Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Pirate wrote: »
    Question:After using MOO on a build, I've heard objects can "sink"
    when uploaded from the gallery:
      *how do I test it to see if my objects stayed put?
      *Is there a way to keep them in place?

@Pirate All items will sink or drop using MOO and 9-0 unless they're attached to a wall or within a room. A way to work around it is to create a "room", remove the walls and ceiling and camouflage the floor tile if you're using it outside.
      A way to test it: turn off MOO and download your lot from your gallery.

• FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
      I've just decided from now on, when I participate in Build Challenges, I only browse contest entries AFTER entering mine! I am continuously blown away by what people come up with! AMAZING!

I do that too! I won't look at anyone else's pics or entries before posting mine up here. Though, as soon as mine is posted I open everyone's up lol. I love looking at everything and possibly getting new ideas. I'm stuck in this little box when it comes to creativity...
      Money can't buy you happiness
      but it can buy The Sims
      which is pretty much
      the same thing
      @mannanna How do you camouflage the walls and floor tile? Or even a foundation?
      but it can buy The Sims
      which is pretty much
      the same thing
    • avimilethavimileth Posts: 32 Member
      edited April 2018
      CHALLENGE #91 - Back to Basics
      FORUM ID: avimileth
      ORIGIN ID: avimileth
      LEVEL: Established
      LOT: here
      LOT COST: 2,000
      LOT NAME: Willow Creek - I forgot to check the name before I saved it with mine
      BUILD COST: 53,579
      TOTAL COST: 55,579
      LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
      ENTRY DETAILS: This is a small but well-furnished house designed to be the home of a family of 4, including a teenager and a toddler. Main room is downstairs and has its own bathroom and a walk-in closet. Upstairs is the teenager room with decoration that matches his likes (and age) and a desk so he can do his homework. Toddler room was designed in a dinosaur theme. The house also features a study uptaris. Kitchen, dining room and living room on the first floor. Bbq area in the front of the house to take advantage of the shade provided by the tree. Gardening area on the other side so mom can grow a couple of fresh veggies. A very basic home to fullfill basic needs.
      CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
      CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
      SPACE FOR PICTURES:
      nq776g.png

10fvxax.png
    • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
      @SoulGal7 Man! If you're a beginner I dub thee Queen of the Noobs! Your house is so stylishly pieced together I cant stand it <3 ! :D When you got it you got it! and GiRL YOU got it!! B)

@Pirate - thank you so much for the lovely comment. This really made my day!
      SoulGal7 wrote: »
      @pronterus - if I put my submission in the wrong category, I apologize. I have not done many builds, I mostly download builds. I worked 2 days on this and it took me a long time. I watched some YouTube videos from The Sim Supply to figure some things out. If the judges feel that this should go into the Established category, then please change it. Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

@SoulGal7 - please feel free to enter wherever you wish to, check out the levels on the front page to see where you think you belong.

@BuildnShare - no worries. I have changed it to Established. Thank you so much!
    • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
      edited April 2018
      FORUM ID: TresaofPern
      ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
      LEVEL: Established I think
      LOT: here
      LOT COST: 3,500
      LOT NAME: Dusty Turf in Oasis Springs
      BUILD COST: 70,514
      TOTAL COST: 74,014
      ENTRY DETAILS: This homey house has great acoustics, perfect for a musically inclined family who enjoy spending time together but also occasionally like their privacy. The open kitchen and dining areas provide space for cozy family dinners as well as room for extra seating when the family entertains.
      CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
      CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
      SPACE FOR PICTURES:
      LN7hsAr.png?1
      HeAEkHe.png?1

FORUM ID: TresaofPern
      ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
      LEVEL: Established
      HOUSEHOLD: Harper
      ENTRY DETAILS: William Harper was so focused on his career that he had little time for dating and socializing. In fact he had begun to accept that his family's tradition of entertaining would end with him when he met fellow musician Keanu. It was not love at first sight, but the two became fast friends and worked together to create and perform songs, eventually realizing they had feelings for each other. Once they agreed that marriage was the right thing for them, the couple soon decided children were the logical next step and hired a surrogate. Their daughter Leilani was born first to William, and inherited her fathers' love of music, though her interested is more toward singing than playing instruments. Some years later, they tried again for a child, wanting to give Leilani a sibling. Young Robbie also loves music and is quite a mimic, with a flair for comedy.
      SPACE FOR PICTURES:
      JKc0xAB.png?1
      cCKg4al.png?1
      image.png
    • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
      @mannanna How do you camouflage the walls and floor tile? Or even a foundation?

@FidgetyAtom - There are grasses and mud floors in the flooring section.... Or, just put loads of plants down :wink:
      GArBA5W.jpg
      @BuildnShare Oh... that kind of camouflage xD. I thought there might be some cool thing to make it invisible. I saw in a vid once that someone made their foundation invis, but I don't remember what video it was. Thought maybe Mannanna knew!
      but it can buy The Sims
      which is pretty much
      the same thing
    • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
      edited April 2018
      @FidgetyAtom Here are two pics of what you might be talking about... the first pic is with the San Myshuno town (City Living pack).. but the foundation can be found ..if you have that pack.. using the cheat ( bb.showhiddenobjects )

Otherwise you can build a home using however many floors high and then on the very bottom floor just remove all the walls and the floor.. at least that is how I built a beach house once. On the bottom pic I put the poles so you can have an idea of the depth but the poles don't have to be there... and this is also how people have built the floating in the air type of fairy homes.. they build up however high then just delete all the bottom walls and floors ... if any of this makes any kinda sense I sure hope it helps :)

QvcKITs.png

eskSSRd.png
      Post edited by maryjane2joe on
      285JXDb.jpg
      @FidgetyAtom I hope you got your answers :smile: I wish there were other cool things we could do ...
      I have noticed however that the MOO cheat has changed with the new jungle pack ( or the patch ). We can now place a lot of plants closer to each other without a cheat on, but now when using the cheat and placing plants close to the foundation things like posts and even doors disappear when you place the lot without cheats on. So frustrating!!! I wish they would just leave some things alone!
    • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
      That sounds like a good reason to just not use cheats. Not that I'm judging, just sharing my opinion. I do like the way some of the ones I've read about work.
      image.png
    • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
      So Many Kewl New Houses to Look At!!!!!!!

FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
      ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
      LEVEL: Expert
      LOT: Chateau du Basegame
      LOT COST: 2000
      LOT NAME: Hindquarter Hideaway
      BUILD COST:72,998
      TOTAL COST: 74,998
      LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Chateau du Basegame
      ENTRY DETAILS: My plan was to go really really Elfin but it took a more French Provincial direction. Had to redo the roof a dozen times to get it to behave. The fountains, I know, are completely unnecessary and probably don't add much to the overall look, but I needed them. Yes, NEEDED fountains for a French Provincial small estate.
      CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No, I'm very sensitive. Kidding. Fire Away!
      CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
      SPACE FOR PICTURES: 7eBOobE.pngGOajzqe.png
    • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
      edited April 2018
      BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: faithofkaela
      ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
      LOT: Modern Basics
      LOT COST: §2,000
      LOT NAME: Beech Byway in Newcrest
      BUILD COST: §72,871
      TOTAL COST: §74,871
      LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/vglF6
      ENTRY DETAILS: Modern Basics is a modern traditional style build with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, an office, and an open plan kitchen, dining and living areas.
      CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
      SPACE FOR PICTURES:
      Z6yoMVg.jpg

tLjfHCg.jpg
      Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
      Phew, just got it done in time!! Now, to go and have a look at all of the other awesome entries for this round :)
    • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
      What time does the contest close tomorrow?
    • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
      edited April 2018
      CHALLENGE #BnS91 - Back to Basics

FORUM ID: Kementari
      ORIGIN ID: Kementari1771

LOT: Scandinavian Modern Barn
      LOT COST: $2000
      LOT NAME: Dock Den (Windenburg)
      BUILD COST: $72178
      TOTAL COST: $74178

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: SIMplicity
      ENTRY DETAILS: I was inspired by a image I saw online of a beautiful Modern Scandinavian Barn in the snow, too bad we don't have season yet cause I think this looks a little out of place with out the snow lol. It has 3 floors, ground, loft and basement. So there is plenty of room to expand.
      CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
      CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
      SPACE FOR PICTURES:

45.jpg

43.jpg

Post edited by Kementari on
    • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
      FORUM ID: Lisabee2

ORIGIN ID: Lisabee2

LEVEL: Sort of Established

LOT: [url=" https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4F54986734CB11E88F1038E726CE10E3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisabee2&max=50&maxis=false "] https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4F54986734CB11E88F1038E726CE10E3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisabee2&max=50&maxis=false [/url]

LOT COST:

LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flat Oasis springs

BUILD COST: 62,813

TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 69,501

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://facebook.com/lisabeesims/

ENTRY DETAILS: A simple family home for the Gunn family. Longing for a quieter life they relocated to a modest starter home in Oasis Springs. Maybe nothing to write home to mother about but they love it!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

[img][/img]22eQIjR.png

Sim Family: The Gunn Family https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C997557434D111E88FF038E726CE10E3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisabee2&max=50&maxis=false

Gourmet Kitchen: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E441784334BB11E88B2E38E726CE10E3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisabee2&max=50&maxis=false

(It was just at 15,000 when I shared it to the gallery but now I see it is 16 + UGH)

SebEwnF.jpg
      LisabeeSims
      New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
      #EAgamechanger
    • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
      Wow, loving all the entries <3<3
      #BNS91 IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED

And that dear friends marks the end of #BnS91. Can I just say, we here at Build n Share are totally blown away by the creativity you have all shown with this challenge!
      GArBA5W.jpg
      edited April 2018
      #BnS92 - 50 Shades of Grey

You look out the studio window and sigh. It’s been cloudy for five days straight now. Even the rich mug of hot chocolate that Karl made for you isn’t helping to lift your spirits. Speaking of Karl, he pokes his head into your office and says brightly, “Your next clients are here!”

In walks Hannah and Reginald Gray. As you shake hands and exchange pleasantries about the dull weather, you notice the Jamaican lilt in Reginald’s voice. Hannah, with her gorgeous long auburn hair, is a little harder to place. Germany? Denmark? They are both dressed all in black like the most sophisticated urban dwellers, yet their high spirits light up the room. You know from a brief background check that Reginald is the creative genius behind CouchPotato.com, an online food delivery service that is sweeping the country, and Hannah is the chief food critic for the San Myshuno Examiner.

“We are so happy to finally meet you!” Hannah exclaims. “Doug Curtis told us about you and we knew you would be perfect for our project!”

“I should hire Doug for my PR!” you laugh. “Now, how may I help you?”

Reginald takes over. “We love San Myshuno, but we’re looking to relocate to Newcrest. We’re kind of tired of apartment living, you see.”

“Okay. So what did you have in mind?”

Reginald and Hannah look at each other like guilty children and then break out laughing. Hannah continues, “We’d like a two-bedroom, two bathroom house—not very big. We don’t want a huge lot to take care of. But… here’s the kicker… We’d like everything to be in black and white and shades of gray.”

“Everything?” you say, surprised.

“Well, we’re okay with green plants,” Reginald answers, “but we prefer white flowers.” Hannah nods in agreement. They both look at you as if they expect you to throw them out the door!

“That shouldn’t be a problem,” you say with a big smile. You continue to discuss lot availability, budget and other requirements, and as the couple leaves, your mind is already bright with ideas and possibilities.

THE BRIEF:

20 x 15 lot in Newcrest
      Master bedroom
      Guest bedroom
      2 full bathrooms
      Usual kitchen, living and dining areas
      Office with computer
      Small pool (outdoors)
      Architecture/Interior style: the Grays have always tended toward modern, but are willing to accept any sophisticated interior style—as long as everything is in black and white and shades of gray! Green plants and white flowers are okay, and that goes for the landscaping, too: only green plants, white flowers, and outdoor building materials in black, white and shades of gray.

BUDGET: The Grays are very wealthy and have said, “The sky’s the limit!”, but let’s see if we can build them their dream home for §150,000 or less (lot cost + building cost).

SIM CHALLENGE: Create Hannah and Reginald Gray and show them living in their new home (or alternatively, if you don’t do the build challenge, enjoying a night on the town—any town in your game!). Their aspirations and traits are entirely up to you!

ROOM CHALLENGE: Create a fabulous master bedroom, all in black and white and shades of gray! (green plants and white flowers allowed) Budget: §12,000.

Note: It is probably impossible to avoid all colors other than black, white and gray, but the idea is to come as close as possible to that. If you need inspiration, try doing a Google image search on the photography of Ansel Adams!

The deadline for this challenge is 18th April 2018
      Post edited by BuildnShare on
      GArBA5W.jpg
    • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
      Oh yay! What a fun new challenge! It has certainly peaked my interest for sure! I'll be pondering this one, as I have finished some projects and looking for some new and fun things to do... hehe. So of course I came looking here!
      OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
      My Sims 4 Showcase
      My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
      @BuildnShare - can we have a basement??
      @FaithofKaela - A basement is allowed but remember that the couple doesn’t want a house that’s too big.
      GArBA5W.jpg
      CHALLENGE #BnS91 - Back to Basics

FORUM ID: Mannanna
      ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
      LOT: BaseGame Brownie
      LOT COST: $2500
      LOT NAME: Riverside Roost in Willow Creek
      BUILD COST: $70,501 That is the gallery price, I assume because I have in game painted pictures.
      TOTAL COST: $74,943 when placed

ENTRY DETAILS: Not much to say, a basic house with base game items only.
      CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!

sjWaAtc.png
      qJ1EKet.png

Oh man, I was too tired to upload my house yesterday and had my comment saved. Thought this ended the 5th @BuildnShare ? Where I am at all day today is the 5th :'(:'(:'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file
    Return to top