Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Get Pose Player & More - Help Thread

13...Next

Comments

• LAZYTOAD10LAZYTOAD10 Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Does it matter that the nobuildsparkles.package and nointro.package aren't working because they're not, that's a problem...how can I get it working? I've done all of the steps over and over but it just wont work:(

I'm not getting the right pose player file either, I get MTS_cmomoney_1188458_cmomoney_PosePlayer.rar. but not cmomoney_PosePlayer.package

someone please help because I really want to use pose player for my next story:(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • marisizermarisizer Posts: 150 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh geez, sorry, I haven't checked up on this in a while.

Thanks for helping each other out :thumbup:

@LAZYTOAD10 - the nobuildsparkles.package and nointro.package should work because that means that if those work, then any package should work. And if your sims 3 game isn't skipping the introduction video and not making sparkles when building walls, well then we have a problem. Because if you did everything exactly as it said so on the simswiki page, then it should work and I'm not sure what your issue might be. You might have to explain to me a little more of what you did :lol:

And the MTS_cmomoney_1188458_cmomoney_PosePlayer.rar files gets extracted to the cmomoney_PosePlayer.package. So if you right-click the .rar file, you should get the option to Extract Here or Extract Files... if you decide that you want to put the file somewhere else.

Does that help a little?
  • LAZYTOAD10LAZYTOAD10 Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Yeah it does thanks marisizer:) Now I can use the poses in my new story so thanks alot for the help and making the tutorial:D
  • Sophila9Sophila9 Posts: 713
    edited October 2012
    Thank you so much! I have been trying to get pose player to download for 5 hours with no luck. My friend reccommended that i look at ur tutorial and it worked! I now have poseplayer! :lol:
    edited October 2012
    Sophila9 wrote:
    Thank you so much! I have been trying to get pose player to download for 5 hours with no luck. My friend reccommended that i look at ur tutorial and it worked! I now have poseplayer! :lol:

Well, you're welcome! :D
  • Lemons_LauraLemons_Laura Posts: 17
    edited October 2012
    i have a mac. (yes, I've posted for help in the mac discussions category too). I have done every step to get the pose player on the mac, but nothing seems to be working. i just doesn't show up in my game. Does anyone know what to do?
  • CaoBaoCaoBao Posts: 14
    edited October 2012
    I had a pose player and then i deleted it, and now i want it back again. Yeah, i know. I've downloaded the FrameworkSetup, but when i want to unzip it, it says that my 14 days of free trial has expired so i'm not allowed to unzip anything. Can you help me?
    edited October 2012
    First off, sorry for the late reply, I don't visit this forum as often anymore.
    i have a mac. (yes, I've posted for help in the mac discussions category too). I have done every step to get the pose player on the mac, but nothing seems to be working. i just doesn't show up in my game. Does anyone know what to do?

But I'm not sure... when you downloaded WinRAR (if you did) did you download the Mac version? I don't know what to do since I don't have a Mac and I've never had a Mac. And they are so different than PC's so... sorry :/
    I had a pose player and then i deleted it, and now i want it back again. Yeah, i know. I've downloaded the FrameworkSetup, but when i want to unzip it, it says that my 14 days of free trial has expired so i'm not allowed to unzip anything. Can you help me?

Another recommended extracting program is 7-zip. Which, that might help you. Otherwise, you can try downloading WinRAR again... :lol:
  • September50September50 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Like ages ago i downloaded the pose player but because i was young and stupid i didnt know what i was doing and something that has happened where i cant extract the pose player so i cant progress any further. Do you know what i could have done and how to reverse it?
    edited March 2013
    @September50 - I will be updating my tutorial sometime soon, and hopefully your question will be answered.

Otherwise, do you have Win-RAR or 7-Zip installed to help you extract the file? Or, if you think something is wrong with the file, delete it and then go back to Mod the Sims and download the file again.

But anyways, like I said before, I'll be updating the tutorial and have it in even more detail... so hopefully it'll help :)
  • Stephers777Stephers777 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Everything was working perfectly until step 11. I have my pose player downloaded and in the correct folder, but it won't extract. It won't even give me the option to, even though it's a RAR file. I have 7-Zip, and it extracts everything else just fine. What should I do? C:
    edited April 2013
    Okay, I know what your talking about. I had the same problem when I got my new computer (a couple months ago) and I couldn't download WinRAR, so I got 7-Zip instead. And when I would right-click on files, I would be like "where's the option to extract?"

You can extract .zip files on every computer, as that's what I'm guessing that your talking about with it "extracting everything else", but when it comes to like .rar files, you need a program to do it.

And to extract w/ 7-Zip what you have to do is drag the file you want to have extracted to the 7-Zip icon on your desktop. You'll see a little message beside your mouse when you do this that'll say "Open with 7-Zip File Manager." And once you drop that file, 7-Zip will open that file up and the window will pop up showing what is in the folder it just extracted. Then all you have to do is shift-click to highlight all the items (in this case, it'll be just the .package file for the pose player) that you see in the 7-Zip window and drag it to another place you'll know it'll be at (or in this case you drop the .package file in the Packages folder). And then that should work! I hope it helps :D

(If it doesn't help, I will be updating the tutorial to be more detailed and it will probably answer your questions)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2013
  • natalie12344natalie12344 Posts: 12
    edited April 2013

I installed poseplayer on my old laptop which had nearly all the sims games on it and it worked. I installed it on another laptop but just the basegame and it isn't showing up in game? Could it be that my sims needs an update?

Thanks

Natalie12344
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, in order for the pose player to work correctly, you should have your game fully updated. And that should do the trick! (:
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've followed the steps precisely. I went back a few steps to see what went wrong; the mods scripts aren't showing! The one I got probably confused with was on page 44. I didn't originally have a Sims 3 >Mods>Packages folder. However those were in the Framework program thing with the overrides and packages and such; but it wasn't in my documents; so I created a new folder with those names. I dragged the poseplayer file (the one with .package at the end) into the Packages folder. Not sure what I did wrong, but I got pretty confused in the middle of the tutorial on page 40, but I just copied the file and pasted it in Not Installed>Pose Player--cmomoney

Helppp!!! I tried this again, opening my framework program thing; and I dragged the package into the mods>packages.

Package+Problem.png
  • darlabubblesdarlabubbles Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited April 2013
    yeah that's not right. i would delete it and start over again. it should be unzipped in the sims 3 folder. if done correctly it should be libraries/documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3......then after unzipping the framework set up in the sims 3 folder the mod folder will be there so you don't actually need to create it. inside the mod folder will be the override folder, packages folder, and the resource.cfg. once that's done you can move the posepack package inside the packages folder. hope that made sense. if all these tutorials are not easy to follow my advise would be just to go on youtube and check the tutorials there. it's pretty basic and you're shown exactly what to do. good luck.
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited April 2013
    I got it to work ^^ I just needed to copy the extracted file (the unzipped one) and paste it onto the packages folder and then it worked. Thanks for this tutorial!!!
  • xpaintitblack7xxpaintitblack7x Posts: 1,688 Member
    edited April 2013
    I can't see the tutorial :\
    edited May 2013
    @Angel_Zarr: Sorry, I haven't been on here in a couple of months. But I'm glad that you have figured everything out! And you're welcome (;

@xpaintitblack7x: Is it because of the site? I know sometimes storyboard won't let me see stories sometimes. Like I'll get to the story and everything will show up except the slides for the story. Otherwise, idk :/
  • populargalayypopulargalayy Posts: 2
    edited August 2013

I have poseplayer installed but it wont show the mod script. did i do something wrong? Please answer.! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • HaileysthebabeHaileysthebabe Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I can't get past the part where you do the file set up. The game still starts with the EA intro and I followed all the steps correctly. What should I do?
  • RedRuby123RedRuby123 Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    Hello!

I love your tutorial!
    I have one question though, when I try to pose for anything my Sim just freezes. I can see my poses but it wont let me use them. In order for my sim to unfreeze is that I have to delete it from Buy Mode.

It would really be nice if anyone could help me :)

I've asked other people and looked it up but no one seems to know.

Thanks!

edited December 2013
    Sorry for the late reply you guys. I don't get on here hardly ever :lol: But I'm going to try to answer your questions anyways!

@populargalayy: From your avatar pic it looks like you've got pose player to work, so, good job :wink:

@Haileysthebabe: As long as that Mods folder you downloaded is located in Documents/ Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and inside the Mods folder you have the Packages folder with the nointro.package and NoBuildSparkles.package it SHOULD work. If not, delete the Mods Folder and start all over again. Just make sure you have everything in the right location :-)

@RedRuby123: First off, thank you! And secondly, has your game been updated to the latest patch? If not, the pose player will not work and will probably do some funky things to your sims. That's the only problem I think of as to why it's not working.
  • Frodo_My_BagginsFrodo_My_Baggins Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, so I haven't had the mod installed for a while and decided today to reinstall it again.

I went into the game and when I clicked on a sim, both options that always came up the times I had it installed in an earlier date showed up ("Pose by pack" and something else I can't remember). I went to the lot I always used for "photo shoots" and went into build mode to go get the teleporter, but it didn't show up. I thought maybe I misspelled and I tried again, after still not showing up I went to its section (Decorations>Miscellaneous), but still nothing.

:( So I took out all my cc and mods besides Andrew's .ts4script and .package files (also the resource file) to see if maybe there's a conflict with my other mods, but no hope. The options and poses work fine, but the teleporter just won't show up.

My game's up to date as far as I know and I did download the updated version of the mod, so I have no clue why it's not showing up. :tired_face: