Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's still playing the Sims 1 from time to time?

Comments

• MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    I play the Sims 1 a lot as when I played it way back when I only ever had the base game. Now I have the Complete Collection so it's like a brand new game for me - there's such much from the expansions to explore that I never got to experience when I first played it before the release of Sims 2. I do find it boring sometimes, but normally the nostalgia overrides it. The thing I struggled with the most is keeping up with those needs. Once I get on top of one need, suddenly there's another need to take care off and before I know it my sims are dead lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I would play if I still had it. I have considered buying it off of Amazon before but I just never got around to it. And, if I did it would be to play Superstar because they have never remade that pack (not to my expectations anyway) or maybe Makin' Magic because I switched to sims2 before really got to experience that pack.

I'd probably bring back Chez. He won the lottery (I motherloded him with a million dollars or I guess you could say he was rosebudded but it doesn't have the same ring). His new found wealth allowed him to pursue his dream career of being an actor, but before he started chasing that dream he bought this huge party house and moved his 2 cats and 1 dog in. He'd throw grand parties and tried woohoo with every pretty girl he saw. He was bad boy, I kind of wonder what happened to him.
  • LadyLilySophiaLadyLilySophia Posts: 121 Member
    I still play from time to time for nostalgic purposes. My husband didn't start playing til Sims 3, and it just blew his mind when I first showed him the original. I think he plays it more than I do.
  • MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I don't play it anymore but I still have the complete collection on my shelf :smiley: But I often watch videos of it online because they are so nostalgic! I used to play the game so much with my brother when we were like 9 years old.
    cha cha cha
  • MattActorGordonMattActorGordon Posts: 2 New Member
    I actually just recently downloaded the old-school games and found them a little difficult! The newer versions of the sims kind of stream-lined the sims' needs, but playing the first iteration made me feel like I was constantly micromanaging! haha. It was a still a lovely trip down memory lane though.
  • LadyLilySophiaLadyLilySophia Posts: 121 Member
    It really is much easier to play now. But The first iteration will always be my favorite
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    installed the base game alone last night, played for two hours
    this game still rocks :blush:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • HarmonieBreezeHarmonieBreeze Posts: 45 Member
    I have sims 2, 3, and 4 but I intend on buying the first sims soon!
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    i still play TS1 and conversion TSO objects
  • Aaron9LivesAaron9Lives Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to play the original Sims again. I used to have the complete collection as well as the single copies of the deluxe edition and the vacation expansion, but I don't know what happened to them. My new PC tower doesn't have a CD drive either.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    > @Aaron9Lives said:
    > I would love to play the original Sims again. I used to have the complete collection as well as the single copies of the deluxe edition and the vacation expansion, but I don't know what happened to them. My new PC tower doesn't have a CD drive either.

a external usb dvd or bd driver is your best selection
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    I play it from time to time, but not very often. my old PC is starting to act up, and it's life will probably end soon. :'(
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    Points for absent lag, & lots of fun & unexpected mods.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    I still play TS1 every once in awhile when I am feeling nostalgic. When I do play it, I will play for about a week or so, then leave it be for a while.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    I just got it working on my laptop. it has lost a bit of it's shine after 18 years, and I only have the expansions up to Hot Date, so I will likely only play every now and then.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Got my TS1 going again recently, thanks to still having all my old disks. XP machine though, not 10. Game is huge fun, so much you can do with it even with its age.
  • 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    Every now and then I'll boot it up, and I will be hit in the face with nostalgia.
    I love it. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it!
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I would absolutely be still playing The Sims 1 if I was able to. I have the complete collection lying around somewhere (albeit one of the discs went belly up so I'd probably have to buy it again anyway) but I have no idea how I'd even get it to run on a Windows 8.1 machine. The last time I played it was back in 2012 on a Windows 7 computer. If I ever figure it out, then I'll certainly play it again! I miss Magic Town especially.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2018
    I load up Sims 1 occasionally, and jut plain vanilla without the user-made add-ons.

I played all 5 games, that includes TSO, which was basically just everyone chatting while their sims read books. Don Hopkins and I were testing his Maze runner program that allowed us to create oodles of money quickly and build a mansion. We let other people move in and we would have our sims standing at the maze the whole time. And then I would deck the place out.

I was sad when it died. They never could figure out how to make the game-play interesting, because skills were so hard to maintain as they depleted and balanced out, you could not really max out all your skills. Then everyone would stand at the Pizza machine shouting out in "Text Bubbles" things like Lg Cheese, M. Pepperoni, Sm Mushroom and then the leader would tell who to to put in what, so you could make a pizza and sometimes you just had to make one to burn. That was probably the most fun aspect, the job objects, but the skill building was aweful. It needed to be removed, as sitting in a house reading books was just boring.

I even made add-ons for it. Will Wright had some great ideas about how to have user content that was more similar to the way other future MMORPGs worked. We sat down and talked about how to integrate it all and how it would work for Maxis and the Add-On Community. I really wish I could play that game again, but with some improvements. After TSO died, Luc Bartlett went on to create a similar game, that never really quite hit the mark for me. I think Second Life (or something similar) came out around that time, and people had moved on from the sprite art 3D hybrids to full 3D.
  • DumbOllieDumbOllie Posts: 13 New Member
    The Sims its my favourite of them all! I've recently joined this forum in hopes of creating a ''Discussion'' because I need some info. I've found online some screenshots of the very first Sims game, before any expansion packs or download content. And I've noticed some changes that I think everyone will enjoy seeing and I was hoping I could come across some players from that version because I need to read stories about it :)
    I think what I like most about Sims 1 its the nostalgia factor. Also the 4 rotations of the camera, and the strange things that could happen to your sims. For example, one time while playing Makin' Magic my sim kissed a frog and it turned out it was a prince! So a new man was added to the family! It was so random and cool. The furniture and style is awesome too. The music is heaven to my ears haha. The whole game is a 10/10
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm sorry but I just can't stand Sims 1 graphics. I guess I'm a sucker for good looking games. The only reason why I still bother to play it every now and then is because of the nostalgic feeling.
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I've just re-installed it on an older Windows 7 laptop and am digging out all my old utilities and cc.

Monis sims had some good stuff and I found it still downloadable on the web at...
    http://sims.monis.ch/downloads_ne.htm

just make sure you check for viruses though after download as it is not an https site.
  • Choco446Choco446 Posts: 25 Member
    I play the Sims 1 off and on again... I can really enjoy it if I play for about 2 hours but any longer and it just gets a little repetitive... I really try to put my self in the mindset of when it was originally released but sometimes it really difficult.
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I make my boyfriend keep it on he's laptop so I can play it when I'm round there :) I still love it to this day! It was the first one I played I grew up with it so it has a special place. I love the children's bedroom furniture set it's so cute <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top