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Check your wishlist, any items that have been gifted will be available for download there. Also if you received an email to say you were gifted then you can click on the link to bring you to download the item. Sometimes the giftbox icon on the ts3 site can be a bit buggy.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited April 2018
    I've had this happen to me a few times when a friend or 2 tried to gift me something from my wishlist. I had a friend who had tried to gift me something directly from my wishlist. Well I got the notification that I had some gifts, so I clicked on the gift icon which took me to my message page which had the gifts listed there but when I clicked on the product link and went to the product page, there wasn't a download button to be seen as it was showing the price that I need to pay for it. And when my friend went into her purchase history to see if they showed up on it, they weren't there in her history. So what my friend did was instead of gifting directly from my wishlist, she went to the product pages of the gifts that she wanted to send to me and had to hit the "Gift this Item" which then takes the gifter to the Gifting Page where you can add a little note to the gift and she just had to type in my name in the "To" box and then she hit submit and it went through like that.

So maybe whoever had gifted you might have to do it that way instead of directly from your wishlist for it to work.
  • FourteenFourteen Posts: 257 Member
    Thank you for comments. I'll see what I can do. :smile:
    TS4 since February 2015.

My Wishlist
    * 5 Top Items
    * 14's Thank You Thread
    NOTE: I have trouble with receiving gifts from people. Please visit a single item instead of my wishlist. Thank you!
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Gifting on the store site can be really glitchy.

If you receive a notification, but no item, it means that the person tried to send you a gift but the store did not allow the transaction to complete.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Not exactly the same problem, but I read several times on the forum that people receive emails informing them they have been gifted? How do I ask for that? I only receive the website's notification.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Merelhyn - On your "my page" there is a "my page" tab with a "my account" option at the bottom. Under that, there is a "my account and settings" option that then lists "email preferences" but I get a "server is down" message right now. Hopefully, it might just be a temporary thing.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    @Merelhyn - On your "my page" there is a "my page" tab with a "my account" option at the bottom. Under that, there is a "my account and settings" option that then lists "email preferences" but I get a "server is down" message right now. Hopefully, it might just be a temporary thing.

This.

I too have been getting that message as well and I've tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, Edge and IE) and neither one of them worked for me. So hopefully like ciane said, it could be a temporary thing but I've got a feeling that it's not and that the team may not know that this page isn't working like it should.
    Thank you @ciane. I also have an error message. I think I found once this settings option and had an error message then too.
    yeah, I just tried it and got the same message today. It would be nice if the team don't neglect all of those issues... :(
    TS4 since February 2015.

My Wishlist
    * 5 Top Items
    * 14's Thank You Thread
  • funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Fourteen, this has happened to me a couple of times where someone attempted to gift me more than once for the same item and the gift never showed up. I get the gift messages, but not the gifts.
    I know you tried to gift me too, but it didn't go through. That's Ok, though, no need to, because I can't gift in return. I made a promise to myself months ago not to buy any more Sim points and have stuck to that. :astonished: I only mention it because I thank all gifters and you may have wondered why I didn't thank you. It makes for a bit of an awkward situation. We don't know whether to say anything as we don't want to sound greedy. :blush:

At this point, I don't see anything getting fixed, ever, to be honest. :anguished:
    Post edited by funkeeferret on
    It look like we will have to find a way to gift people. Hmm...
    Thank you for let me know. I appreciate that.
    TS4 since February 2015.

My Wishlist
    * 5 Top Items
    * 14's Thank You Thread
    Ok, I had a weird "glitch" today? I actually received the on-site message saying I had a gift, but it doesn't show as owned anywhere (not on the item page, not on my wishlist, is not in my purchase history). Can I be sure @AnimeFairi didn't lose any simpoint? I'm totally fine with "I wanted to gift Merelhyn and then changed my mind", but not fine at all with "I lost simpoints somewhere and nobody received my gift".

I know you sometimes receive "wrong" gift emails, but can we receive wrong gift messages on the website too?
  • AnimeFairiAnimeFairi Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I've been experiencing a glitch today after gifting people various items from their wishlist. From what I could tell, the process didn't appear to go through all the way? @Merelhyn, I re-gifted you the same item and this time the points were deducted from my account. Hopefully you received it!
    @AnimeFairi thank you! I received it this time!
    The store is full of glitches and every time I tried to gift someone I had to do it at least two times for it to go through, so I'm not surprised. But you usually "lose" the simpoints only when the process worked, so I wanted to be sure you didn't lose simpoints for a gift which wasn't received. I thank you very much for it because Las Vegas Living is coming up in May on the DD and I'll be able to pick it up now!