Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of sims do you create?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Other
    I have created myself, a few dozen times, people based on people I know and other Sims that I se in my dreams and they sometimes start communicating with me! :smile:

Here is Emily who has been trying to communicate with me this week:

29663186_10155457245651497_9099736199450419730_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d569ce18ae766d08397f681591aba6c5&oe=5B29D7CE

25075027_10155134394576497_4552451779280824957_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3b5998359a87546a9bb3820476584279&oe=5B675F82

25352220_10155135170721497_183272714458987997_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ddf6437b247c577036da188fce025b12&oe=5B6FDD57

29425020_10155423715956497_8742082515675643904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8f0cc857792e4c1f340f709b91afefe6&oe=5B37ECA0

I feel a lot of pain from her, a lot of hurt but also a lot of love
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Myself
    The funny thing is I made my simself back in 2011, I am still using the same sim. I have modified him over the years as I have grown older.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    Myself
    Loucifer wrote: »
    Gothic dark or punk I play all female Sims can't stand the male voice and some of the words and phrases they use sounds so stupid IMHO

@Loucifer : I always play with the sound turn off that's better.

@Simsophonique nice idea but for me gets too boring kinda like the other sounds :smiley:

@Loucifer : I just can't stand simlish except from the sims original.

@Nikkei_Simmer : Your sims is an art sculpture !
    @king_of_simcity7 : Wow I love her in picture 3 Emily is pretty here ! I also got an Emilie (same name) she is popular everybody wants to speak to her but she's nice.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Myself
    I forgot that a lot of you like to modify premade sims. I got into this a little bit. It is nice to make a premade sim someone who they were meant to be. Also maybe there is a premade sim that is irresistible.

I knew I would realise I forgot something after submitting this poll.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Fictitious people
    My crush in real-life.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    Other
    I don't know if this counted as fictional people (since I thought it maybe referred to fictional characters) so I choose others because I create my own OCs! Sometimes I create celebrities too but in general I like to create my own people
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • spongeblobbyspongeblobby Posts: 8 New Member
    Refined/improved version of myself
    I try making myself but it always turns out bad.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Fictitious people
    Mostly made up characters. I didn't make a self sim until years later when a friend of mine was playing a household with self sims of other friends in our community and I wanted in on the fun. I didn't actually play her myself for a long time after that either. It took me a bit to get over that self-sim awkwardness because that was the first time I ever made one and it felt weird to see "me" interacting with my other sims. I guess I can say the ones I made are all part of me or my imagination so they are all me in a way, if that makes sense? :D
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Other
    jillbg wrote: »
    I love creating! But even more so I like some of the premades with interesting faces - and with interesting I mean the not beautiful ones! :D I have never played with my simself, I think I'm so busy with real life, I just need to do something totally different when it comes to my spare time! :s And I just couldn't watch my simself die...
    Gothic dark or punk I play all female Sims can't stand the male voice and some of the words and phrases they use sounds so stupid IMHO
    @Loucifer That's why I play with the sound off and my ipod on... :p

@jillbg , I love killing my SS...wonder what a shrink would say about that?!? :D

I also listen to music while playing...I used to listen to them when first playing so I know how my main Sims sound but I just love playing music while playing now, it really influences the way I play at times.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Other
    @Charlottesmom Better not let your gameplay into the hands of a shrink - he'll choke on his own theories while laughing to death! :joy: I never listen to my male sims, I have their voices in my head and all their jabbladoo is a real turn off... :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited April 2018
    @jillbg, I presume that males in your Sims story are much like adults in Charlie Brown. :D

https://youtu.be/ss2hULhXf04

...oh...and I forgot... I also created my real-life wife...(she's a Sims gamer as well, though not as addicted as I am).

Screenshot-4.jpg

She buys me the expansion packs so I can have my Sims-addiction. :D

...and I made my late-Dad (gone almost 9 years now) as a Sim. At least in Sim form he gets a better existence than he did when he was alive (in RL...he was basically a "slave" to his job...lost two of his fingers from a circular saw accident)...he gets to do the things he never really got a chance to do in real life.

Screenshot-21.jpg

He had this exact blue t-shirt and grey Dickie's work-pants and he was usually wearing those all day, could never find the rumpled old baseball cap (in Sims 3 form, the ones that are there are usually too neat and tidy.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Fictitious people
    @Mikezumi Thank you :) I've always liked both your adult and elder SS.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Other
    @Nikkei_Simmer Geez... :s Your wife is really pretty! Recreating a better life for your dad in the sims seems to be real grief therapy :)
    I usually create a sim, then suddenly realizes the resemblance to someone! Like one of the kids in the early Grey Witches story I "re-animated" to take new pictures, and who is a younger look alike of one of the kids I have in class! :# I have refrained from killing him in game >:)>:)>:)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Fictitious people
    I often tried to create a sim self, but
    1. I was never satisfied because they just didn't look like me at all (No matter which sims game, a nose like mine is just not possible :D )
    2. I didn't like the idea of it in general because they would tend to do stuff I would never do in real life

I rather create own sims with their own personalities. However, I often create sims that are based off of me, like they look a lot like me or have the same or a similar personality.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Other
    Other. I make all sorts of sims but don't feel comfortable making sims of myself or people I know. This could be because I regard the game as a means of escapism from real life and a source of relaxation. I try really hard to stay away from stereotypes which is why Baby, although blonde and blue eyed, looks like the girl next door (metaphorically speaking) than a catwalk model.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Fictitious people
    Extra sims.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited April 2018
    Other
    I say Other because I like to create a mix of what you listed above. :)

Mostly I like to create my own sims for the stories I have in my head. ;) Rarely do I play with townies.
    However sometimes I like to create ficticious people and write awesome continuing stories for them. :blush:
    Tried to make my RL family members once...failed miserably at it. :confounded: And for me, having RL people in your game as sims, just feels weird and uncomfortable sometimes. :confounded:
    I did a fairly decent job creating myself as a sim and have kept her true to how I look now. :)
    I am NEVER good at creating Celebrity sims although I did happen to do a pretty darn fantastic job creating a Scott Bakula Sim for my continuing Quantum Leap story (if I do say so myself ;) ) and am still in awe that I created him and not someone else! :star:

I love watching how everyone else chooses to play their games. It's fun! :grin:

EDIT: I guess I thought "fictitious" meant "fictional." Whoops! :neutral:
    Thanks for clarifying that @Sindocat
    Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Celebrities
    I've done different methods over the years. I've made a 'this is what I want my life' type family. I've made completely fictional people. I've made....all of the above. But lately, I've been playing one of my favorite celebrity couples ever. Or a slightly fictionalized version of them. I love playing them and the whole town I've made or downloaded or modified.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Other
    I said "other" because at first look I mistook "fictitious people" as fictional people, i.e. characters from books, movies, etc. And, while I have done a few of those (the mad uncle from The Magician's Nephew, for example), I prefer to make up my own Sims as themselves.

I made a Sim Self once, but it felt crushingly awkward. Instead, I take my wish-fulfillment out vicariously, and typically make romantically inclined, creative and improbably good-looking young men to be roommates ... and see where that takes us. :D

I also have occasionally done families, with or without pets, and have played with most but not all of the Life States at my disposal. I started playing with Supernatural EP (got Sims 3 bundled with it), which appealed to my old table-top roleplay nostalgia for the World of Darkness setting (it is the same 5 core occult states for both).
  • LadyGaga457LadyGaga457 Posts: 9 New Member
    Fictitious people
    Fictitious most of the time, but pretty much all of the above. But when it comes to celebs I only download other people's creations since that's a lot of work and I'm somewhat of a perfectionist.
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    Fictitious people

I have tried making me and my family as sims, but that was just for the laughs. Mostly I try to be creative and create new characters, sometimes I get inspired by some character in a serie or movie. Here's some sims I've created, all made up while in cas.

39180487505_fa2d98d7a0_b.jpg
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Monsterfighter_1Monsterfighter_1 Posts: 19 Member
    I Love to create fictional characters or characters inspired by other medias, However I have tried to recreate myself before with a okay success rate. I guess the problem I face is which handsome sim should I marry! XD
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited April 2018
    For me, it hasn't been much of a problem playing with RL friends in-game (because I've only really put my family and two friends of mine (in RL) in the game. The rest have been celebrities as actors (in a certain role). The original game (The Sims) came out 6 months before I got married (in real life). I had real-world stuff happening so I didn't get into the game until 2017...and hooked ever since. It's an ADDICTION...I tell ya. All of my friends and I are old enough to remember the days when we didn't lock our doors for fear of a boogeyman around each corner and when we annoyed our parents too much, they told us "Get lost till dark". Childhood was fun playing outdoors...and we got into as much "innocent trouble" as we could get into. Playing "war" with clods of dirt. So nowadays...we're scared to even put our online-presence out.

I'm old enough to make mistakes and not care. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Unibunny9Unibunny9 Posts: 11 New Member
    Other
    I just make whatever pops into my head, try to see if I can make it work without mods, and if not just post it to the gallery and never touch it again.