March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 baby gender cheat?

jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
I haven't played sims 2 in quite a long time, so there are things I have forgotten about the game; including whether or not there is a cheat or a way to make sure the sim has a baby girl/boy. Is there a cheat or some other way?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Hi :)

There is no cheat for baby gender- There is saving right before birth and reloading. I might take a few times to get the gender you want.

I don't know if there's a mod for it.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    thank you!
  • RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I was wondering the same! I know that if you eat cheesecake, it makes you have twins but when I researched it there was nothing like the sims 3 or 4 has by eating certain food. The gender is chosen when the sim first gets pregnant.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Razing wrote: »
    I was wondering the same! I know that if you eat cheesecake, it makes you have twins but when I researched it there was nothing like the sims 3 or 4 has by eating certain food. The gender is chosen when the sim first gets pregnant.

Gender is determined at the beginning of birth. So of you save an hour before they give birth, you can exit without saving if the gender is not what you want.

Number of kids is determined at conception unless you use a cheat or have the mother eat cheesecake. The cheat is forcetwins.
  • ImraImra Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2015
    first you need to use the cheat boolProp testingcheatsEnabled true or on.Must be used in neighberhood, not in a family.
    Then shiftclick on sim.
    spawn gravestone
    there you can make any sim pregnent whit what gender you like.
    Be very careful when trying the other options on gravestone because some can mess up your game.
    You can also kill sims in different ways via the gravestone.
    Spawn badgejucier and you can bring up your skills in like fishing and so on to bronze,silver or gold

The weather you need no cheat to change.I dont remeber were to change it but theres like four seasens to mix whit.
    Happy siming :)
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Thank you everyone! There is soooooo much in sims 2 and, although I played it constantly when it first came out, I haven't played it since the release of sims 3 base game. So there are MANY awesome things I have forgotten about.
  • Sims2forlife367Sims2forlife367 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Razing said:
    > I was wondering the same! I know that if you eat cheesecake, it makes you have twins but when I researched it there was nothing like the sims 3 or 4 has by eating certain food. The gender is chosen when the sim first gets pregnant.

you can get 3 or 4 Babies in sims 2 more often by a mod
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone! There is soooooo much in sims 2 and, although I played it constantly when it first came out, I haven't played it since the release of sims 3 base game. So there are MANY awesome things I have forgotten about.

I played, briefly, after Sims3, but due to an unfortunate bug in the game after the last SP that was NEVER fixed, I ended up losing the children from my favorite family. One of the twin boys was stuck on the sidewalk keeping him from going to school. I had the camera on the toddler daughter and seeing that the twins left the house to catch the bus, I never thought another thing about it. By the time I got the hideous notice the SS, rather the Social Worker was on the way, it was too late. I'm a redhead of Irish extraction, lots of Irish. I lost my sometimes quick-temper and uninstalled ALL of Sims2. I was able to receive the Sims2 download from EA because I purchased the Holiday pack from them directly as a download, instead of my local Gamestop. I made a point to play it while I awaited the release of Sims4. From 2005 until Sims3 released, I played Sims2 EVERY day, even on Sundays after Church. I can't for the life of me figure out so many things that used to be second nature. LOL Don't feel bad, you're not alone!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/