Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"New Sims Experience" theories

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I understand the wanting to clarify the "new" word to "next". In the original tweet if it had been misrepresented as something "new" for the Sims would lead to speculation that it's something not connected to Sims 4 at all. Something brand new like say... Sims 5. Since it's been clarified though.. it really doesn't matter. This thread was started before the clarification though right?
    Either way though some people are word hounds and looking for clues with everything ... New can make you think of something never before done.. which could lead to disappointment for those wanting something brand spanking new instead of say Seasons. Next could easily apply to Seasons.... or any other content that has been touched on before in the Sims franchise.
    I admit it's quibbling but I can still see it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Proper context is everything, and the difference in wording is there even if you choose to ignore it. 'New' hypes people up for things that probably aren't going to be there (like Sims 5, for example). 'Next' immediately implies the next pack in this game, or the next pack for consoles.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If Seasons (real seasons) is free, I will forgive EA for all their horrible packs. If it's just rain, I'll forgive them for Bowling.

I'm not getting myself hyped up, though. I've given EA plenty of "Let's wait until it comes out" chances before.

I don't feel like 'just rain' is our next Sims experience though. It's kind of a catch-all term.

It's not Sims 5 though. I've been through this. It isn't a financially successful thing, to be making it now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2018
    Even with the word "next" or "new" I would feel it would be Sims 4 related. I am not ready for Sims 5 (maybe in 2 years). I do not think "next" or "new" implies Sims 5 ... I think they both would imply Sims 4.

To me, they mean basically the same thing in this context.

The "next" sims 4 experience will be a "new" Sims 4 experience ... and a "new" Sims 4 experience will be the "next" Sims 4 experience. I don't understand why they would be different.

I'm not meaning to be argumentative to the people who believe "new" indicates a completely different game -- I'm just saying that EA announcing a "new" Sims game means a new expansion, game, or stuff pack ... it does not hype me up for a completely new iteration of the game. I think that's pushing it.

My memory of past events is weak, but people have stated they showcased a couple of stuff packs at EA Plays before -- I think their "next" experience will be the "new" Sims 4 pack -- whatever it might be. I don't think it's a game update -- although it could be a port I suppose. A port would indicate something both "new" and "next," too.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Even with the word "next" or "new" I would feel it would be Sims 4 related. I am not ready for Sims 5 (maybe in 2 years). I do not think "next" or "new" implies Sims 5 ... I think they both would imply Sims 4.

The "next" sims 4 experience will be a "new" Sims 4 experience ... and a "new" Sims 4 experience will be the "next" Sims 4 experience. I don't understand why they would be different.

I'm not meaning to be argumentative to the people who believe "new" indicates a completely different game -- I'm just saying that EA announcing a "new" Sims game means a new expansion, game, or stuff pack ... it does not hype me up for a completely new iteration of the game. I think that's pushing it.

My memory of past events is weak, but people have stated they showcased a couple of stuff packs at EA Plays before -- I think their "next" experience will be the "new" Sims 4 pack -- whatever it might be. I don't think it's a game update -- although it could be a port I suppose. A port would indicate something both "new" and "next," too.

It's weird because you think sims 4 will be 4 years old this year and by this time sims 3 felt done. Sims 4 to me personally feels like they are getting on track since last year. It feels like it needs more time and I'll honestly wait as long as it takes for them to make sims 5 worth The upgrade.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Proper context is everything, and the difference in wording is there even if you choose to ignore it. 'New' hypes people up for things that probably aren't going to be there (like Sims 5, for example). 'Next' immediately implies the next pack in this game, or the next pack for consoles.

I don't think what their talking about is the console version however there is a gallery coming to the console.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I think it will be something new for the game or the next new pack it must be something new for the game is how I see it.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited April 2018
    So "experience" is marketing speak for content? I don't disagree, it is just that the wording worried me a bit. I can understand why some people think it is VR (although I don't think that's what it is) because "experience" makes it sound like it will change how people play. I certainly hope it is new content and not something like an online component, or something of the sort.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    > @Netzspannung said:
    > So "experience" is marketing speak for content? I don't disagree, it is just that the wording worried me a bit. I can understand why some people think it is VR (although I don't think that's what it is) because "experience" makes it sound like it will change how people play. I certainly hope it is new content and not something like an online component, or something of the sort.

Yes, 'experience' seems to imply more than content, and 'next' is definitely not the same as 'new'. 'Next', I think, implies something for the PC/console game, rather than a 'new' experience on a different gaming platorm. Marketing people aren't usually careless with words (except when they are) - we do a lot of our own marketing in my department, and we do debate words like 'next' and 'experience' as opposed to alternatives. In any case, they specifically said 'Sims 4', so it's definitely not Sims 5 or another spin-off.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    IMO, Seasons might be the next pack, but it isn't new as we have had it in past versions. Farming is new because we have never had a farming pack before, but it might not be the next pack. EA chooses their words very carefully. The tweet said next, not new.
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    Open Naighborhood!!!! New Experience!!! Or new Ways off worlds,open worlds!!!! in FREE pach and NEW EP Seasons!!!!
    edited April 2018
    Seasons would definitely be new to the Sims 4. I don't know if it's next.

Cars would be new to the Sims 4. Farming would be new to the Sims 4.

Any of these might be the next experience. Or it could be anything -- these are just examples.

I really don't understand the new and next difference here.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited April 2018
    We had spa day that's new, we have cafés that's new we have yoga that's new, we have a vacuum cleaner and that lgbt update that is new. Sims 4 is introducing more new stuff then the previous now anything can be new cars, burglars, firemen etc. Just like anything can be next Seasons, another stuff pack or game pack another Vacation lot.
    edited April 2018
    Ooh -- but I just thought of something.

They did say "next' right? So that would indicate that there would be nothing "new" between now and EA Play? Or is that reading too much into it? Maybe it is reading too much into their use of words.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong -- because I would like to see something released between now and late June. I was hoping the lack of teaser trailer was not due to no pack(s) being released.

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    We had spa day that's new, we have cafés that's new we have yoga that's new, we have a vacuum cleaner and that lgbt update that is new. Sims 4 is introducing more new stuff then the previous now anything can be new cars, burglars, firemen etc. Just like anything can be next Seasons, another stuff pack or game pack another Vacation lot.

Well technically yoga was in sims 2
    Cafés were in sims 3

The vacuum cleaner is awesome though.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Cloud gaming and cross platform? We have already started getting Cloud saving of games with Origin which some say interferes with their game......................................

"During a GDC pre-briefing, Microsoft revealed its new Cloud Gaming division, fronted by Kareem Choudhry. The new division will include all the cloud gaming products that the firm currently offers to developers.

During the briefing, the firm repeatedly stated how its tools and platforms will work across almost all gaming devices - consoles, PCs, Macs and smartphones. The firm's integrated developer environment - Virtual Studio - is Unity's default IDE for us on Macintosh, for example. Microsoft is not abandoning operating systems or consoles, but it's business is not solely focused on them, either. In fact, it doesn't even need them."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-03-15-microsoft-were-growing-our-gaming-business-beyond-the-console

This is the way the gaming industry seems to be going as apparently Amazon is also interested and I do remember that Sims 4 was one of the two earliest games to be checked for running ok with Windows 10 when I checked when I installed 10 when it first came out.

Could be way too early though.
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    Ooh -- but I just thought of something.

They did say "next' right? So that would indicate that there would be nothing "new" between now and EA Play? Or is that reading too much into it? Maybe it is reading too much into their use of words.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong -- because I would like to see something released between now and late June. I was hoping the lack of teaser trailer was not due to no pack(s) being released.

Yes! I think we won't get anything new between now and EA Play but I think we'll get an EP late June. There wasn't a quarterly teaser because the only pack we will get this quarter is an EP and they don't want to tease it from now (if they are going to announce it middle/end April) - this is what I think :) !
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    IMO, Seasons might be the next pack, but it isn't new as we have had it in past versions. Farming is new because we have never had a farming pack before, but it might not be the next pack. EA chooses their words very carefully. The tweet said next, not new.

I agree, although seasons would be said to be new in the context of sims 4 specifically, as we don't have it in 4, although I appreciate calling it new in this context is debateable. Of course if it introduced features or gameplay dynamics we haven't seen in previous games then it could be said to be new.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I think the point is "new to the sims" and "new to the sims 4" are two different things.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    I take new as meaning new to the Sims 4 since they no longer make packs for the other iterations. When Cats and Dogs was released, I called it the new pack. It was also the next pack at the time. But it was still new.

When Seasons comes out for Sims 4, I'm going to say, "I'm getting the new pack!"

Will the people stating "new" and "next" are different things correct me and tell me Seasons isn't new? I don't think so.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Seasons, IMO, is not new because we have had it in past versions, so no, you can not say literally every pack that hasn't been done for Sims 4 is new. It is, however, a revamped version of a past pack from an older version for this version. So, no, not new.

I respect that. I know you weren't addressing me, but I was having trouble following your line of thought. To me, it's new, because it's never before seen in Sims 4 --but I definitely get where you are coming from with it.

I could also see "next" being used because perhaps the pack they will showcase at EA Plays (if they do indeed showcase a pack) will be released before the event. Therefore, it is not really new but it is their next pack offering. What is your opinion on that?

I am just hopeful we'll see a really nice game pack or expansion pack in the near future.

Also, I want to say I really like the way you do your avatars to match the upcoming packs. It's cute.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2018
    Interesting article in Newsweek (before it was known about Teaser).

http://www.newsweek.com/sims-4-ea-play-experience-expansion-rumors-866307

The SimGurus are very quiet on Twitter so it looks like they are working full out or being hushed on any tweets!
    That's really neat, @Simburian

I am very excited for what it might be. Thanks for linking that for us.
  • Monsterfighter_1Monsterfighter_1 Posts: 19 Member
    I just want more supernatural, seasons and university then I will be completely satisfied with the sims 4 as a game.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    My expectations for this event and this game are so low. :D I just want brand new content - not recolours of older items. I don't care if it's a stuff pack or GP or EP. I want to see something that is actually worth my money for once.

I actually think this is the best approach to take. It wont be anything groundbreaking probably just an expansion pack announcement.