Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature do you think needs to come back

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    All of them! Story progression is my main one as sims don't do anything and family trees can't get bigger unless you interfere. I want to see the newspaper again!
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Unpopular opinion, but none of them, really.

I'm using MCCC and I had its Story Progression for some time, but I didn't really enjoyed it. I don't know, I feel attachted to TS4 Townies, and it kinda bugged me when the mod mixed them totally randomly. I haven't played TS3 enough to judge that mechanism in general, but for now, I'm fine without it.
    Open neighborhoods could be nice, but not necessary the whole world.

I chose "Other" - there's some good options in the comments, like NPCs or dancing together.
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    edited March 2018
    Man I want story progression back soooo bad :(. For me, its as important as open world is to some people. How cool is it in ts3 to move out a sibling and then take your sim's kids over to their house to play with their cousins or invite the family over for a pool party/cookout. edit: Yah, a tick button would be good for those who want the option to turn it off/on like we had.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    What I miss is the vast range of options in settings that we don't have enough of in Sims 4. Something as simple as a toggle function on certain "sensitive" content can do wonders for a game such as this.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Sherlockian20Sherlockian20 Posts: 6 New Member
    I voted "Other." I say werewolves should make a comeback - but with a new look and more depth, just like the vampires have! ^.^
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I like sims 4, however, I love sims 3 and still play it because there are so many details that are small, but so satisfying and makes a huge difference for me. I miss being able to read while relaxing in bed. Please bring that back.

I miss detailed food making of both sims 2 and sims 3. In sims 4 almost everything you make gets mixed in a bowl and looks like the same ingredients, so it's boring. Sometimes in sims 3 they would even open a drawer while making food. Same with social interactions in sims 4, they all sound the same and have the same physical gestures, boring.

Also, I NEED some kind of interaction with cars. I was even happy with sims 2 how they would get in their car and pull out of their driveway before the load screen. Now in sims 4 there's nothing. No garages, no cars, no interaction. I just notice overall in sims 4 there is an extreme lack of detail that I wish could be added back. Add in DETAIL! Take the boring out of sims 4.

And my God, why is drinking coffee so fast! As soon as my sims sits down to drink it she stands back up to wash it cause she's done already and, unless you have a mod, it doesn't even fill your energy like sims 3.

Also, I miss being able to make out and cuddle in bed. Bring that back please. Please bring back being able to slow dance together. Just more interactions for lovers. Like maybe walk together holding hands. Maybe go several different places while on a date like in sims 3. I think it would be cool if couples could jog together. And it's sad they don't cuddle each other anymore while sleeping.

And PLEASE if we could just maybe visit a neighbor or two without a load screen. I love open world play, but it's probably impossible to change sims 4 to that degree, but I would be VERY happy if I could at least have a couple lots around me be open play. Something right next door to me shouldn't be a load screen. Video cameras from sims 3 was awesome and so was being able to carry an infant around and in a stroller and such.

Sims 3 would be perfect, PERFECT, if only it had multitasking like sims 4. That's one thing in sims 4 I absolutely love. So, anything from sims 3 they could add to sims 4 would make it better honestly.

Lastly, I love the sims and have been playing since the beginning and would love the desire to play sims 4 more. I greatly appreciate all the hard work that is put into making these games. I can imagine how adding in even the smallest of things is months of work.
  • Options
    TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2018
    Story progression, definitely. I never play The Sims 4 without the MC Command Center mod precisely for this reason. But it should be better than The Sims 3's story progression, with an option to flag families that the player does not want the game to modify.

Also, while I would love open world as much as anyone else, I do not think it would be possible in the Sims 4's engine. The entire game would have to be rewritten for that to happen. Not worth it at this point.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    > @Toreshinbo said:
    > Story progression and working graveyards. Since the others aren't possible anymore. Also more NPC's

Yess more npc's PLEASE. Plus storyprogression but i think it should be optional like in ts3 so that the people who don't want it can just turn it off. That way everybody will be happy
  • Options
    Justanotherguy33Justanotherguy33 Posts: 6 New Member
    Adjustable durations of life stages-I don't know why this was never implemented. Story progression is nice too...
  • Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I would like to see all of these things make a return But most of all open world and the color wheel I could do so many thins with these two features
  • Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I would like to see shower woohoo added back into the game Being able to cuddle in bed is nice and oh yeah cars added back to sims 4 would be lovely
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    NPCs (burglars, firefighters, police, etc all of them!)

A lot of people want story progression but I wish it came back as optional. I don't like story progression in my game since I like tomplay multiple household and don't want the game to mess up what I do.
    It could be great if it had 3 options: full on story progression (every household but the active household), non-played/non-favourite story progression (only for every household you don't play or save in your favourites), and no story progression at all.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Out of these options I'm interested to see what the community wants to have make a return to the newest general of the sims series.

Be sure to comment if nothing you want to see is included in the polls.

Cars.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited April 2018
    Unfortunately I think many of the features you listed are too late for this iteration of the Sims. I think its a Good shot for Sims 5 though. I do think Cemeteries has a decent shot though.

Also when you bring up the subject of Rabbit holes you have to be careful because I think they used the Rabbit holes as a means to not have to make the actual objects and building type like Spas and Restaurants and that made it a lesser experience. I would have preferred a spa you could walk into and have services provided, or a grocery store where I could go to the bins and pick things out and go to the register.
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I doubt most of those will be added to TS4.
    I picked Other because I am still hoping for NPCs like the burglar, police, and firefighters.
    I would also want a grave yard.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2018
    Not sure why it doesn't show our choice, but mine is open world. I felt like I was really in a world and S4 loading screens just stops that feeling until I get where I'm going. Also, I can't micro control all my sims in the same hoods.

Cars, working rabbit holes, and graveyards are very important to me. The second one for me would be working rabbit holes as I want stores, especially grocery stores. :)