Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    My gift is coming along nicely, so I'm checking in early as well!

Love and hugs to Prissy and Morakai!! I hope you guys put all health-related concerns behind you soon!! <3
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I'm going to check in today, too. I'm close to finished with my first gift, although there's detailing still to be done.
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    checking in, I have been working one two gifts when I can, I have plans for at least one more if time permits.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Checking in, things are going well so far.
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Also checking in!

I have progress made on two separate gifts because of deciding to re-prioritize things and have plans for a third. I'm feeling very good about progress so far.
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Checking in as well, things are going very well :)

@Morakai I hope you recover from your health concerns quickly, sending you good thoughts. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I'll just check in now with all the others. I have started and restarted and am having fun!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thank you to everyone for checking in.

The next and final check in is April 17th.
    At that time gift/s should be about ready to go as gifting begins on April 26th!
    Looking forward to seeing what y'all have created :)
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Re-checking in. 1 gift 100% complete, 1 gift 90% complete, 1 gift... uh... 42% complete! Making great progress though, and am still very excited!
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    To all, I thank you for the well wishes. I am having other half type for me, since can't right now. Also hope @MsPrissy88 gets better, though know from experience it is a hard road ahead. I will continue to send healing energy & hope she will soon join me & others in the survivor's club. Stay positive, and try to at least get thru 1 goal a day. Much love to you all! <3
    The survivor's club is a great place to be! Let's all visualize @MsPrissy88 joining @Morakai there. And speaking of visualizing, I hope your projects are turning out even better than you envisioned!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hi Gang!!

Well.... I survived my first chemo treatment earlier today. Since this was the 1st one, it took ALL DAY. And that was ok. I slept through most of the treatment. :D Well, I did have to get up at a ridiculous hour to catch 2 buses to get down to the hospital/doctor's office tower, only to have to wait for the office to open! :s:/ ::sighs::

The best news I can tell y'all, is that I WON'T BE LOSING MY HAIR throughout all of this!! The type of drug they're giving me doesn't do that. Oh, I might have some side effects from it, but I'll be able to KEEP my already thick head of hair!! :#B)

OH! And Buddy.... Ms Addy and I have been talking, and SHE WILL create some stuff for you on my behalf. I will most certainly *try* to do a small part.

I have been catching up with all the chatter, and I wanted to THANK YOU GUYS again for all your thoughts and prayers.

And @Morakai ... I am SO sorry you're not feel well enough to participate. I am looking forward to JOINING your little survivor's club one day!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    So glad you get to keep your thick hair, @MsPrissy88! I hope you do well with your treatment.
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    (Mora's other half here... am typing this for her as she is still not able to use her arms at this time, however she should soon be able to a least type again soon.)

@MsPrissy88 Glad to hear that the medicines you are taking won't make you lose your hair. Unfortunately, I did when I went thru it, but luckily I have a good head shape and looked good with no hair. That and there was a huger supermodel that didn't have hair during that time period as well (Eve). Garlic is good to keep your immune system up, and if you can eat mushrooms, shitaki's are good cancer fighting 'shrooms as well. Also, find ways to get potassium in you or they might make you take the huge horse pills. Bananas, banana shakes, count but unfortunately banana bread doesn't. hehe Stay strong, stay positive, and you will join the survivor club in no time. It is getting bigger all the time! *Big, but gentle, hugs to you* <3

Also, good luck to all the remaining participants. Will be watching and drooling over everything when everything is revealed! Actually looking forward to seeing everything. *HUgs to all*
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Morakai wrote: »
    Also, find ways to get potassium in you or they might make you take the huge horse pills. Bananas, banana shakes, count but unfortunately banana bread doesn't.
    Potatoes, too. One of the side effects of taking insulin is muscle cramps. The first thing a diabetic friend of mine said when I told him I was getting bad leg cramps at night from my insulin, was, "Potatoes."

I also eat bananas, but just thought you ought to know that you have options. :)
    edited April 2018
    High potassium foods include fresh and dried fruit, fish, beans, avocados (28% DV), potatoes (26% DV), squash, greens, diary, and mushrooms.
    Fruits high in potassium (% DV per cup): Durian (30%), Plantains (27%), Mamey Sapote (23%), Jackfruit (21%), Guavas (20%), Kiwifruit (16%), Cantaloupe (14%), Bananas (12%), and Apricots (11%).
    Dried Fruits High in Potassium (% DV per cup): Dried Peaches (45%), Dried Apricots (43%), Dried Bananas (43%), Prunes (40%), Zante Currants (37%), Raisins (35%), Dried Persimmons (34%), Dried Figs (29%), Dates (28%), Dried Pears (27%), Dried Apples (11%).
    Fish High in Potassium (%DV per 6oz fillet): Salmon (31%), Pompano (30%), King Mackerel (28%), Lingcod (28%), Spanish Mackerel (26%), Halibut (26%), Herring (26%), Snapper (26%), MahiMahi (26%), Yellowfin Tuna (26%), Monkfish (24%), Pout (24%), Tilefish (24%), Cush (24%), Swordfish (24%), Pike (24%), Grouper (24%), Shad (24%), Rockfish (22%), Trout (22%), Bass (22%), Pollock (22%), and Sablefish (22%).
    Beans High in Potassium (%DV per cup): Adzuki (35%), White beans (29%), Lima (27%), Soy (25%), Pink beans (25%), Pinto (21%), Black turtle beans (23%), Lentils (21%), Split peas (20%), Kidney beans (20%), Great Northern (20%), Navy beans (20%), Cranberry (Roman) (20%), Pigeon Peas (18%), Cowpeas (18%), Black Beans (17%), Mung beans (15%), Chickpeas (14%), and Broad beans (Fava) (13%). Beans are also high in magnesium.
    Squash High in Potassium (% DV per cup baked): Acorn (26% DV), Hubbard (21%), Zucchini (18% DV), Butternut (17% DV), and winter squash (14% DV).
    Greens High in Potassium (% DV per cup cooked): Beet Greens (37%), Swiss Chard (27%), spinach (24%), Kale (8%), and Collards (6%). Raw spinach only provides 5% DV per cup.
    Dairy High in Potassium (%DV per cup): Chocolate Yogurt (24%), Fat-Free Cream Cheese (22%), Low-Fat Yogurt (18%), Low-Fat Milk (13%), Low-Fat Buttermilk (13%), and Whole-Fat Yogurt (11%).
    Mushrooms High in Potassium (%DV per cup sliced): White Button (16%), Portabella (15%), Brown or Crimini (9%), Shiitake (9%), Enoki (7%), Maitake (4%).

Oh, and I did finish one gift and have started a second. :smiley:
    Mora's "other half" -- I love garlic!! *bonus*

@Ciane -- Can I just say.... EWWWWWW! And YUCK! Sorry. Some of the foods you mentioned I don't like, nor would I eat. ((I know you meant well - it's ok)) While chocolate yogurt SOUNDS good, we don't carry that here. I already drink 2% milk. Will NOT drink skim. ((even bigger ewwwww)) 'Shrooms .... LOVE THEM. Dried Fruits - even though they're dried, aren't they still full of sugar? I'll check myself, but if they are, I can't have them. Now... REGULAR fruits -- Bananas *never* lasted long in this house! When my mom was still alive (and *when* she ate), we always had bananas. One of my favorite foods. haha Don't know what some of the other ones you mentioned are. But, I can guarantee you, we don't carry them. Kiwi -- never did like them. Even when we had served them to the kids (at work), I never ate them. (( again, I know you're only trying to help. and I thank you. )) OH!! And potatoes?? LOVE THEM. So, again - no problems there.

Any way .... I just thought I would pop in and see what's going on. Not only are you guys helping *me* stay strong through all of this, you're all busy working on your gifts. Nice :smiley:
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Just the dehydrated fruit itself would be great and would only contain the natural fructose. Just check the labels to see if it's just the fruit or if they added sugar.

I just wanted you to have more choices by mentioning some things that you might not have known were high in potassium. As with all things in life, pick what appeals to you most. I'm glad you love bananas and potatoes.
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    @ciane thanks for the info. I love mamey fruit but can hardly find it here, and I hate that persimmons are seasonal, I can eat those year round. I have problems with low iron and constantly looking for healthy foods to try and boost my iron levels and improve my immune system. its a double bonus if I can get my kids to eat them too!
    edited April 2018
    I'm sure you know already that with iron, vitamin C is what helps you absorb more of it. So, I always try to make sure I'm eating citrus fruits, tomatoes, potatoes, strawberries, green and red bell peppers, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and yes, kiwis along with it. I squeeze lemons or oranges into my water and over my salad, instead of using salad dressing. And, I love adding strawberries to salads. :smiley:

Oh, and back on track, I've come along was on my second gift. I just have the CASting left.
    edited April 2018
    I know that some of the info I received, they tell you to "stay away" from anything that has tomato in it. Which su:ck.s, because I was going to throw a pizza in for lunch. I didn't have any reaction - really - to the drug. Just a small throb. And once I got home, I had a low grade fever. But my stomach.... not that my stomach is sick or queasy, but I *do* take a Vitamin D pill every week because I am anemic. And while that pill really helps keep me "regular", I think the ill feeling in my stomach is just a combination of nerves and being cold. ((and the vitamin D doing *its* magic. lol!))

They ((inside all the info)) did say that IF my white blood cells should get low, that - of course - you're prone to getting an infection or sick. I could just be worn down. Which is not unlikely. I do wake up kind of early, and tend to stay up ALL day. #oooops But, the weather we're having is not helping. AT ALL. Mother Nature is stoopid. We had a really nice stretch of seasonal temps, and now we're back to frigging winter. :s And, I DO MEAN winter. Highs only in the teens. Wind chills that go right through you. And nothing helps to keep you warm. :s:/

Any way .... I think it's time, tho, for me to make myself something hot and steamy. (( keep your minds out of the gutter ))
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited April 2018
    We've been having chill weather for us too. It didn't quite get done to freezing, but it was close. It looks like rain today.

I finished my second gift and have another project to work on, but I should, hopefully, get a third eked out.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I'm glad you did well with your treatment @MsPrissy88 . The weather sure is all over the place. I saw this morning they're predicting more wonderfulness for central US late this week - snow in the north; severe storms in the south. I'm to the east, and usually see some of the same stuff - or similar - a couple days later.

The last weekend in March we had maybe 4 inches of snow, and the following day, it was springy and just wonderful outside. It felt great to go out with the snow on the ground - until it melted, of course. We were supposed to have snow again this past weekend, but it looks like the storm ended up tracking south of us. It was COLD, though - so very tired of cold already.

After cleverly messing up my store content, I have it all reinstalled, except for the odd individual item I haven't missed having yet. Gifts I've been working on all appear in good shape, although it took me like an hour to notice two missing stoves. How can you not notice a gaping hole where your stove should be? So, if you get a gift from me, maybe you want to check to make sure there's a toilet in there somewhere. ;)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Maybe they'll have a steel bladder sim who scoffs at toilets. ;) I'm so glad that your reinstall went well and your gifts didn't suffer much (minus a couple frigs and probably something else you'll notice later.

Our days have been alternating sunny warm summer weather and gosh darn cold wintery blustery weather too.

Off to my laundry! Have fun with your projects.
    Hi Buddy!! I wanted to pop in and let you know that I created something for you. Yup. Felt good enough to open my game and do a little... *mumbles*.

Any way, I have decided to surprise you with some extra goodies because of what I used in your creation. "What are they?!" Mmmm - no no. NO ASKING FOR HINTS BEFORE THE ACTUAL TIME. **shaking my finger at you**

And on the Real Life Homefront --

My furnace is thinking of quitting on me. Oh, it's trying to. No doubt there. But now, I'm gonna have to get me a new furnace, which a) is already gonna cost me an arm and a leg, and b) then I'm gonna have to shell out even *more* money to have the stoopid pos cut down, and hauled away. >.< Money that I really don't have.

When does it start to get easier/better??
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top