Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your "Bad Simming Behaviors"?

12346...Next

Comments

• a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    @BeJaWa Since 2001 for me!! I just can't stick with it, I have no idea why. One time on TS3 I had a family I was IN LOVE WITH on a legacy I absolutely adored playing. Then my old desktop died and I haven't been able to retrieve it :( I was so bummed. It was a legacy I was posting on a blog, it was an ISBI challenge and every generation was a different life state. I'm thinking about starting over with a new family but I loved the one I was playing so much that every time I go to do it I just can't haha. I get WAY too attached sometimes.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited April 2018
    I can't seem to get out of CAS and actually play the game. That's my biggest problem.
  • stepanyastepanya Posts: 20 Member
    I think my worst simming behavior is when I don't allow myself to be creative and control my sims too much. I PANIC when I see my sims in distress or when I see any red in the needs bars. I don't think I've ever turned on ageing. I'm sure the game will be so much more fun when I start letting go.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    I wouldn't call it a worst simming behavior but the fact that I only play one main household 90% of the time and occasionally switch to related households, parents, siblings, children, etc, doesn't allow me to take advantage of all the game's build/buy and cas objects. That's why I'm always seeing stuff in pictures and I'm like, "Oh, I didn't know that was in the game." :p
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I create a family, but I already have a story in mind for them. The mother is an amazing singer in my head for example, so I use a skill cheat to get their skills where they 'should be'.

During gameplay, I pause constantly to queue up actions for the entire family. They aren't allowed 1 idle second where I am not deciding what they are doing.

I decide to build the perfect house for whatever family I'm playing to move into next, and they malinger for days while I fuss with a house. By the time I'm finished, I have mentally played out their entire story and don't ever play them again.

I start a new game almost every time I play.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I think that having a backstory for sims and them already having skills and hobbies at a high level is more realistic for sure. Its more like real life. If I wanted to imagine my sim was a super talented singer/bowler then I would set their skill higher. My one rule is that I do not cheat their motives. Because my sims have to have needs or else I feel there is no realism or challenge. I like the time-management aspect of the sims.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    edited April 2018
    I think that having a backstory for sims and them already having skills and hobbies at a high level is more realistic for sure. Its more like real life. If I wanted to imagine my sim was a super talented singer/bowler then I would set their skill higher. My one rule is that I do not cheat their motives. Because my sims have to have needs or else I feel there is no realism or challenge. I like the time-management aspect of the sims.

I use MCCC. It would be odd and horribly unrealistic to create an entire family in CAS, only to have the parents lacking skills altogether. That's the way we come into the world in RL. Over time, we learn so much. I skill my Sims up but only to a point, not always to the highest, so there's room for them to 'grow'. I plead guilty on using the Make Happy Cheat. I rarely, if ever use it on the toddlers, but sometimes my other household members are too drained to do what they need to do when they return home from school or work. I am finally getting away from that, happy to say. At least, I'm trying to be more judicious in its use. It's a bad habit I never thought I'd fall prey to, but there you have it. Confession is good for the soul.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EspisayerEspisayer Posts: 43 Member
    I have a short save file attention span. I get bored when it takes a long time for Sims to gain money to move into a non-starter house. So I move onto something else, or build. I've been getting better, though.
    Nintendo gamer with a love for creativity, the dark side, and a sometimes childish sense of humor :p
    My YT Channel
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I use MCCC too and although I like to "start" a sim from the ground up, so to speak, so yes I give my YA sims a few skill points here and there. Most skills sims will do anyway so I let them start from scratch. One of the ones I cannot tolerate is singing and playing the violin at lvl 1...it makes my teeth fillings hurt, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I have a huge bias for dark haired and brown eyed sims! Rarely do I ever play pale, red head or blonde sims.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    KJB wrote: »
    I have a huge bias for dark haired and brown eyed sims! Rarely do I ever play pale, red head or blonde sims.

I have a thing for pale sims with dark hair and blue eyes. And I LOVE to give the females hairstyles with bangs :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited April 2018
    KJB wrote: »

me too! its a struggle for me to create a sim who has anything other than brown hair and brown eyes, because its so beautiful :D@KJB
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I play rotational and sometimes I can get too involved in the whole town :blush:

The same thing every time, start out with my main and then all of a sudden I have 24 parallel stories playing out, I want to play all the sims all the time. Have finally gotten better at just releasing my townies and forgetting about their personal plot until the next time I log on. Now I play the main sim for 2-3 days, turning off ageing and then jumping around town for 2 days and then I take a break from the game so can try to forget the townies. That is a mandatory 2 day break!

It was really messing with my head for a while there. I can't play and not get involved. The world feels so lived in, but I can find it difficult to step away from the stories even when I'm not playing.

My Personal Playstyle
    I have two tray-folders, one for lots and one for sims. All my sims are like actors, some are mains and some are usually in the background. Some always come in a group or family but for the most part they are placed in the game solo. Sometimes as YA, sometimes younger so that I will get my fave actor with a new surprising trait when they age up.

-Mostly half a day for each npc household in which I use MCCC in order to give them skills, a career, see who their friends are, maybe add them to a club or make a new one. Maybe it is someone they should date or fight with. So a quick look into 3 or 4 households during 2 days and then I turn ageing on again and return to my main.
    -I edit my npc-sims so that I think they are interesting. Then I use genetics to give them a kid, age the kid up to YA to see that it will work out for me, then age it back to toddler. There are always a few npc-toddlers in my manage households at all times. That way I will always see interesting sims grow up but I don't know what traits they will have which is good. I get into a rut with traits otherwise.
    - If my main sim has a friend I want that sim to feel like a real character so he/she has to have a life of their own
    - Any potential date gets to have skills and a career that suits him/her. If things get really serious I play this sim while going out on a date, want to see how my main sim reacts to her suitor. Does the suitor also roll whims to go further or is there someone else that they would rather see.
    - I like to arrange clubs for the different careers
    - My favorite sims from earlier saves get new lives in the current one. New partner, perhaps different hobbies. Maybe one trait changed and then released into the wild as a npc. However I always swing by to see how things are going every now and then.
    - Ghosts and Vampires have traditional feuds that have to be maintained with clubs and me playing them every now and then. Clubs for vampires feeding on sims with risky-vampirism from MCCC. When the number of vampires reaches critical one sim will turn vampire-hunter. It is always scary/interesting when my main sim waltzes into a lot as a npc while I'm playing a different household and the vamps come rolling in.
    - Cranky, irritated, sourly sims get their own clubs to just have a bad day and go being miserable in the bar. Have some favorite bad-sims who come into town and ruin the evening for everyone.
  • Aloe2828Aloe2828 Posts: 28 Member
    [quote="KJB;c-16419685"]I have a huge bias for dark haired and brown eyed sims! Rarely do I ever play pale, red head or blonde sims.[/quote]

I love this! Someone has got to stick up for us brunettes
    Just keep simming