Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 vs Sims 4

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @Mstybl95 Lol- I remember the first pictures of The Sims in TS4 and being happy they had great smiles because TS3 Sims didn't smile well -imo. After playing the Sims 4 for a bit the first thing which annoyed me about them was they smiled Too much. I tried not to be too picky... I went though the whole of TS3 not liking their smiles. :lol:

There are a lot of people who do love the game and I wouldn't want to take it away from them... just not going to hope too much for TS5. :(

I want to upgrade my old computer so I can use Reshade on TS2. Just a little Brighter.... I thought it would be nice. :)
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 Lol- I remember the first pictures of The Sims in TS4 and being happy they had great smiles because TS3 Sims didn't smile well -imo. After playing the Sims 4 for a bit the first thing which annoyed me about them was they smiled Too much. I tried not to be too picky... I went though the whole of TS3 not liking their smiles. :lol:

There are a lot of people who do love the game and I wouldn't want to take it away from them... just not going to hope too much for TS5. :(

I want to upgrade my old computer so I can use Reshade on TS2. Just a little Brighter.... I thought it would be nice. :)

How's this for ya...I went through the whole of TS3 not particularly liking it, but after about a week with TS4 I was like...THE SIMS 3 WAS SUCH A GREAT GAME!! Hahaha - side note, I still play TS4 because I bought it and my daughter likes it. It's just not for me. Usually I build the worlds that my daughter plays in.

I'd like to use reshade, too. I can't get it to work on my pc. I used it for TS3 without problems.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Well, it's an issue for me since I use Mods to fix issues (annoyances) and expand my game. I'm not an Huge CC user. :lol:
    I don't have an newer computer- it's over 5 years old. :lol:
    I'm not in the 1% group (I'm exaggerating the number ;) ) who has to have the newest, or can afford the newest/better setup.

TS2 gave the ability to make our own skins and modify the clothes to a certain level- TS4 sells bits and pieces. I don't enjoy the limit of it all. CAS annoys me with having to have the preset eyes to get to a certain look. Being able to make big calves on a Sim is not important to me as being able to make a pond or choose the look of my neighborhoods. TS4 is not inspiring to play. Once I put it away I haven't had an urge to play it no matter the amount of CC.

I run my games on a refurbished Dell with an i5 processor. Definitely not the newest, or the latest and greatest, but it gets the job done I suppose. :D
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Mstybl95 Wow, no sunshine or rainbows in that picture!

@Rflong7 I hear ya. I can't stand the sims in 4 either. That is supposed to be the main point of the game .. the sims.. I felt sad for a long time too. I am better off though because I do have other games I play, a lot of them. :D I just focus more on those games now. I agree, it also makes me cringe anytime I saw those sims, or heard what they had released for the game. So happy I never even got the base, what a waste of money that would have been.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The sims 2 will always win.

The base game of TS4 is almost better, apart from the life stages and missing things like,

House phone
    Newspaper
    Trash compactor
    Hot tub
    Tercope
    Small games
    Cut scenes
    Fireman
    Burgler
    Regular jobs

Sims react to
    Death
    Cheating
    Fights
    Being robbed

Better in TS2

However the sims 4 expansion packs isn't even in the same league as TS2

OFB is better than retail
    Nightlife is better than get together
    Apartment life is better city living
    Pets is better than cats and dogs

I do think the best attempts in the sims 4 packs are game packs

Spa day
    Parenting
    Vampires

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
    Sims 2 all the way.

Sims in 2 seems way more real, and its like they know you, the player, was there controlling them. These sims are really complex and don't awkwardly smile all the time.

So much attention to detail was put into this game. I feel like if the Sims 4 dev team looked at Sims 2 more and based it off of that game... we'd have a much cohesive and better Sims 4 than what is out there now.
  • Handman50Handman50 Posts: 156 Member
    I think I'm done with the Sims 4. It's just so boring. I can play The Sims 2 for hours and hours on end without getting bored. They just interact with eachother more and have a ton of depth to them. What with Sims not having the same relationship meter with the same Sim, and different interests, and a personality that really made a difference, it's just more interesting to play. And that's something that unfortunately can not be fixed with mods in the case of The Sims 4.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Handman50 wrote: »
    I think I'm done with the Sims 4. It's just so boring. I can play The Sims 2 for hours and hours on end without getting bored. They just interact with eachother more and have a ton of depth to them. What with Sims not having the same relationship meter with the same Sim, and different interests, and a personality that really made a difference, it's just more interesting to play. And that's something that unfortunately can not be fixed with mods in the case of The Sims 4.

I'm done with TS4 too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like sims 4 better
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I like sims 4 better

I like TS4 toddlers better. Care to share why TS4 is better for you? It's always nice to have some insight.
    edited April 2018
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I like sims 4 better

I like TS4 toddlers better. Care to share why TS4 is better for you? It's always nice to have some insight.

well I feel like sims 4 sims have more personality I really enjoy watching them do things its easier to see there facial expressions
    the building is easier and it's also easier to tell how they feel by the way they move I like that they can't lose skills like in sims 2
    and that I can turn ageing off if I want I like being able to go to work with my sims I like the toddlers and I feel like genetics is better in sims 4 because although sims 2 genetics are really good they had that twin bug where kids would look alike sometimes I also like that they can talk about different things more with out me doing much

that being said there are lots of things I want from sims 2 in 4 like
    the hobbies
    fear
    the babies
    games for kids that don't need objects
    easier deaths
    @Mstybl95
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2018
    I like sims 4 better

well I feel like sims 4 sims have more personality I really enjoy watching them do things its easier to see there facial expressions
    the building is easier and it's also easier to tell how they feel by the way they move I like that they can't lose skills like in sims 2
    and that I can turn ageing off if I want I like being able to go to work with my sims I like the toddlers and I feel like genetics is better in sims 4 because although sims 2 genetics are really good they had that twin bug where kids would look alike sometimes I also like that they can talk about different things more with out me doing much

the hobbies
    fear
    the babies
    easier deaths
    @Mstybl95

Why oh why when sims in this game failed to react to

Cheating
    Deaths
    Fight

I miss that so much in this game.

I do think sims look brilliant in this game well

Newborns and teens and elders don't for me but the rest do.

But they just don't react to those three things above very well.

Not Just taking about the face, body language is like robots.
    They don't even pay attention to fights or death
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited April 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I like sims 4 better

the hobbies
    fear
    the babies
    easier deaths
    @Mstybl95

Cheating
    Deaths
    Fight

this is a sims 2 vs sims 4 thread you didnt say anything about sims 2 have you played it
    do you wish you could play it if so you can still get it on amazon
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I like sims 4 better

the hobbies
    fear
    the babies
    easier deaths
    @Mstybl95

Cheating
    Deaths
    Fight

this is a sims 2 vs sims 4 thread you didnt say anything about sims 2 have you played it
    do you wish you could play it if so you can still get it on amazon

Might want to scroll up a little... they did say something more. :)

I don't see TS4 Sims being any more expressive... just more Over the Top Cartoonish in their "Emotions." That's my opinion.

TS2 is playing with Sims, TS4 is playing with Emotions...
    edited April 2018
    well its a very long thread not ever one reads everything that was said
    Lets remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but please don't be rude because of it. We should be welcoming and inclusive, especially if we hope to get EA to create a better game in the future. More people sharing ideas is the goal, me thinks!

@comicsforlife - I think expressive in TS4 is different that in TS2. In TS2 there were game mechanics (that you couldn't see working) that made each sim react to something on an individual level. They may not have had over the top expressions (pointing out in a big way that they reacted to something), but they did have them.

I think most of us here in the TS2 section feel like the expressions in TS4 are just for show. They don't have reactions from their personality, they have the same reaction that was programmed into them for everything.

One way I can think of the difference is when a fight breaks out on a community lot. In TS2, all the sims will rush to the action and depending on what kind of sim they are, cheer or boo. If they know one or both of the fighters, they will pick a side based on their relationship. (basically, there is a simulation happening in the background that you can't see, but it's making the world make sense.) Now I haven't played TS4 in a while, but in past experience it didn't work like that. If the sim was close enough (I think within 10 squares) of the fight, they would react. And to be honest, that happened so little that I can't even remember if the crowd cheered or not.

I guess it's just in what level of detail you want to see.
    edited April 2018
    Lets remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but please don't be rude because of it. We should be welcoming and inclusive, especially if we hope to get EA to create a better game in the future. More people sharing ideas is the goal, me thinks!

@comicsforlife - I think expressive in TS4 is different that in TS2. In TS2 there were game mechanics (that you couldn't see working) that made each sim react to something on an individual level. They may not have had over the top expressions (pointing out in a big way that they reacted to something), but they did have them.

I think most of us here in the TS2 section feel like the expressions in TS4 are just for show. They don't have reactions from their personality, they have the same reaction that was programmed into them for everything.

One way I can think of the difference is when a fight breaks out on a community lot. In TS2, all the sims will rush to the action and depending on what kind of sim they are, cheer or boo. If they know one or both of the fighters, they will pick a side based on their relationship. (basically, there is a simulation happening in the background that you can't see, but it's making the world make sense.) Now I haven't played TS4 in a while, but in past experience it didn't work like that. If the sim was close enough (I think within 10 squares) of the fight, they would react. And to be honest, that happened so little that I can't even remember if the crowd cheered or not.

thats changed in sims 4 now they feel bad if there friends lose and are happy when they win parents get angry when there kids fight
    and evil sims are happy when people fight though it could always improve
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    edited April 2018
    I like being able to make aliens in sims 4 wish it was in the others
    Why can't you make Aliens in the others?
    I think she means in CAS.

thats changed in sims 4 now they feel bad if there friends lose and are happy when they when parents get angry when there kids fight
    and evil sims are happy when people fight though it could always improve

Ah - see I haven't played in a long time. I only have the memories from how it used to be. Which...one of my children Sims was on fire and his mom was flirty next to him and never reacted to him being on fire. So that is the impression of the system I am stuck with.

I do like the parenting system in TS4. I think they did a great job with that (mostly because I suggested it). But the rest of the game hasn't been satisfying for me. Maybe someday.
    edited April 2018
    they fixed the fire thing to I think there going to do a romance pack next maybe they will add an attraction system next if so I hope my two favorite sims will still love each other there really still needs to be more fighting though but some people are trying to get it turned down I think they might get there way and it makes me sad its not far @Mstybl95
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    well at least they cant hurt sims 2

I do
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

I do

TS2 has the alien eyes, skin, and face template available in CAS and/or bodyshop, last I checked.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]