Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics Fixing Tutorial

Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 2
As promised, I come bearing a downloadable tutorial (currently only available as a .doc file, but I'll figure out PDF's soon.)

TS2 Graphics fix tutorial.

Inside are all the correct links for troubleshooting with the Graphics Rules Maker, basic advice for new installs that don't work, and information about removing securom. There's also a section on fixing your resolution if you ran the GRM but still have problems. This file may be updated, and I plan to add downloadables of my existing tutorials and any future ones I make to this folder.

Feel free to link newbies to it, download, write on, redistribute, heck, I don't care if you eat it for breakfast. Play in peace, friends. :)
Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Awesome! I'm bookmarking this now. =D
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Awesome thank you for taking the time to do this! Much appreciated. Bookmarking also.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Thank you so much for that!
  • MsReid113MsReid113 Posts: 11 New Member
    Im getting the Direct3D returned an error: D3DERRR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY! But i have more than enough video memory. Does anyone know how to fix this. It mostly happens when i try to enter or exit a downloaded lot with cc.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited April 2018
    @MsReid113 wrote: »
    Im getting the Direct3D returned an error: D3DERRR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY! But i have more than enough video memory. Does anyone know how to fix this. It mostly happens when i try to enter or exit a downloaded lot with cc.

Hi :)
    Did you go through the tutorial? What did you do to try to fix it; I rather not repeat what you already did which didn't work.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    MsReid113 wrote: »

This is something that you need to hunt for the instructions for on Leefish. DirectX and related cards have a few extra steps. (Googling Leefish graphics fix DirectX should take you there if there's no link in the pages my tutorial takes you to.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • kkatey52kkatey52 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm trying to fix the glitching issue in my s2 UC but, when i tried to fix the graphics rules, i can't save it as an sgr file. Please help :(
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Thank you very much for this. I kinda did everything already but forgot to save the pages and am now starting fresh so that doc is exactly what I needed.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess

Thank you for doing that downloaded and saved :)