Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story progression please!

Since console can’t have mods, it’d be nice to have an option for story progression implemented. It’s boring when families move in around my family, and basically just live their lives without progressing at all. MCC made SP available for PC, and i’d love to have EA make it available to console players.

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2018
    Unfortunately pc doesn't even have this feature so its highly unlikely that it is something that would be implemented for console in the future. I dont even see them implementing it for the pc version.
  • MrDuckMrDuck Posts: 15 Member
    I hope for the next game they will bring it back in some way. (I'm not sure the PC version had it) but the Sims 2 had a story mode where you'd progress to different houses and help out certain families and their goals. Was an interesting take which I thought was really fun!
  • Cherry27Cherry27 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes I Agree With This Idea! I Aslo Believe They Should Let Us Control The Sims Manually Like In The Sims 2.
  • 123w4123w4 Posts: 42 Member
    Storyprogression is some thing the devs want to bring back but they have so much to do
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Cherry27 wrote: »
    Yes I Agree With This Idea! I Aslo Believe They Should Let Us Control The Sims Manually Like In The Sims 2.

I read one of simgurudukes tweets a while back that mentioned that this was discussed during development for console but they ultimately decided against it to keep the game as close to pc as possible. So i unfortunately doubt this will ever be implemented.
  • KRUSSIDULLKRUSSIDULL Posts: 36 Member
    I'm sure story progression will the a main selling point for The Sims 5
  • HornedCrowHornedCrow Posts: 30 Member
    Not having story progression in the Sims 4 is so annoying, I don't like micromanaging very much. I'm about to uninstall Sims 4 and go back to the Sims 3. There is a way they can implement it AS AN OPTION but I'm surprised that they have yet to do so.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @HornedCrow do you have MCC? That helps a bit, but it’s not as good as the NRAAS story progression mod for sims 3
  • Trippey_DTrippey_D Posts: 25 Member
    I'm hoping maybe they bring some form of Story Progression in the game and make it nice!
  • Trippey_DTrippey_D Posts: 25 Member
    Nice in the way of it being neat and tidy, that is lol
  • HornedCrowHornedCrow Posts: 30 Member
    @Olivesplum06

Are you referring to the story progression mods? Wouldn't that mean I would have to uninstall and reinstall the new upgrade everytime I have to update the game? Seems like a hassle and I have had issues with mods before with my game. :neutral:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    PC needs this feature first before consoles get it. SimGuruDrake before she left and SimGuruDuke said the consoles won't be getting anything that PC doesn't have.
  • SassparellaSassparella Posts: 16 New Member
    If story progression isn't going to be implemented in 4 then we could really do with the world repopulating at a reasonable rate. There's an achievement for playing through 26 generations, but the way things are going I'm going to have to start adding sims and I'm only at generation 4. I wish the game would do it more quickly, even if the speed of adding other sims was an option like none, trickle and keep most of the houses occupied type scale.