Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More doors- bifold, accordion, mirrored, collapsible- please

I like that we have a few different sizes in doors and a few different varieties. I was very pleased when we got a sliding door.

I would like to suggest more styles of doors though. For the exterior it would be nice to have more door choices without glass, and maybe some more doors with locks.

Some security doors that slide would be great.
tumblr_m96saoDfpg1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m96sfdGBLG1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m96sm4eofH1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

I would like some collapsible doors like the metal grate/grille ones in front of old elevators. (These would make nice gates as well).
tumblr_m96r93T5GZ1qhfuqwo1_250.gif
tumblr_m96reiHMJy1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

Screen doors and storm doors that could sit like curtains over an existing exterior door would be nice.
tumblr_m96rj0xphZ1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m96roikMwO1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m96s5zhC5C1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

For interior doors I would love to have something appropriate for closets and hallways that won't take up too much space.
Accordion doors are good for cramped areas.
tumblr_m96q4pV4Ii1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

They can come with translucent parts to spice up the look a bit more.
tumblr_m96qbo5OX51qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

And instead of one single door, they can be double (and meet in the middle)
tumblr_m96qo5WRjP1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

Then we come to sliding closet doors that sort of overlap each other in the center. These can be plain or have panels.
tumblr_m96np6Bc3V1qhfuqwo1_250.jpg

or have mirrors
tumblr_m96nsbkKWs1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

And if those aren't your cup of tea, there are bifold doors which come in different varieties. They can be plain or have caved panels.
tumblr_m96o8zbmY61qhfuqwo1_400.jpg
tumblr_m96nwhyDvd1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

or be louvered (I particularly like how the frame on these ones have the bullseye rosette at the top)
tumblr_m96ocfKc9F1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

have panels AND mirrors
tumblr_m96pabnwUr1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

just be mirrored the whole way
tumblr_m96pst6KpE1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

or have glass panes
tumblr_m96p7hYBUu1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

The last one I can think of right now is the pocket door. It slides all the way in to a pocket in the adjacent wall until it is completely hidden (leaving an archway).
There are double pocket doors:
tumblr_m96t2k9iOY1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg
tumblr_m96t7rrk911qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

And single pocket doors
tumblr_m96t913zJ41qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

It would be nice if some of the interior doors came with crystal or glass knobs.
tumblr_m96qsngr0c1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2012
    Another idea I had was inspired by Inge Jones. She made some cat doors for walls over at Simlogical.

I was thinking it would be nice to have doors with pet doors on them. Cheap ones could let in any critter small enough to fit through (raccoons, small dogs, cats, etc) but could be locked like real pet doors to either not allow anything or to allow in but not out or out but not in. Higher end ones could only allow either cats or dogs or only pets that belong to the household. Or only pets given permission to enter (possibly with a special collar).

5565791171_46cfaaed57.jpg
    plexidor-electronic-pet-door.jpg

Generally a door large enough for a dog would let a cat through but a cat door might be too small for some breeds of dog.

I have a cat door on my real house and one of my cats is almost too big to use it but my chiweenie dog is able to use it with ease (because he's smaller than that cat).
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm putting this page on my Conspicuously Absent Thread--GREAT ideas! :thumbup:
    edited August 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    I'm putting this page on my Conspicuously Absent Thread--GREAT ideas! :thumbup:

Would you please post the link for your thread here for me? My ISP does not always cooperate when I go to look for things on the forum.
    edited August 2012
    edited September 2012
    murfeel wrote:

Thanks! Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Hurricane season has been hectic. I now need a new barn and a new truck thanks to falling trees.
    edited January 2013
    I forgot to mention crawlspace doors or doors that fit under stairs as outlined in my post about no wasted space under stairs here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/379658.page

tumblr_lm1vtzDXE71qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lm1w4x6olt1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

And cellar/external basement doors as I mentioned here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/379651.page

tumblr_lm1tm8ak8e1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lm1tzm9vTN1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

And very small doors like a dormer door to access a crawlspace or area with low ceiling (or under the stairs)
    tumblr_mg5mrvxbnX1qhfuqwo1_250.png

Doors in the floor (trap doors, hidden doors, attic doors)
    tumblr_mg5mjv0njW1rucpjho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mg5miuxgpy1rucpjho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mg5m6jQz5B1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mg5m36UZ161qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

Fully round or circular doors:
    tumblr_mg5lw7YoZB1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mg5lsvEd5h1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mg5li3XIXQ1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

including a vault door
    tumblr_mg5mynemE51qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

Speaking of round, how about this cool round spiderweb gate complete with spider?
    tumblr_mg5n6wWiPV1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg

or these bifold doors that slide to encompass a rounded area.
    tumblr_mg5ncyx51b1qhfuqwo1_r1_500.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2013
    :shock: My goodness, more amazing ideas! Awesome! I'll post this at the Conspicuous thread to let everyone know there's more!
  • mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited January 2013
    What about revolving doors?
  • RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I would LOVE to see closets come back!

edited January 2013
    Thanks, Murfeel!

Mylee, That's a great idea! I should find pictures of them in awhile.

Edit- here are some pictures:
    tumblr_mg9bd13dWz1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mg9bhcyy2g1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mg9bf2R8AY1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited January 2013
    What wonderful ideas! I absolutely love everything in this thread. The favorites in this thread are the all the way mirrored doors, the closets and the trap doors (particularly the half moon shaped trap door.)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited January 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    What wonderful ideas! I absolutely love everything in this thread. The favorites in this thread are the all the way mirrored doors, the closets and the trap doors (particularly the half moon shaped trap door.)
    Yeah, those are pretty cool. Its amazing to me how many different types of doors there are.

Do we currently have the hanging bead doorways? Or maybe a curtain that hangs in the doorway that people move out of the way when going through?

I can't remember if I mentioned the idea of a crude doorway with an animal skin (with or without fur) as a curtain that hangs all the way over to try to keep out the cold. Maybe it could be double curtains of leather. It would work for caves or medieval peasant homes. I still haven't found doors or windows that I feel would work well for the peasants in medieval times. In the absence of wood in some areas, the peasants would built their homes with mud and hay. Or they would make woodframe that would be covered with thatch and mud to bind it together. IIRC, sometimes manure was used as a binding agent. Things like metal hinges and nails might have been hard to come by-- and I metal rusted. So they likely would have used some sort of twine or rope or carved wood. I wish I knew more about the medieval structures and doorways. I don't even think the houses had windows. They would have firepits in the middle of their huts that served for heating and cooking-- and many of the people died from prolonged exposure to the smoke.
  • lieshweedlieshweed Posts: 52 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Suceress wrote:
    I like that we have a few different sizes in doors and a few different varieties. I was very pleased when we got a sliding door.

I would like to suggest more styles of doors though. For the exterior it would be nice to have more door choices without glass, and maybe some more doors with locks.

I have the industrial door and the sort of metal mesh door in my game. Like the one the stores use to let you know they're closed? I got that one from The Sims Resource and the Industrial door I got from The Land of Woe..it functions as an arch and the mesh door functions as a sliding door.
    edited January 2013
    Suceress wrote:
    Thanks, Murfeel!

Omg can you imagine our idiot sims getting stuck in that thing like the elvators? :lol::lol::lol:

Perfect chance to wake up the Conspicuous thread again!
    edited August 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Suceress wrote:
    Thanks, Murfeel!

Omg can you imagine our idiot sims getting stuck in that thing like the elvators? :lol::lol::lol:

Perfect chance to wake up the Conspicuous thread again!

I somehow missed this reply. I actually met an online friend from another country once and he had never seen revolving doors and managed to get stuck in one. LOL.

They are cool, although I wonder if the animations and such would be complicated.

I've posted to the conspicuous thread a few times but it has been relatively quiet lately.
    A lot of these things are not in Sims 4 so I wanted to suggest them since there will be no more official content for Sims 3.
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    shouji doors too please
    628x471.jpg
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
    Ooh, shoji doors would be cool too! Thanks for suggesting that!
  • LunessenceLunessence Posts: 10 New Member
    I need bifold doors stat! I would love to see these kinds of building options in future stuff packs/DLC.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi @Lunessence and wlecome to the Sims forum!

Thank you very much for your feedback, but this thread is originally from 2012 so I will be closing it.

For The Sims 4 Feedback, please head over to The Sims 4 PC Game Feedback board.

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top