Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Izzy’s Shop Discussion

FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
Hello Simmers!

How are you liking Izzy’s Shop? I would like to share my feedback and concerns.

After seeing all the cool items you could potentially get in Izzy’s Shop I decided to give it a try myself. I bought a bunch of Fashion Gems using SimCash with IRL money. After trying multiple times for a good design, my overall satisfaction wasn’t great. It is very costly to redesign items if you don’t get anything you like. 16 Fashion Gems is a bit outrageous considering you can just claim what you get and retry for 20. I understand it should cost more if you “pin” and item, but 16 Gems “no pins” is a lot.

I get that these are mostly cosmetic items. EA has a right to charge whatever they feel is fair for these designs, but it seems that free to play users are at a severe disadvantage. I would be very happy if they lowered the “no pin” cost to retry a design. Currently it is only a 4 Fashion Gem discount between retrying a design, or creating a whole new design.

What are your thoughts? I would love to hear them!

Comments

• vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I agree. I wish we could choose gender for item. I was hoping to get something for my make to wear but keep getting unequippable female only clothing. I’ve tried about 5 times so far.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • fancykurtafromanfancykurtafroman Posts: 6 New Member
    yes i agree you must love whit them
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I agree. I wish we could choose gender for item. I was hoping to get something for my make to wear but keep getting unequippable female only clothing. I’ve tried about 5 times so far.

I wish they'd add a way to choose genders, or maybe set it for the gender of the Sim you send. My primary Sim is female but she has a male roommate and I'd like to get him some cool threads too. Or maybe have some items that can fit either gender. Also wish it wasn't so expensive to retry the design. You can earn 14 gems a week just by giving out 3 stickers, so I've built up quite a bit but doesn't really seem worth going to Izzy's if I can't find male outfits as well as female.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
    Nice thoughts! I definitely support the idea of being able to chose a male or female style.
  • KuvuplanKuvuplan Posts: 34 Member
    I did pretty well in last weeks sticker contest which gave me a bonus 27 gems. Combined with the daily To-Do, I found myself with 4X gems and decided to see what I could get.
    First roll was male bracelet (I didn't fully realize it was male at the time) with a trait I might use after I unlock it.
    Second roll was a trenchcoat of undetermined gender, turned out to be male, with the exact same trait and effect as the bracelet.
    I was unable to afford a Re-roll, because 4X is < 56 gems.
    I now have 2 male items that boost the same trait. There is a trash button I can press, and this will be the first to go when I reach total Izzy item limit. Duplicates of a food enhancing trait are not so useful when sims are unable to share stories/careers/hobbies.

How many gems get refunded when you trash an Izzy outfit?

How do I like Izzy's shop? I don't like it very much. It is gambling.
    It is more than cosmetic as the traits can help your sims out. It is very expensive to use it, and no control over what you get and if you can use it or not.

I think at their current prices, of being able to afford 1 roll every 10 days, we should have some more control, either pick a trait or gender, and let the rest be random. Or reduce the prices so we get more shots at something useful.

Another option would be delayed re-rolling. So you can double check that the effect or trait is something new that you want or if it's a duplicate. Or some way to recycle existing duplicates.

A re-roll of 16, when it costs 20 just to start, why would you spend that? Instead of re-rolling you can just get another whole item in 2 days worth of ToDo at that price.
  • Xiomara_MarciasXiomara_Marcias Posts: 3 New Member
    I agree about the expense. I never re-roll since it's like charging yourself double for 1 item.

Also, it is extremely disappointing when you end up with duplicates. I only have 5 Izzy items, and 2 of them are the same wrap shirt with the same effect, just in different colors...what a waste. I've seen some really neat items walking around my neighborhood, so I know the variety is there. Just wish the random item generator was a little smarter, and took in to account what you have.
  • FebreezySeaFebreezySea Posts: 4 New Member
    When you get an item that has pickpocket trait from Izzy, that is only a boost to that trait right? And you can only get that trait by buying heirloom right? So wearing that item does no good except for cosmetic purposes unless you have already unlocked that trait correct? Thanks
  • FebreezySeaFebreezySea Posts: 4 New Member
    I do like the anticipation of seeing what item you’ll get, but it is disappointing getting the same item multiple times. I did get lucky a few times but I have two different male grey tank tops that are a bit boring
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    I've had a bad time with them recently. I bought a fashion gem and Simcash pack recently and I only got two unique fashion items. The rest were duplicates of the zig zag design skirt. They were even the same shades of green color with only varying effects and traits. It surprised me that it didn't choose any other common tier fashion items except this long skirt.
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2018
    I hate Izzy. I want animations without clothing so my sims can wear whatever I choose. Why ya'll like having your sims wear the samething all the time just to wear that animation. Yup I see it now. This game will never get better
  • sims4olasims4ola Posts: 9 New Member
    Just got this awesome outfit at Izzy's Shop, like a blue butterfly, and its the first time that i'm soo happy with it) unfortunately i still can't upload any photos here(( tried first to upload photo to free image hosting first abd then to upload the link here but it also didn't work.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    sims4ola wrote: »
    Just got this awesome outfit at Izzy's Shop, like a blue butterfly, and its the first time that i'm soo happy with it) unfortunately i still can't upload any photos here(( tried first to upload photo to free image hosting first abd then to upload the link here but it also didn't work.

You need to post more in the forum so you can get rid of the New Member tab -- I'll give you a Like to help you along. Blame spammers in the early days of the forum who signed up and all they did was post filthy pictures. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > You need to post more in the forum so you can get rid of the New Member tab -- I'll give you a Like to help you along. Blame spammers in the early days of the forum who signed up and all they did was post filthy pictures. :|

thank you for explanation)
    @Kuvuplan said:

How many gems get refunded when you trash an Izzy outfit?

I have trashed a several Izzy's outfits and each time i got 3 gems for one outfit
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Izzy's rather expansive, I agree on that, but then I find most things in this game quite expensive. That being said, I'm really glad that we have opportunity to earn gems without IRL money. I'd also like to be able to choose gender for the oufit. I was pretty suprised when I went to Izzy's with my male Sim, and still got a female outfit.
  • RachPPRachPP Posts: 12 New Member
    For a long while, I wanted to tell my Izzy that he has no gift in designing clothes. I thought designers should keep on working until customers are somewhat satisfied with their work, but Izzy doesn't really give me a choice. I kept all the tank tops my Izzy designed, in hopes he will realize that I have enough and will stop giving me tank tops.
  • kawaii_sims98kawaii_sims98 Posts: 3 New Member
    I mostly get guy outfits & I got the same shirt twice..lol
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2018
    I mostly get guy outfits & I got the same shirt twice..lol

Depressing isn't it. Thats why we should get to choose how we want are animations to be but instead we get ripped off & left being unsatisfied & then we gotta pay for retry when retry should be free & also it should be free to retry as many times u want until satisfied. It's so unfair
  • MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    Does anyone know what the diff icons mean? Can we find a list somewhere?
    For-forum.jpg
  • TheRealXtremeTVTheRealXtremeTV Posts: 17 Member
    I got quite lucky with my Izzy today. I got red pants of rhythm with a raincloud effect, Superhero suit of fun, and a few other things. Also, does the Fashion gems+simcash offer come back every few weeks? (If you've bought it the first time).
  • AsquinolAsquinol Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm frustrated with Izzy as well. I have 2 female sims but 3 male Izzy Fashions and only 1 female.

It seems that if I go to Izzy with a,female, I get a male item and the only time I got a female item was when I first used Izzy with the male that has since retired. I hadn't even created my 1st female sim at the time so getting the female item prompted me to make his wife.

Now I have a daughter and no Izzy item for her to wear.

/grrr
  • DreaPopaDreaPopa Posts: 18 Member
    @TheRealXtremeTV no :( I wanna buy that again or any sale actually, but only for the cash though.
    I’m not a big fan of izzy shop, I’ve seen a couple of stuff around that look nice, but most likely the trait they give is useless, which is another problem
  • Katie_LinKatie_Lin Posts: 17 Member
    I agree. I have 4 pairs of the same pants in different colors. I don't like the pant style in the first place. I wish Izzy only did unique clothes, not re-colorings of clothes you could already own.
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    Too many duplicates! I don’t want 4 of the same top. Very frustrating. :'( :'(
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Smh its cool but annoying, saved up izzy gems only to get the same looking top for females even though all my sims in the house are male.