Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 is Amazing

JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 2
You guys... I have finally been able to play Sims 2, and I'm having a blast!

Some fun moments:
1) At university, lightning caused a fire that was burning the mascot and my sim's boyfriend. My sim ran out onto the balcony to help, almost caught on fire herself. Managed to save boyfriend, but the mascot died. It was exciting to have that unexpected danger after playing sims 4 for so long.
2) I briefly played the plantsim family, discovered how easy it was to make plantsim babies and promptly made as many as I could. Too many toddlers! Spent four days raising plantsim toddlers in the yard, was glad it was a rainy season.
3) I added an arch, cake, and champagne to the love hedgemaze park and had my Romantic sim have an impromptu wedding with her fiancé there, which made everyone at the park like guests. For fun I had her scope the room, and she thought someone else there was hotter than her husband! Even more trouble was revealed when I discovered her husband liked that she was unemployed, but her dream was to top the athletic career! They, uh, might not last.

I was surprised at what objects were NOT in sims 2 that were in sims 3 and either are in 4 or people want in 4. Object wise it is not the winner for sure...
But for gameplay, it's been so much fun. I like the attraction! And the videos in special moments, I kinda wish we had that now. There are lots of other things that are great about sims 2 that I now wish they continued.

I do have some questions, if anyone knows;
1) is there a way to extend the childhood lifespan without mods? Or Is only way to freeze time for everyone? If I do freeze time, how do you age people up later? Any way to force an age up?
2) I have not found any werewolves! Any tips there?

There's no doubt a ton of things I haven't figured out, haha! It'll be fun to explore while waiting for Sims 4 seasons. ;)

Comments

• JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Oh! Also, is there a way to visit another person's residence? Or only travel to community lots?
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @JRBear Glad you are having fun with the game! So many things to discover. ;) Let me try to answer some of your questions.

1) The only way to stop children from aging is to turn off aging for everyone. Control +shift+ C opens the cheat box. Just type in aging off and hit enter. If you want to have them age again open the cheat box and type aging on.

To force age a sim, open cheat box and type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and then press enter. Shift-click on your sim and click 'set to birthday'. They will then age transition. Type boolprop testingcheatsenabled false in the cheat box to switch the cheat off.

2) Werewolves come out at night. Look for something you might have thought was a dog, only it has glowing yellow eyes. They tend to visit your home lot. When one visits, go out and great it. Make friends with it and it will nibble your sim turning them into a werewolf.

3) You can not visit other households without a mod. Only community lots.

If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask!
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Happy you're loving the game, welcome aboard! If you're lacking in objects, there's a tonne of excellent CC out there if you're someone willing to play with it.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Glad you are enjoying it! It’s my favourite sims game of them all!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sims 2, still the best <3

Well, to me anyway ;)
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    Hi, I'm so glad to see this game is still being talked about here on the forum and is being played. Right now it's the only Sims game I play. It still manages to surprise me, even after ... 15 years? is it already? I think so.

Yeah, it was the best sims game, followed closely by ts3. Ts4 is okay, just not my cup of tea, so to speak.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The Sims 2 has great gameplay, but if we're talking objects, there's very few (in some categories, TS4 base game exeeds The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection).

Good news is, you can download old Sims 2 store sets, but also there's plenty of Sims 3 & 4 objects converted to Sims 2 :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Anybody know of any fun mods for the sims 2?
    Places to get them please?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited April 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »

Depends on what you mean by "fun"? But here's a good place to start:

simbology.com

simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The Sims 2 has great gameplay, but if we're talking objects, there's very few (in some categories, TS4 base game exeeds The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection).

Good news is, you can download old Sims 2 store sets, but also there's plenty of Sims 3 & 4 objects converted to Sims 2 :)

But with over 15 years of community made CC...it's hard to not find what you're looking for in any category. If you want to stick to a vanilla game, yeah, TS2 is kind of boring, though. But the sims games has always been about customization so the community always caters to it.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

But with over 15 years of community made CC...it's hard to not find what you're looking for in any category. If you want to stick to a vanilla game, yeah, TS2 is kind of boring, though. But the sims games has always been about customization so the community always caters to it.

I did not know the old sets were still available.

Mstybl95 wrote: »

True its not hard. That's not always a good thing for me. Had a few issues in the past.
    Tho if downloaded from the right places. Makes the games much more fun :)

Shae wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

Depends on what you mean by "fun"? But here's a good place to start:

simbology.com

simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0

Thank you :)

• ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
    edited April 2018

OMG lol.
    Dude the sims 2. Complete collection as more than the sims 4 base game lol.

Thanks for the laugh tho

Think about the items we don't have yet in the sims 4 that we got in the sims 2!

So many still missing

Shae wrote: »

Thanks again, awesome links :)

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

That's the thing TS4 still doesn't quite get though (with the exception of the GP team): that objects are nice and all, and we all want pretty environments, but they're not in and of themselves playable. Gameplay trumps objects every time. There's CC if you need more objects, but for fresh, new gameplay mechanics, there's not too many mods that fit the mold for me. I love TS4 in many ways, but I still get upset at the sheer amount of useless objects. There's so much stuff in TS4 that I wish had actual gameplay value, not just decorative value.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

That's the thing TS4 still doesn't quite get though (with the exception of the GP team): that objects are nice and all, and we all want pretty environments, but they're not in and of themselves playable. Gameplay trumps objects every time. There's CC if you need more objects, but for fresh, new gameplay mechanics, there's not too many mods that fit the mold for me. I love TS4 in many ways, but I still get upset at the sheer amount of useless objects. There's so much stuff in TS4 that I wish had actual gameplay value, not just decorative value.

Agreed.

edited April 2018
    We get so much playable content and interactions, and even More animations as a whole with the full collection of the sims 2.

We got a small selection of some of that content in the sima 4 base game.

And slowly we are getting some of it back in packs.

I could name loads of it still not added.

Hot chocolate maker
    Juicer
    Sprinkler
    Pottery
    Sewing machine
    Flower arranging
    Toy maker
    Robotics maker
    Lemonade stand
    Cash register
    Lot ticket machine
    Drum set
    Juice keg.
    And a lot more.
    Compost bin
    Green house
    Hot springs
    Beach swimming and activity's
    Grocery, clothing,games, magizines
    And even more

University
    Nightlife
    OFB
    Seasons
    Pets
    Apartment life
    On holiday
    Free time

All well as sets from the sims 2 store.

All contributed to many types of usable content still not in the sims 4.
    The sims 4 base game content is good but we have so much decor.
    By no means more than the sims 2 complete

Two and three had the most content, interactions, animations out of all four series.

Three having more content,but two having a lot more animations and interactions as well as a load of usable content.

Game guides are great if anybody needs to check the differences between the sims 2 and 4 so far.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I have the Ultimate Collection. Is there a way to download them there? Would they be added same way as custom content and mods? I may have to look up tutorials on modding sims 2... Hah
  • JurassicKingJurassicKing Posts: 63 Member
    How did you get Sims 2? Is there a way to download it online, or did you use one of those...uh... "CDs" l think my parents called them?
    maxresdefault.jpg

I have a son lightspeeeeeed!
    My husband knows I'm sims-crazy so bought me the disks for our anniversary (I'm not sure where he found those, maybe Amazon or something). And I asked for the Ultimate edition from customer service, since downloading is a loooot easier than going and installing 10 discs or however many it was, haha. Had to give them the serial # for the base game disk at least.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited April 2018
    JRBear wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I have the Ultimate Collection. Is there a way to download them there? Would they be added same way as custom content and mods? I may have to look up tutorials on modding sims 2... Hah

You can find the old store sets online. We are not allowed to link to them though. Google can be your friend. :) Yes they are added the same way CC and mods are. Modding 2 is easy. Just go to your documents, EA games, The Sims 2 UC. In that folder right click and choose to make a new folder. Make a folder called Downloads (make sure it has a capital D) Then you can just download what you like, unzip and extract the contents, then put them in the downloads folder.

You can make other folders in the downloads folder. So you can have things organized.

How did you get Sims 2? Is there a way to download it online, or did you use one of those...uh... "CDs" l think my parents called them?

You can contact EA and ask for it. Instructions in the first post here. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p1 You may have to try a few times to get a rep to give it up.

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I just love the cc in this game and make interiors I don't think I'll like the gameplay just because there is no open world and no open carreer.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    I just love the cc in this game and make interiors I don't think I'll like the gameplay just because there is no open world and no open carreer.

Open for business is great if you want something open.
    Home business to
    Open shops.