Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    !!Ha- I Love it!! I've never built anything in complete black and white with shades of gray... what a FUN challenge!! Love it - Love it - Love it !!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    That sounds like a good reason to just not use cheats. Not that I'm judging, just sharing my opinion. I do like the way some of the ones I've read about work.

I dont use many "cheats" but I dont think I could live without MOO, the bigger smaller and the 0 and 9 movement. They are EA implemented things that are just turned off for some reason. All were doing is turning them on, not really adding something that isnt already part of the game. Thats my take on it. Placement and sizing is so broken on a lot of things. Mainly things that should go against walls, like the laundry baskets, some plants and decorations. Not to mention some things are just HUGE and so out of proportion and some are so tiny you cnat even tell what they are. Plus if you dont use CC it gives you multiple choices with one item. Again, just my take on it.

Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    mannanna wrote: »
    Pirate wrote: »
    Question:After using MOO on a build, I've heard objects can "sink"
    when uploaded from the gallery:
      *how do I test it to see if my objects stayed put?
      *Is there a way to keep them in place?

@Pirate All items will sink or drop using MOO and 9-0 unless they're attached to a wall or within a room. A way to work around it is to create a "room", remove the walls and ceiling and camouflage the floor tile if you're using it outside.
      A way to test it: turn off MOO and download your lot from your gallery.

If you have Testingcheats and MOO on BEFORE you place the home, items will stay where they should. If you used these "cheats" in a build, just make sure you notate it wherever you post the item for download. I cant live without MOO, [ and ] or the 0 and 9 movements. It opens up so many more possibilities without using CC or true cheats. I dont see them as cheats since they are in the game and dont give you any sort of advantage or boost, they are just turned off for some odd reason. Not really sure why EA wouldnt just implement them...not everyone likes their laundry basked in teh middle of the room or HUGE decoration items. I wish slots would change along with the item you size up or down because some of the end tables are just ridiculously ginormous.
    • Options
      mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
      edited April 2018
      Selarono wrote: »
      If you have Testingcheats and MOO on BEFORE you place the home, items will stay where they should.

@Selarono I know that. I prefer to have my houses that I share to stay the way I intend them to be for people that don't turn on MOO before they download.

• Options
      BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
      Oh man, I was too tired to upload my house yesterday and had my comment saved. Thought this ended the 5th @BuildnShare ? Where I am at all day today is the 5th :'(:'(:'(

@mannanna - BuildnShare runs until midnight EST on the 5th, but we'll count your entry as official :wink:
      GArBA5W.jpg
    • Options
      gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
      @BuildnShare what about wall decor, there is not a lot of B&W artwork to choose from. :(
    • Options
      FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
      @gmcrozier OOooo I know you can let that creativity that I've seen in your builds shine!!
      Money can't buy you happiness
      but it can buy The Sims
      which is pretty much
      the same thing
    • Options
      If you have Testingcheats and MOO on BEFORE you place the home, items will stay where they should.

@Selarono I know that. I prefer to have my houses that I share to stay the way I intend them to be for people that don't turn on MOO before they download.

Was just trying to help.
    • Options
      avimilethavimileth Posts: 32 Member
      gmcrozier wrote: »
      @BuildnShare what about wall decor, there is not a lot of B&W artwork to choose from. :(

maybe as long as the frames are black white or gray?? @BuildnShare
    • Options
      ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
      for BNS92, the modern kitchen/bathroom fixtures/trim are gold or silver. Is it okay to use gold trim? @BuildnShare
    • Options
      KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
      edited April 2018
      If you have Testingcheats and MOO on BEFORE you place the home, items will stay where they should. If you used these "cheats" in a build, just make sure you notate it wherever you post the item for download. .

That is good to know - thanks for sharing! I haven't shared too many lots to the Gallery, but I think I'll have to start tagging the ones I do share or indicating in the comments that I used MOO AND 0/9 AND ]/[. I can't live without any of them! :D

BTW - do I know you from the Living Sims forum? I used to work on the magazine, and I remember someone with a similar username from a couple of years ago.
    • Options

@gmcrozier , sorry, but wall decor should be in B&W too. That's part of the challenge! :wink:
      GArBA5W.jpg
    • Options
      for BNS92, the modern kitchen/bathroom fixtures/trim are gold or silver. Is it okay to use gold trim? @BuildnShare

@ShadowFairy74 , silver is okay (it's a shade of gray after all) but gold isn't! :smiley:
      GArBA5W.jpg
    • Options
      @mannanna - BuildnShare runs until midnight EST on the 5th, but we'll count your entry as official :wink:

@BuildnShare Thank you, thank you, I'll never be late again :#:)
    • Options
      edited April 2018
      Was just trying to help.

@Selarono
      What we initially discussed was a workaround to use MOO and have houses download correctly anyway.
      Post edited by mannanna on
    • Options
      nineteen80simsnineteen80sims Posts: 28 Member
      Oooh I love this idea! Time to get creative!
    • Options

@gmcrozier , sorry, but wall decor should be in B&W too. That's part of the challenge! :wink:

I can work with that, thank you for the response.
    • Options
      We just thought we would say about the current challenge that it is probably impossible to avoid all colors other than black, white and gray, but the idea is to come as close as possible to that. If you need inspiration, try doing a Google image search on the photography of Ansel Adams! Good luck! :smiley:
      GArBA5W.jpg
    • Options
      We just thought we would say about the current challenge that it is probably impossible to avoid all colors other than black, white and gray, but the idea is to come as close as possible to that. If you need inspiration, try doing a Google image search on the photography of Ansel Adams! Good luck! :smiley:

I guess it just depends on how picky you are going to be. :p
    • Options
      SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
      Well thanks for that. I found this lovely tile I want to use, only it looks more cream colored than white with gray stripes. Could be my laptop's resolution or my poor vision. But cream is a shade of white...
      image.png
    • Options

@gmcrozier , actually, it depends more on how picky your competitors are going to be! :smiley:
      GArBA5W.jpg
    • Options
      Well thanks for that. I found this lovely tile I want to use, only it looks more cream colored than white with gray stripes. Could be my laptop's resolution or my poor vision. But cream is a shade of white...

@TresaofPern , sounds good to us. Go for it! :smiley:
      GArBA5W.jpg
    • Options
      NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member

@gmcrozier , actually, it depends more on how picky your competitors are going to be! :smiley:

Oh! Now that's a comeback! :joy: But you are so right! The more I realize the extent of the challenge, the more inspired I am to get an entry in! I have an idea for the wall decor... :smirk:
      OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
      My Sims 4 Showcase
      My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    • Options
      Ninnster wrote: »

Oh! Now that's a comeback! :joy: But you are so right! The more I realize the extent of the challenge, the more inspired I am to get an entry in! I have an idea for the wall decor... :smirk:

Oh, I have my build completed, I'm just clarifying.
    • Options
      AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
      edited April 2018
      BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
      CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Grey
      FORUM ID: AgentJulia
      ORIGIN ID: JBeans2
      LEVEL: Starting out/Beginner
      LOT: I am sorry but I do not know how to get this link.
      LOT COST: $2,000
      LOT NAME: Rindle Rose
      BUILD COST: $86,219
      TOTAL COST: $88,219
      LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/D7gZO
      ENTRY DETAILS: A traditional colonial style brown home that has old charm on the outside with its weathered brown shingles, but is completely renovated and modern and corresponds to the black and white theme on the inside. The backyard has also been modernised and prepared for hosting. The home has a lot of outdoor space to relax in.
      CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
      CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
      SPACE FOR PICTURES:
      3JptcEV.jpg
      irIRCoN.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file
    Return to top