Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of sims do you create?

13...Next

Comments

• GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    Other
    I get names from lots of places. Fictional characters in movies, tv shows, and books; names of flowers, trees, places; and some just completely made up. For the looks, I've never made anyone I've seen in RL. I just try to make them all look different and unique.
    I presume that males in your Sims story are much like adults in Charlie Brown. :D

https://youtu.be/ss2hULhXf04

What everyone sounded like in RL to me for many years until even that was taken away.

Completely done with EA

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited April 2018
    Fictitious people
    I have this little tradition where any time I begin a new Sims game the first thing I do is try to make myself and sometimes my husband as well. Then I use this family to test the game and its features. After I learn the ropes, I pretty much never look at SimGabby again and start making my own fictional characters. They may be loosely based on characters from books or stories (I completely redid Twinbrook and filled it with modern versions of fairytale characters, for instance). But they are pretty much just my own creations. I love making and styling original characters and writing bios. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Fictitious people
    One of my favorite types of sims is a human or fairy that is neat, good, good sense of humor, friendly and bookworm or either one trait as the natural cook. I did make a mean sim the other day LOL the little girl is a complete brat....poor daddy! plus, he is a single parent.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Other
    I had to look up "fictitious". I will never be able to spell it! :D
    Sims I make are sometimes characters from books I read at that moment. Sometimes I just get the urge to "create a sim" and make someone random, often starting from randomizing everything.
    Or I try to base a sim on a tv-series or film character. That mostly doesn´t end well (meaning, they look nothing alike). I did make a simself once, but playing her is very weird.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Refined/improved version of myself
    Todiloo wrote: »
    I have tried making me and my family as sims, but that was just for the laughs. Mostly I try to be creative and create new characters, sometimes I get inspired by some character in a serie or movie. Here's some sims I've created, all made up while in cas.

39180487505_fa2d98d7a0_b.jpg

@Todiloo, the sim in the very middle looks like Youtuber and US Marine Corporal, NavatheBeast. Look him up. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    Fictitious people
    Todiloo wrote: »
    I have tried making me and my family as sims, but that was just for the laughs. Mostly I try to be creative and create new characters, sometimes I get inspired by some character in a serie or movie. Here's some sims I've created, all made up while in cas.

39180487505_fa2d98d7a0_b.jpg

@Todiloo, the sim in the very middle looks like Youtuber and US Marine Corporal, NavatheBeast. Look him up. :D

I looked him up, and you are right! That's so crazy xD xD
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited April 2018
    Fictitious people
    i'm a writer, so I create my various characters as Sims (to watch them interact with each other and see how close it is to my vision).

I've also done characters from video games~ got my Fallout 4 house, with my SS and her companions.

original.jpg

Back row, L-R: Preston, my SS, Cait, Danse, Piper, and MacCready;
    Front row, L-R: Deacon, Mayor of Goodneighbor whose name is censored, and Dogmeat
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    Fictitious people
    I do fictitious a lot, only tried making myself when I was playing the sims 1. Now what I do though is I try to find something like an accessory or a neat piece of clothing, or a hairdo and then I build a sim around that.
  • SorokasteSorokaste Posts: 19 Member
    Fictitious people
    I usually start out with myself, but then I go overboard with all kinds of fictional characters from whataver show I'm watching, book I'm reading, or Movie I've seen. ;)
  • BishybriBishybri Posts: 35 Member
    Other
    I tend to tweak townies for my kids to pair off with.I play in a custom world that I populated with all my own sims.The genetics around town have been mixing really well so I barely have to tweak anymore.I would show pictures but im not a member yet, sorry.
  • ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    Fictitious people
    When I create a sim, I usually have a vague idea of either what I want their personality to be like or what job I want them to have. I can spend hours trying to modify their facial structure and clothes. Afterward, it's so satisfying to see the results! I'll admit it, I live vicariously through my sims, but they don't have to resemble me in any way in order for that to happen. In fact, I think making sims in my image would limit my creative choices. Plus it's so fun to do things in-game that I'd never consider trying in real life!
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Fictitious people
    I've created all sorts of sims, but I usually stick to my own creations and their kin. I also like playing with townies. There are some really interesting characters around.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Myself
    Here is a good CAS-related question. Have you ever been halfway through creating a sim, realize you hate what you created, and then exit/randomize your sim? I've done this several times.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Refined/improved version of myself
    @Anthonydyer yep...all the time. :) Some of the ones that the game comes up with are horrendous.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CarryOnMyWaywardSonsCarryOnMyWaywardSons Posts: 393 Member
    edited April 2018
    Fictitious people
    I've made lots of fictitious sim households before and 95% of the time it's pretty self indulgent ship fulfillment. Like the time I made Kylo Ren and General Hux. Sometimes it's just because I like the idea of certain characters living together, like in my current save when I made Junkrat, Lúcio, and D.Va as roommates and best friends.

Making these types of sims is difficult sometimes because you have to hunt down CC that's exact or find something close enough. When I made Junkrat I was searching for an accessory prosthetic arm like his canon arm, but I couldn't find anything for TS3, just TS2. So I had to substitute with a set of shirts with an arm attached and create a style it to be orange. It helped that I was technically making an AU version of him.

Protip for ppl who make fictitious sims that have a specific look: don't try to make them look like they do in the canon verse, just make it a modern AU and give them CC that still works with their character.
    mj4do4.gif