Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 : Return of genetics and memories.

2...Next

Comments

• Quintina85Quintina85 Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2018
    I am so ready for sims 5! I hope they do have better genetics. Sims have lacked decent skintones since the sims 1. I always have to download better complexions with more detail. Genetics is not just skin either. Its hair color, hair texture (curly, wavy, straight), eye color.
    Post edited by Quintina85 on
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    They really need to sort the memories into albums based on families.
  • Monsterfighter_1Monsterfighter_1 Posts: 19 Member
    it would be great to see a more in-depth create a sim in general, the new skin tones are great but I feel like it would have been even cooler to see more eye and hair variants.
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    I didn't realize how popular this post got.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    For memories it would be enough with something like Sims 2 had. It could be completely text based, like "Got engaged to N.N.! It was so romantic!". No popups of pictures. Let the text make the players remember. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior Posts: 2 New Member
    I have to admit it is awesome and would like to see the body shop make a comeback for the sims 5 with some more features and improvements.
  • Genetics1021Genetics1021 Posts: 12 New Member
    wwwthevergecom/2015/3/4/8149827/ea-closing-maxis-emeryville

I'm too new to post links, so to see the link, add "h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/" to the beginning (no underscores), and two periods.
    Unfortunately, there will be no sims 5. Sorry ):
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    If they do memories, i hope that its more Sims 2 than 3, cuz Sims 3 had to many unnecessary memories. I want only important stuff, like betrayal, marriage, aging up, learned/maxed something...
    And i think that they can make it in a way that our sims have better reactions to the world aroudn them without making our save files corrupt if we delete them or something like that.
    Maybe the game could generate and invisible/unplayable version of the deleted sim to keep corruptionless those who were not deleted.
  • Helluna_Helluna_ Posts: 28 Member
    I'd love it if the memories had some sort of hierarchy: The bigger the event that created the memory, the bigger the consequence in your sims' life. Like if you set your house on fire while cooking and somebody dies, you are less likely to use the oven in later life... or if your partner betrays you, it would take more time to get to know people in a romantic way. On the other hand, you could get a happy mood buff whenever you see your spouse or when you see a childhood friend. The lesser memories would not need any effects.
  • swetildeswetilde Posts: 21 Member
    > @Helluna_ said:
    > I'd love it if the memories had some sort of hierarchy: The bigger the event that created the memory, the bigger the consequence in your sims' life. Like if you set your house on fire while cooking and somebody dies, you are less likely to use the oven in later life... or if your partner betrays you, it would take more time to get to know people in a romantic way. On the other hand, you could get a happy mood buff whenever you see your spouse or when you see a childhood friend. The lesser memories would not need any effects.

yes, I also believe that the things your sims do should have a much bigger impact/consequence on their lives. that's something I really wish to see in the sims 5!
  • swetildeswetilde Posts: 21 Member
    > @Genetics1021 said:
    > wwwthevergecom/2015/3/4/8149827/ea-closing-maxis-emeryville
    >
    > I'm too new to post links, so to see the link, add "h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/" to the beginning (no underscores), and two periods.
    > Unfortunately, there will be no sims 5. Sorry ):

yes there will actually