Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Primer: Avoiding Game and Neighborhood Corruption

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    theFella wrote: »
    I have got a bad case of disappearing graves in Pleasantview. is this a sign of corruption. all the graves are gone.

It is a sign, but usually because the act of making one disappear creates the corruption. This is preventable if you have a hack. nounlinkondelete is the name of the mod's file. It's on MATY so I don't think I can directly link to it. The game normally tries to delete files of Sims whose graves get smashed/kicked/etc. However, like with other delete methods it's not a clean delete and leaves behind corruption.

I had 2 graves disappear on me. I don't think they were smashed/kicked/etc. But I had done things that are well known to cause corruption out of ignorance. I would not have known that the files were adding to my corruption if not for SimPE and it told me the files were not readable anymore.

All that being said, one sign of corruption is not a sign that corruption has happened because the signs can happen for different reasons other than corruption. It's when you start getting multiple signs that it becomes obvious a neighborhood is corrupted.

And the neighborhood could be completely playable for 5 more years of daily play for hours before it goes completely. So it's also not an immediate death sentence. And if you take frequent back ups, you may be able to luck past where the neighborhood survives. I know that happened to me (first death was generation D in college, second one and when I realized it was neighborhood corruption was generation i).

I had other signs of corruption. I had 2 invisible Sims that I could not interact with or interact with anything that I literally could not even cheat them to death. Annoyingly one was my Simself. I had Sims doing the scared interaction to inanimate objects (microwave being the most common). I had Sims using invisible stairs or getting into an upstairs bed downstairs.

So keep playing as usual - up to you on whether you want to try to get the graves back or not. Take back ups and file this in the back of your mind and keep an eye out for other signs of corruption.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    theFella wrote: »
    I have got a bad case of disappearing graves in Pleasantview. is this a sign of corruption. all the graves are gone.

Jules and Seera have already covered this, but use NoUnlinkOnDelete and back up early and often. Weird stuff happens in premade neighborhoods, especially the original three.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Oh man...my original family is crashing a few minutes after loading. I can play any other family without problems, but these are not working. I'm sad. I tried moving them out and into a different house, but it's still happening. I used the stuck object remover and the lot checker...I'm going to have to check using the neighborhood checker. WAHHHHH!!
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Oh man...my original family is crashing a few minutes after loading. I can play any other family without problems, but these are not working. I'm sad. I tried moving them out and into a different house, but it's still happening. I used the stuck object remover and the lot checker...I'm going to have to check using the neighborhood checker. WAHHHHH!!

Neighborhood Checker's not terribly hard to run, though deciding what to do about what it reports can be. :)
    Update: I am going to make the top two lessons in this thread their own seperate, downloadable tutorial. The BoolProp tutorial has run into the snag of that it requires several dozen pictures and I don't know what everything is, so more research is needed. (Note to self: blow up test setup with the settings rather than the regular game...)
  • MirrorMasqueradeMirrorMasquerade Posts: 13 New Member
    I was gonna make a thread about this, but then realized i couldn't, so i guess this'd be the best place to leave it.

So one of my sims just met Bella Goth on a community lot i made in strangetown, and i'm aware she's just a regular townie with no unique memories or anything. But immediately upon greeting her, she tells me this: gyazoDOTcom/0973d7bb4688c4627d060e75ab10442a .jpg

Immediately frightened, i didn't dare to click either of the options before doing proper research, forgetting the fact that these dialogue boxes simply vanish if left untouched for too long. So i sent the sim home, saved, and exited the game, and ran the hoodchecker. (Which i've done only a day before, and had it remove any invalid anythings that it found.) It didn't find any new invalid threads, which i thought weird, so i went ahead and CTRL+F'd through the entire log of valid threads, and i found the following.

gyazoDOTcom/0c1eb89e8a60d647a01e3460a88f6a40 .png
    gyazoDOTcom/d86dbc21c8f53c61f59220324f748e10 .png

Note that i have not added Bella to a household, and have only interacted with her a couple of times on community lots with Macy's (The green sim in the picture) father.

Should i be worried?
    I was gonna make a thread about this, but then realized i couldn't, so i guess this'd be the best place to leave it.

So one of my sims just met Bella Goth on a community lot i made in strangetown, and i'm aware she's just a regular townie with no unique memories or anything. But immediately upon greeting her, she tells me this: gyazoDOTcom/0973d7bb4688c4627d060e75ab10442a .jpg

Immediately frightened, i didn't dare to click either of the options before doing proper research, forgetting the fact that these dialogue boxes simply vanish if left untouched for too long. So i sent the sim home, saved, and exited the game, and ran the hoodchecker. (Which i've done only a day before, and had it remove any invalid anythings that it found.) It didn't find any new invalid threads, which i thought weird, so i went ahead and CTRL+F'd through the entire log of valid threads, and i found the following.

gyazoDOTcom/0c1eb89e8a60d647a01e3460a88f6a40 .png
    gyazoDOTcom/d86dbc21c8f53c61f59220324f748e10 .png

Note that i have not added Bella to a household, and have only interacted with her a couple of times on community lots with Macy's (The green sim in the picture) father.

Should i be worried?

Hey Mirror: none of those screenshots are going through, because they're not valid web links. You'll need to upload them somewhere (I suggest Tumblr, perhaps? And then copy the image link.

If you haven't made any changes to Strangetown Bella, or to the game files, or added her to a household, I would not be worried. Chances are that this is part of the Apartment Life Networking thing, which turns up a little randomly.
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    > MirrorMasquerade wrote: »
    >
    > I was gonna make a thread about this, but then realized i couldn't, so i guess this'd be the best place to leave it.
    >
    > So one of my sims just met Bella Goth on a community lot i made in strangetown, and i'm aware she's just a regular townie with no unique memories or anything. But immediately upon greeting her, she tells me this: gyazoDOTcom/0973d7bb4688c4627d060e75ab10442a .jpg
    >
    > Immediately frightened, i didn't dare to click either of the options before doing proper research, forgetting the fact that these dialogue boxes simply vanish if left untouched for too long. So i sent the sim home, saved, and exited the game, and ran the hoodchecker. (Which i've done only a day before, and had it remove any invalid anythings that it found.) It didn't find any new invalid threads, which i thought weird, so i went ahead and CTRL+F'd through the entire log of valid threads, and i found the following.
    >
    > gyazoDOTcom/0c1eb89e8a60d647a01e3460a88f6a40 .png
    > gyazoDOTcom/d86dbc21c8f53c61f59220324f748e10 .png
    >
    > Note that i have not added Bella to a household, and have only interacted with her a couple of times on community lots with Macy's (The green sim in the picture) father.
    >
    > Should i be worried?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey Mirror: none of those screenshots are going through, because they're not valid web links. You'll need to upload them somewhere (I suggest Tumblr, perhaps? And then copy the image link.
    >
    > If you haven't made any changes to Strangetown Bella, or to the game files, or added her to a household, I would not be worried. Chances are that this is part of the Apartment Life Networking thing, which turns up a little randomly.

Just copy paste, and replace the DOT with an actual dot (.) and remove the space right before the .jpg and .png.

I can't post links directly due to my lack of points.
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    >
    > I was gonna make a thread about this, but then realized i couldn't, so i guess this'd be the best place to leave it.
    >
    > So one of my sims just met Bella Goth on a community lot i made in strangetown, and i'm aware she's just a regular townie with no unique memories or anything. But immediately upon greeting her, she tells me this: gyazoDOTcom/0973d7bb4688c4627d060e75ab10442a .jpg
    >
    > Immediately frightened, i didn't dare to click either of the options before doing proper research, forgetting the fact that these dialogue boxes simply vanish if left untouched for too long. So i sent the sim home, saved, and exited the game, and ran the hoodchecker. (Which i've done only a day before, and had it remove any invalid anythings that it found.) It didn't find any new invalid threads, which i thought weird, so i went ahead and CTRL+F'd through the entire log of valid threads, and i found the following.
    >
    > gyazoDOTcom/0c1eb89e8a60d647a01e3460a88f6a40 .png
    > gyazoDOTcom/d86dbc21c8f53c61f59220324f748e10 .png
    >
    > Note that i have not added Bella to a household, and have only interacted with her a couple of times on community lots with Macy's (The green sim in the picture) father.
    >
    > Should i be worried?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey Mirror: none of those screenshots are going through, because they're not valid web links. You'll need to upload them somewhere (I suggest Tumblr, perhaps? And then copy the image link.
    >
    > If you haven't made any changes to Strangetown Bella, or to the game files, or added her to a household, I would not be worried. Chances are that this is part of the Apartment Life Networking thing, which turns up a little randomly.

Just copy paste, and replace the DOT with an actual dot (.) and remove the space right before the .jpg and .png.

I can't post links directly due to my lack of points.

Okay, the therapist thing does have me worried. I would not initially have worried about the "met therapist" line (in case it does show up, a la the social bunny) but networking with him? Eeek. My best guess is that this is working similarly to the Social Bunny Friend Bug, which should be neighborhood specific.

I would still check through all other neighborhoods you have and want to keep with the hood checker, as this is an object NPC and changes to it risk your other neighborhood, and extract sims that you want from this version of Strangetown.

If you want to run a vanilla strangetown again, try a clean template... but if this is indeed a bug where the therapist or social bunny randomly gets the ability to actually retain relationship info with one specific sim, there are a few things that you can try if you're willing to experiment with the neighborhood after backing up everything else.

1) The Sim Blender+summon shrub: Make a sim. Summon Bella Goth and move her in. Use the sim blender to set her aspiration to completely drained. Use the Sim Blender's relationships panel to remove Have Met. This SHOULD erase friend data and lifetime and daily relationship values from Bella: I'm not 100% on what it does to the therapist so if you're serious about saving the neighborhood back a copy up somewhere in case this kersplodes. Also a good idea? Back up your downloads folder, and have your reinstall method on hand. Run the hood checker and see if the line about Bella's relationship to the Therapist is still there. If it isn't, play forward with extreme caution.

This is theoretically easier for the therapist than for the social bunnies because HE doesn't have at least three iterations. With the bunny it's possible to do this a dozen times without finding the right rabbit.

2) SimPE: go into strangetown, open Bella's relationships panel, and look for one that links her to the therapist. Remove it. Do the same for any relationships the therapist has, and then track down the other sims that he has relationships with (if any) and remove their relationship to him. When I find a tutorial that still has pictures I'll let you know. I usually use the Sim Blender to fix relationships in game due to it being safer and easier to check if I did it right. However, the hood checker should have the right GUID of the relationship in question, so that does narrow things down. (Most likely it found relationship of Bella to Therapist, and not the reverse, since there is a unidirectional version of each relationship.)

I can't guarantee that these will work, due to the Therapist being a game object, BUT if you're willing to play for a bit after these knowing that the neighborhood may be borked and running the hood checker every time? You might be able to salvage the neighborhood, or at least determine if the game itself has the problem or if it's just Strangetown. I also haven't had this precise problem before.

Note that some mods (Including at least one mod that adds fertility to sims based on menstrual periods) modify object NPC's by mistake and may exacerbate issues like this, so hunt through your mods folder and see what's in there. My semi-educated guess is that the reason the Social Bunny and Therapist have issues that are different from other NPC's like crumplebutt and the Unsavory Charlatan is because they can technically appear multiple times on the same lot, i.e. if multiple sims are in social or aspiration failure. (And because the bunny has between 3 and total number of sims allowable on one lot iterations... Cripes, Maxis!)

Decline the offer to network. No relationship will be created if you do, and it should be safe. According to the wiki NPC's and townies do not have networking bonuses amongst themselves, so Bella should not have spread this relationship to others. (It isn't initialized until a phone call is made...)
    Like i said, the dialogue box vanished before i made a choice, so i'm assuming it defaulted to no. I know that the phone call comes in about three hours after the offer is accepted, and i haven't played since i sent the sim home from this event.

There's also the fact that i haven't noticed any other visible signs of corruption yet, save for squiggly thought bubbles when one of my sims was looking out a window, which i hear is normal. (Well, about as "normal" as TS2 can be.)

The only mods i have installed are a few of the ones you have listed in this thread, but they were installed just a few hours ago, after this incident occured, and i've taken care to avoid anything that may cause corruption. I even set all the individual objects.package files to read-only, but i get the feeling that TS2 can manage to find a way to get past that, knowing it's held up by pillars of duct tape and gum.

Do you think the objects.package file will show up as modified? Should i check it? I've heard that as long as it doesn't show a recent date it was modified i'm good, but i'm unsure on that.

Will a neighborhood backup and a reinstall work fine if this is game corruption? I just started playing a couple weeks ago, and haven't touched any other neighborhood than Strangetown.

Oh, and one last note; the only times Therapist has shown up in my game has been a few times where i SimVac'd some college kids, none of my sims have interacted with him.

Either way i'm making a backup right now.
  • Choco446Choco446 Posts: 25 Member
    thx!!
  • Choco446Choco446 Posts: 25 Member
    Really helpful! I didn't realize that The Sims 2 was such a fragile game!
    Okay, so I did a little digging in simPE (Which for the record, i have no clue how to really use.) And it seems Therapist is only friends with Bella. However he seems to "Know" several other townies... Is that a bad sign, or is it normal for NPCs to have plenty of "known" sims with random relationship values? Every person that Therapist "knows" of seem to view him as their BFF, a feeling which is not returned.

imgurDOTcom/a/wdTgC

I've done nothing as of yet. I'm terrified to click any buttons.
    Okay, so I did a little digging in simPE (Which for the record, i have no clue how to really use.) And it seems Therapist is only friends with Bella. However he seems to "Know" several other townies... Is that a bad sign, or is it normal for NPCs to have plenty of "known" sims with random relationship values? Every person that Therapist "knows" of seem to view him as their BFF, a feeling which is not returned.

imgurDOTcom/a/wdTgC

I've done nothing as of yet. I'm terrified to click any buttons.

This is pretty consistent with my understanding of the Bunny glitch, and it should be entirely safe to uncheck known, as long as you uncheck all other values such as friends, BFFs, etc. (And you do it with both relationships.) Fortunately, sim relationships deleted in SimPE are deleted fully. (It's one of the only safe ways to delete a sim: removing all their data in SimPE.)
    Okay, i've gone ahead and removed both Bella and Therapist's memories of meeting eachother, as well as unchecked "friends". (Strangely enough, it seemed that "known" was unchecked...)

I haven't done anything else with either yet. Are you positive that objects.package NPCs such as Therapist aren't supposed to have random townies checked as "known"? Therapist had no memories other than "Met Bella", and i also checked Grim's relations out of curiosity, and he also has random townies checked as "known", with these townies also having "known" checked back.

The list of townies that Grim knows, and the list of townies Therapist knows are somewhat similar, many of the same townies show up in both lists. I checked further into a specific townie's list of known sims, and... Seems she knows more NPCs. Not only does she know Grim and Therapist, but she also knows the Hula zombie, AND a Pollination Technician.

All of these sims have similar townies they know. What in the name of myshuno has happened to my game?

Found out that Mrs. Crumbly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 also has gotten herself some memories, and has made a singular acquaintance with a townie. I assume the "gossip" memories are supposed to be there, considering she does gossip a lot, but i've been wrong before.

So what do you think? Is my game past salvation at this point?

(The Moire family is my playable family, the only one i've played.)

imgurDOTcom/a/v3AFb
    Okay, i've gone ahead and removed both Bella and Therapist's memories of meeting eachother, as well as unchecked "friends". (Strangely enough, it seemed that "known" was unchecked...)

I haven't done anything else with either yet. Are you positive that objects.package NPCs such as Therapist aren't supposed to have random townies checked as "known"? Therapist had no memories other than "Met Bella", and i also checked Grim's relations out of curiosity, and he also has random townies checked as "known", with these townies also having "known" checked back.

The list of townies that Grim knows, and the list of townies Therapist knows are somewhat similar, many of the same townies show up in both lists. I checked further into a specific townie's list of known sims, and... Seems she knows more NPCs. Not only does she know Grim and Therapist, but she also knows the Hula zombie, AND a Pollination Technician.

All of these sims have similar townies they know. What in the name of myshuno has happened to my game?

Found out that Mrs. Crumbly plum also has gotten herself some memories, and has made a singular acquaintance with a townie. I assume the "gossip" memories are supposed to be there, considering she does gossip a lot, but i've been wrong before.

So what do you think? Is my game past salvation at this point?

(The Moire family is my playable family, the only one i've played.)

imgurDOTcom/a/v3AFb

I'm going to crack open a neighborhood I've never played and have a look, because that's a lot of known sims for NPC's. In the meantime, could you screenshot me a complete list of mods that you have? (Mods - things that change gameplay including objects that have their own custom memories, custom foods, etc. Body shop content and regular furniture need not apply.) I do know that if no one has died in your neighborhood, Grim should not... really have any data... but also it's a premade neighborhood, so...

Gotta go find my copy of Strangetown or generate a new one.
  • danceicarusdanceicarus Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow thanks for this. I had no idea there were all these things to consider.

By the way, I've downloaded Pescado's Creature Fixes but on his notes it says to place in:
    MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1
    and I have Ultimate Collection, so do I place his file in my regular downloads file?
    which is) Documents/EA Games/TheSims 2Ultimate Collection/Downloads)
    or am I supposed to look somewhere else?
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    >
    > Okay, i've gone ahead and removed both Bella and Therapist's memories of meeting eachother, as well as unchecked "friends". (Strangely enough, it seemed that "known" was unchecked...)
    >
    > I haven't done anything else with either yet. Are you positive that objects.package NPCs such as Therapist aren't supposed to have random townies checked as "known"? Therapist had no memories other than "Met Bella", and i also checked Grim's relations out of curiosity, and he also has random townies checked as "known", with these townies also having "known" checked back.
    >
    > The list of townies that Grim knows, and the list of townies Therapist knows are somewhat similar, many of the same townies show up in both lists. I checked further into a specific townie's list of known sims, and... Seems she knows more NPCs. Not only does she know Grim and Therapist, but she also knows the Hula zombie, AND a Pollination Technician.
    >
    > All of these sims have similar townies they know. What in the name of myshuno has happened to my game?
    >
    > Found out that Mrs. Crumbly plum also has gotten herself some memories, and has made a singular acquaintance with a townie. I assume the "gossip" memories are supposed to be there, considering she does gossip a lot, but i've been wrong before.
    >
    > So what do you think? Is my game past salvation at this point?
    >
    > (The Moire family is my playable family, the only one i've played.)
    >
    > imgurDOTcom/a/v3AFb
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm going to crack open a neighborhood I've never played and have a look, because that's a lot of known sims for NPC's. In the meantime, could you screenshot me a complete list of mods that you have? (Mods - things that change gameplay including objects that have their own custom memories, custom foods, etc. Body shop content and regular furniture need not apply.) I do know that if no one has died in your neighborhood, Grim should not... really have any data... but also it's a premade neighborhood, so...
    >
    > Gotta go find my copy of Strangetown or generate a new one.

imgurDOTcom/VWrpVUj.png

Here's all the mods. Again, i installed all of these *after* having Therapist networking happen to me, no sims have died, so Grim hasn't appeared anywhere, particularly not the Hula Zambabo.

How the crap does TS2 manage to find new ways to corrupt everything? I can't find anything online about NPC's being dragged into networking, and considering Bella Goth's memory of meeting Therapist happened *after* meeting my sim, the game must have pulled Therapist into her friends list for the sole purpose of giving me the networking option.
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    >
    > Okay, i've gone ahead and removed both Bella and Therapist's memories of meeting eachother, as well as unchecked "friends". (Strangely enough, it seemed that "known" was unchecked...)
    >
    > I haven't done anything else with either yet. Are you positive that objects.package NPCs such as Therapist aren't supposed to have random townies checked as "known"? Therapist had no memories other than "Met Bella", and i also checked Grim's relations out of curiosity, and he also has random townies checked as "known", with these townies also having "known" checked back.
    >
    > The list of townies that Grim knows, and the list of townies Therapist knows are somewhat similar, many of the same townies show up in both lists. I checked further into a specific townie's list of known sims, and... Seems she knows more NPCs. Not only does she know Grim and Therapist, but she also knows the Hula zombie, AND a Pollination Technician.
    >
    > All of these sims have similar townies they know. What in the name of myshuno has happened to my game?
    >
    > Found out that Mrs. Crumbly plum also has gotten herself some memories, and has made a singular acquaintance with a townie. I assume the "gossip" memories are supposed to be there, considering she does gossip a lot, but i've been wrong before.
    >
    > So what do you think? Is my game past salvation at this point?
    >
    > (The Moire family is my playable family, the only one i've played.)
    >
    > imgurDOTcom/a/v3AFb
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm going to crack open a neighborhood I've never played and have a look, because that's a lot of known sims for NPC's. In the meantime, could you screenshot me a complete list of mods that you have? (Mods - things that change gameplay including objects that have their own custom memories, custom foods, etc. Body shop content and regular furniture need not apply.) I do know that if no one has died in your neighborhood, Grim should not... really have any data... but also it's a premade neighborhood, so...
    >
    > Gotta go find my copy of Strangetown or generate a new one.

imgurDOTcom/VWrpVUj.png

Here's all the mods. Again, i installed all of these *after* having Therapist networking happen to me, no sims have died, so Grim hasn't appeared anywhere, particularly not the Hula Zambabo.

How the plum does TS2 manage to find new ways to corrupt everything? I can't find anything online about NPC's being dragged into networking, and considering Bella Goth's memory of meeting Therapist happened *after* meeting my sim, the game must have pulled Therapist into her friends list for the sole purpose of giving me the networking option.

The mods all check out. And it being vanilla Strangetown, there should NOT be a shortage of townies to network with.

A quick check with SimPE in a Strangetown I have never opened or played has the following sims "knowing" the therapist.
    - Willow Nigmos (Deceased)
    - Tim Lee DeMise (Deceased)
    - Rigger Mortis (Deceased)
    - Peponi Muenda (Deceased)
    - Lou Thanasia (Deceased)
    - Lerato Muenda (Deceased)
    - Ichabod Specter (Deceased)
    - Hugh Thanasia (Deceased)
    - Earl E. DeMise (Deceased)
    - Creon Nigmos (Deceased)
    - Bella Goth (Townie)

The following sims are "known" by the therapist:
    - Willow Nigmos (Deceased)
    - Tim Lee DeMise (Deceased)
    - Rigger Mortis (Deceased)
    - Peponi Muenda (Deceased)
    - Lou Thanasia (Deceased)
    - Lerato Muenda (Deceased)
    - Ichabod Specter (Deceased)
    - Hugh Thanasia (Deceased)
    - Earl E. DeMise (Deceased)
    - Creon Nigmos (Deceased)
    - Bella Goth (Townie)

All of these sims are also listed as known by the Hula Zombie and the Grim Reaper, several know the actual Polination Tech (the one not in the Smith Family Tree, though I stopped checking all those quickly because strangetown is overpopulated with long names.) (Yes, even Bella, who is alive... currently.) Dead sims Hecate and Zog Nigmos are not listed as known by ANY of these NPC's, nor are any ancestral sims not buried in Olive's garden, (I suspect this means that all ancestral strangetown sims were given death tokens except these... possibly they all went into aspiration failure first?) None of these sims are listed as "friends" or "best friends" of Therapist Therapist, so there was definitely something wrong there. In my neighborhood, Therapist does not know any sims that are not dead besides Bella, and no sim has the relationship levels with him that would set him as a friend.

Trivia: Johnny Smith is listed as Bella's nephew, suggesting that she was created as a member of the Smith family before being dropped into the townie pool. (I don't think this is a glitch: Jill is also listed as niece, Jenny is listed as a sibling.)

I'm 90% certain that Therapist Therapist should have no memories. Bella only has the mystery sim first kisses in my clean neighborhood.

Test in a non-EA neighborhood
    Lastly, opening my perfectly functional custom neighborhood, I find that Brynne Mawar, who went into aspiration failure earlier, does NOT know the Therapist. Unsavory Charlatan, another NPC without any possible interactions besides those programmed in, has relationship files towards sims he's interacted with, but they're all at 0 and not flagged as known: possibly they'll get rid of themselves? Therapist Therapist has no relationship files. I did not check Crumplebutt because I do not have a downtown attached to this neighborhood, or Grim, since I have yet to have a neighborhood death, so it wouldn't tell me anything.

Conclusion: Strangetown is kinda fudged at shipment. Whatever made Bella network with an NPC is due to the pre-fudgedness of Strangetown, and not something you did wrong during gameplay. It's definitely something that shouldn't have happened just because of a mod (I have all those.)

However. You should be able to unset both "have met" and "friends" in SimPE and Bella's relationship with the Therapist should decay, as should
    the relationships of any other townies not on the list above who have met the Therapist.

... This begs the question, if you have anyone not on my list in your Therapist list, how the fudge they met the Therapist? These relationships are possibly why these characters are so borked if you resurrect them.

TLDR; Uncheck "known" and "friends" on all of Therapist's relationships (and all their relationships back) and play forward with caution. For the love of little green tomatoes, don't move Strangetown Bella in with a family or resurrect any of Olive's ghosts. If you have another issue with networking... I don't even know if there's a mod to suppress it, but you might have to install one to keep Strangetown functional.
    Wow thanks for this. I had no idea there were all these things to consider.

By the way, I've downloaded Pescado's Creature Fixes but on his notes it says to place in:
    MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1
    and I have Ultimate Collection, so do I place his file in my regular downloads file?
    which is) Documents/EA Games/TheSims 2Ultimate Collection/Downloads)
    or am I supposed to look somewhere else?

Yes, this is right. Pescado listed the disc location because that's all that was avaliable at the time.
    Flippin' strangetown... I guess it's in the name, but why does my favourite neighborhood also have to be the most borked? And WHY does it have to be BELLA of all people that causes the bork to me? I really wanted to move her into a household and let her legacy continue, but i guess those Goth madness genes will just have to wander strangetown for the rest of eternity.... If i'm lucky, maybe i'll have her die in a fire and put an end to her insane ramblings.

I'm going to do what you said and remove all of Therapists "known"s, apart from the ones he's seemingly "supposed" to know.

If things do end up borking, do you think it'll be Game corruption or Hood corruption? Or is the Game corruption already happening?

I really want to know, since if the damage is already done i might as well go all the way and see what'll happen.

Oh, and one final thing, the clean versions of the pre-made hoods that you listed in this thread, do you know if they fix this? Bella knowing Therapist and such?
    Oh and uh, it seems that the "everyone thinking Therapist is their BFF but Therapist doesn't think so back" thing... Wasn't actually a thing. SimPE Isn't showing that anymore, and i wasn't able to uncheck it when it was there.
    Flippin' strangetown... I guess it's in the name, but why does my favourite neighborhood also have to be the most borked? And WHY does it have to be BELLA of all people that causes the bork to me? I really wanted to move her into a household and let her legacy continue, but i guess those Goth madness genes will just have to wander strangetown for the rest of eternity.... If i'm lucky, maybe i'll have her die in a fire and put an end to her insane ramblings.

I'm going to do what you said and remove all of Therapists "known"s, apart from the ones he's seemingly "supposed" to know.

If things do end up borking, do you think it'll be Game corruption or Hood corruption? Or is the Game corruption already happening?

I really want to know, since if the damage is already done i might as well go all the way and see what'll happen.

Oh, and one final thing, the clean versions of the pre-made hoods that you listed in this thread, do you know if they fix this? Bella knowing Therapist and such?

If this is borked it should be neighborhood corruption. If The Therapist was corrupted in the game files, this should show up in custom neighborhoods as well. I once made a leader of the pack a pet because I didn't know he was an object NPC, and it thoroughly fried the neighborhood, but the others were all fine. :)

At a guess, since Meetme2theRiver's clean neighborhoods are extensively tweaked so that they can be run as a megahood, this specific problem should be resolved. Make sure you use the 2011 version, not the 2009 version.

This is because
    There's also a whole bunch of little details, like memories and relationships and such that I missed the first time, AND I've run Mootilda's excellent HoodChecker on them all (it's still in testing, which I've been helping with, so it's not available for download yet), getting rid of leftover stuff that I couldn't do in SimPE. Oh, and if you go to the graveyard lot in Belladonna Cove, you'll be in for a little surprise...

This seems to indicate that she went in and cleaned out all sim relationships and junk memories, which should take care of the Therapist crud that shipped with strangetown.
    Oh and uh, it seems that the "everyone thinking Therapist is their BFF but Therapist doesn't think so back" thing... Wasn't actually a thing. SimPE Isn't showing that anymore, and i wasn't able to uncheck it when it was there.

My BFF checkbox was greyed out, so I was wondering about that...
    Thanks for the assistance. Sorry for kinda hijacking the thread, but like i said, i was planning to make this issue it's own thread, but i couldn't...

I'm gonna keep playing Strangetown for a bit. If anything else happens i'm probably just gonna wipe the hoods and install clean ones.