Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited August 2017
    To be fair - and frank - and whatever - I have only ever sent one Sim to university and she only stayed one term so she hasn't graduated yet. Sims University is one of my areas of little to no knowledge.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @karritz knowledge is highly overrated in this discussion. :smiley:
    @karritz knowledge is highly overrated in this discussion. :smiley:

I noticed - but still felt a need to clarify. :)
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    For a long time I didn't know how to tell when a prom was going to occur. I'd get the the notification and then have to write it on a post-it note to remember. I even asked on NRaas once and was directed to use DebugEnabler to dump all alarms and then search the resulting script error file for when the prom was going to happen.

Finally figured out that just selecting a teen and clicking on the school map tag gives that information. :s
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    @TreyNutz - Thank you! I never could figure that out, either! Finally my teens won´t be near collapsing after prom!
    __

A sim with a night shift (like in the criminal career) will autonomously go to bed and sleep in the afternoon, when left on free will, so they are rested when they start their job.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sims can cross their legs autonomously :D

My sim crossing her legs while watching a celebrity friend play with the family dog (Pete).
    FmNtgTv.jpg
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2017
    Ahah yes @stepbot153 , I noticed this since some months with my butler.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    @TreyNutz - Thank you! I never could figure that out, either! Finally my teens won´t be near collapsing after prom!
    __

A sim with a night shift (like in the criminal career) will autonomously go to bed and sleep in the afternoon, when left on free will, so they are rested when they start their job.

This finally explains why my Ghost Hunter Sim kept going to bed all the time! I was afraid my game was going bonkers.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Sims, whose spouse died, won´t sleep in the shared double bed (if they had one) anymore, but will use any other bed, when left on free will.

• Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Sims, whose spouse died, won´t sleep in the shared double bed (if they had one) anymore, but will use any other bed, when left on free will.

Not entirely true. Some sims will. And should the deceased sim become a playable ghost they'll share a bed again.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    Faerie197 wrote: »

Not entirely true. Some sims will. And should the deceased sim become a playable ghost they'll share a bed again.

Really? Mine always do.
    But I allow autonomous wohoo, so their relationships are usually maxed out, perhaps it´s that.

• Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I like taking "long distance relationship" on any and every sim. Sometimes life gets busy so they might lose touch with their friends for a while after all. I think it has more to do with what their traits are. I've noticed sims that have one or more romance traits like Hopeless Romantic are more likely to do that long term.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    Someone's probably already noticed this, but I just saw it yesterday! On the side of the face painting booth (Seasons) there's some pictures of the different faces you can get and below them is a picture of Bob Ross. Remember him, from The Joy of Painting, with his happy little trees and clouds? You can't miss his big Afro hair. I've had Seasons forever and I can't believe I just saw this yesterday! :)
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    Type in "discotags on" in the cheat bar and watch the map tags change color like a disco ball. ;)
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Another oldie but goodie in case someone hasn't figured it out.

There are three speeds for time in the game, but four buttons. Regular speed, Fast, and Fastest (although I can't remember right now exactly what 3 is called). The 4th button is for Fastest Speed Through Current Motion. Like if you tell your sim to take a shower and click the 4th speed they will speed through it on the fastest speed until they're done, then time will go back to the normal speed.

* I have now said the word "speed" so many times it's lost all meaning. I hope this makes sense. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. :D
    giphy.gif

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    *Ultra Speed. It's called "Ultra Speed". I just remembered to check tonight. "Ultra Speed Through Current Action".

It's so handy. Especially when you're playing only 1 sim and you want them to do something that might take a while. Like calling a friend on the phone or jogging or whatever. I love that it just goes back to normal after the task is done. :)
    giphy.gif

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I don't know if it is because I'm not a native English speaker but I discovered just now that the word "Lothario"-as in Don Lothario from Riverview- means sort of a seducer.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I don't know if it is because I'm not a native English speaker but I discovered just now that the word "Lothario"-as in Don Lothario from Riverview- means sort of a seducer.

@Avatarit , Well that certainly is fitting! ;)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member

@Avatarit , Well that certainly is fitting! ;)

Of course, I just didn't know that until now :smile: and the funny thing is that I came across the word not while reading about The Sims or something related, but by chance, so it was a nice surprise :smile:
  • CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    Lol @Avatarit I didn’t even know that Don was short for Donald and my first language is English.
    edited April 2018
    ShySimz wrote: »
    Lol @Avatarit I didn’t even know that Don was short for Donald and my first language is English.

Don is also a reference to fictional characters where Don is a title. Don actually has a lot of varied meanings but can also be short for Donald. In the case of Don Lothario in the Sims games, I've always taken it to refer to the saying 'He's a real Don Lothario' which means a seducer .

I haven't been able to exactly find the origin of the saying but have a feeling it has something to do with the fictional classic 'Don Quixote'.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top