Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why still no career pack?

This is one thing that's been bugging the player base since launch ; the lack of realistic careers.
A game pack with loads of careers in it would sell really well, I bet.
I even read that's it's one of the easiest things to implement since they're rabbit holes.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t think we’ll be getting anymore rabbit hole careers tbh
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    What makes you say that? It should be easy to make and it would make everyone happy.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think we will get more playable careers and even some non playable ones attached to other EP's.. like if we get a Uni we'll get a teaching career. If we get Superstar or something like that ... a lot of jobs will come with it. I'm hoping for more active or partially active ones personally.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    What makes you say that? It should be easy to make and it would make everyone happy.

Just thinking about it. We haven’t had any rabbithole careers in quite some time. All the recent packs have given us active careers or those work from home hybrid careers or more ways we can earn a living from that aren’t even careers at all. Feels like that’s the direction they’re going in.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    We got 6 career branches with City Living. Cats & Dog also had the "active option".

I do think that they should add more traditional careers. But ever since Get To Work, people want "active" careers, and aren't really interested in other careers.

I think they should expand on both.
  • Options
    JulieJLynnJulieJLynn Posts: 39 Member
    We do need more careers.. I hope they add more soon.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Agreed. I feel like all my Sims have the same jobs!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Definetly need more careers. I would even take another update with non-active careers at this point.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    Thank you ! Say it’s louder for the people in the back ! I want more careers !
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm over careers almost every pack has been a career pack be it Get to Work City Living Dine Out even Cats and Dogs managed to toss in another career here I am hoping not to see any careers instead actual new content.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, rabbit-hole careers aren't all that exciting. You go to work, you come home with money. They're all covered. We have active careers now, and semi-active careers. We can own a shop, a restaurant, and now a vet-hospital. Thanks to how much money you can make from Jungle Adventures, you can be an archaeologist.

I don't really see the point for more rabbit-hole careers since they cover so much already.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I love the active careers and would love to see more of them. Get to work kept 3 of my sims families very busy. I also think it wouldn’t hurt to add non active careers. I have one sim I would like to be a Plummer, and another a mail person. Those wouldn’t have to be active careers. I think we should either be able to choose full time, or part time in such careers too. They could also bring newspapers back and have delivery boys/girls, that would be perfect for pre-teens if they ever bring them out.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited March 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well, rabbit-hole careers aren't all that exciting. You go to work, you come home with money. They're all covered. We have active careers now, and semi-active careers. We can own a shop, a restaurant, and now a vet-hospital. Thanks to how much money you can make from Jungle Adventures, you can be an archaeologist.

I don't really see the point for more rabbit-hole careers since they cover so much already.
    They may not be exciting for you. Many, many players want more careers. They're often tied to the personality of our Sims and I'm pretty tired of having my 5th Sim in the Culinary career and doing the same daily tasks to get promoted.
    It's not even true that we have them all covered. There are so, so many possible careers. Just taking a look at the old Sims games should give you an idea of how much more we could have. Personally I don't even need active careers - At this point I would be glad about some non-active careers because the active ones have been kind of similar or even bugged.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    University should bring in more careers.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    We got 6 career branches with City Living. Cats & Dog also had the "active option".

I do think that they should add more traditional careers. But ever since Get To Work, people want "active" careers, and aren't really interested in other careers.

I think they should expand on both.

I"d like to see more careers using the CL "semi-active" career system, where you can either choose to go to the rabbit hole jobs or "work fron home". I'd also like to see a "self-employed" designation for people with less traditional ways of making money like gardening, archaeologist, freelance work like painting, writing or freelance programming, etc. Self-employed would also work for Sims who own their own businesses like retail stores or restaurants.

But I'm curious -- what careers are missing that would be considered "realistic"?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    A TV meteorologist career with Seasons would be fun. One of the main skills could be charisma.
  • Options
    But I'm curious -- what careers are missing that would be considered "realistic"?

While they did improve in that department, the base game's careers were ridiculous.
    It was like asking a kid "Hey Tobby, what do you want to be when you grow up?" And he would answer "A secret agent!" or "An astronaut!".

By realistic careers I mean something the average Joe would likely end up becoming, like a teacher, factory worker, mechanic, soldier, etc.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    And of course they wouldn't have to release only rabbit hole careers imao.
    It would just be a little easier for them to do so, and we'd get more careers that way.
    This is EA after all. They can't even make matching furniture.
  • Options
    Just downloaded a bunch of new CC careers. I’m content for now.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Chazzzy wrote: »

I think the best part about new careers, is each career comes with a styled room that contains anywhere up to 20 new items.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Chazzzy wrote: »

I think the best part about new careers, is each career comes with a styled room that contains anywhere up to 20 new items.

Didn’t know they still did that
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I would LOVE more careers of any kind.. the teacher, the firefighter, the military, taxi driver, the car salesperson.. I would like some “everyday”
    Careers.
  • Options
    mshadaimshadai Posts: 75 Member
    I would love some more careers too .. my sims all seem to have similar jobs too sigh
    "One Day At A Time" - If that seems too long, lets try a hour, minute or second. and remember to Breathe, Pray, Love :D Marg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

There are a set of mods on MTS that add the City Living career features to many of the base game job. So you can choose whether to send your Sim to their rabbit hole job or "work from home" with a few small tasks. It's great if you have toddlers at home; you can alternate between which Sim stays home and which one goes to work each day. Makes the base game rabbit hole jobs a lot more interesting.

The problem with owning a shop/retail/vet clinic is that you're still counted as unemployed. I'd love to have a Self-Employed category if you want your Sim to just be a freelancer who earns money painting/writing/programming etc. but doesn't have an actual job -- could work with the restaurant/retail ownership or the archaeology (if you finish The Curator aspiration you could probably make good money selling collectibles to the Simsonian).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

The problem with owning a shop/retail/vet clinic is that you're still counted as unemployed. I'd love to have a Self-Employed category if you want your Sim to just be a freelancer who earns money painting/writing/programming etc. but doesn't have an actual job -- could work with the restaurant/retail ownership or the archaeology (if you finish The Curator aspiration you could probably make good money selling collectibles to the Simsonian).

YES. Exactly.
    Gallery ID: babysquare