Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited April 2018
    Pirate wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with the family i created for this challenge. It says I'm using something from a game pack (Hangout or something like that) but no matter how many times I go over each family members clothing/hair/accessories etc. I cannot for the life of me figure out what isn't base game. Any tips on how to locate the culprit?
    Looking at them in the gallery in game select the pack icon. It will show you everything that came with that pack. There should be a button on the far right. It will say something like items you had used from this pack. Once you select that it will show you the item that you are using in your upload .
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    You rawk! @EuphorialQueen Thank you for the insight!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #91 - Back to Basics
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/62C1386A35D411E88DCADE15B984DA1F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: N/A
    LOT NAME: Daisy Hovel, Willow Creek
    BUILD COST:74,996
    TOTAL COST: N/A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/U4zQU
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern suburban family home decorated in fresh Spring tones of orange, lemon and lime. Comprises 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms including teen and toddler rooms, study, kitchen, dining and living rooms. Fully landscaped with rear patio garden including bbq dining and lounge areas.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    JiVYFQi.png
    jfqkib3.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited April 2018
    This is the very first time I have entered a build contest. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

CHALLENGE #91 - Back to Basics
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LEVEL: Establised
    LOT: The Right Angle
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow, Oasis Springs

BUILD COST: 73,123
    TOTAL COST: 74,623
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

The Right Angle

ENTRY DETAILS:

One level living in modern 3-bedroom house with all the right angles. Open concept. Tastefully decorated in neutral tones, the living , kitchen and dining area enhance the family togetherness. Enjoy life in Oasis Springs with your own pond for fishing within walking distance. Good schools for the kids nearby. Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Two bedrooms for the kids separated by the family bathroom. Bedroom currently resided by teen boy, who loves sci-fi and sports, and the other bedroom, for a young girl who loves everything pink. Spacious, enclosed backyard, perfect for entertaining. Bar-b-q and outdoor bar with eating area and pool to relax and swim. Chess under the stars and a fountain with low-maintenance flowers complete the backyard retreat. Child's painting area is outdoors as well. Lots of windows.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but MOO + resizing used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    the_right_angle_house.png
    living_room_the_right_angle.png
    kitchen_and_dining_area.png
    lovely_shades_of_torquioise.png
    backyard_entertaining_the_right_angle.png
    cool_off_for_a_swm_the_right_angle.png
    Re-uploaded pics as they somehow disappeared. Thanks :)
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    BNS 91 SIM ENTRY:
    FORUM ID: CaramelLibra29
    ORIGIN ID: CaramelLibra29
    HOUSEHOLD: Here
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS:Sienna and Quinton met in college. Despite chasing their Dream careers as a Wall Street trader and personal trainer, they've managed to create a beautiful, love filled life and family with each other. Their eldest son Quinton Jr. longs to be the next Kevin Hart and little Quincy charms the snacks out of all of the teachers @ his daycare.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    jyT3ZRX.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    This is the very first time I have entered a build contest. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

CHALLENGE #91 - Back to Basics
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LEVEL: Beginner
    LOT: The Right Angle
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow, Oasis Springs

BUILD COST: 73,123
    TOTAL COST: 74,623
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

The Right Angle

ENTRY DETAILS:

One level living in modern 3-bedroom house with all the right angles. Open concept. Tastefully decorated in neutral tones, the living , kitchen and dining area enhance the family togetherness. Enjoy life in Oasis Springs with your own pond for fishing within walking distance. Good schools for the kids nearby. Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Two bedrooms for the kids separated by the family bathroom. Bedroom currently resided by teen boy, who loves sci-fi and sports, and the other bedroom, for a young girl who loves everything pink. Spacious, enclosed backyard, perfect for entertaining. Bar-b-q and outdoor bar with eating area and pool to relax and swim. Chess under the stars and a fountain with low-maintenance flowers complete the backyard retreat. Child's painting area is outdoors as well. Lots of windows.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but MOO + resizing used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    the_right_angle.png
    living_room_the_right_angle.png
    kitchen_and_dining_area.png
    lovely_shades_of_torquioise.png
    backyard_entertaining_the_right_angle.png
    cool_off_for_a_swm_the_right_angle.png

This is such a beautiful home that I think it should be in the Established category. It's too good for Beginner!
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited April 2018
    CHALLENGE #BnS91 - Back to Basics
    FORUM ID: maryjane2joe
    ORIGIN ID: 88th-BombGeek
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8CA6246A35F211E88ABEF880C0D922AF?fb_action_ids=2019535638367298&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=2019535638367298&fb_action_types=simsfour:share

LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Newcrest - Hillside Highlands (313 Flamengo Way)
    BUILD COST: 67,383
    TOTAL COST: 69,383

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ODUTV

ENTRY DETAILS: This is my official entry; I named my lot 313 Flamengo Way and moved a family into it... the family i built for this challenge but not to enter into the Sim competition tho... they seem to love the home i built for them... I am slowly learning everything here... especially the values and taking proper photos without grid lines... but it is still a fun and interesting challenges. I don't really know what to say this time around because *phew!! I've been working hard trying to build this the right way... hopefully I did well... otherwise... I love learning and I love these challenges because I have learned so much and... still learning too. PS.. the original entry I had previously deleted because it really needed work.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

k2lki4K.png

K5TpdzW.png
    285JXDb.jpg
    @pronterus - if I put my submission in the wrong category, I apologize. I have not done many builds, I mostly download builds. I worked 2 days on this and it took me a long time. I watched some YouTube videos from The Sim Supply to figure some things out. If the judges feel that this should go into the Established category, then please change it. Thank you and sorry for the confusion.
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Catch up time!
    Congratulations to @gmcrozier @leochick123 and @Kementari for the favs

@maryjane2joe thanks so much for the kind words about my couple and unfinished restaurant! Your house is just charming! What a wonderfully unique living room and comfy chic decor all around. Love that natural pool too - and the pink flamingos! I love pink flamingos!
    @pronterus - Gorgeous restaurant. Love the landscaping and the outdoor dining areas and the wonderful register counter and sitting areas! Beautiful neighborhood too. And on your house you really outdid yourself. What a fun and fabulous house! I am so impressed you did all of that with just basegame and on that budget!!
    @stscirius - Wonderful eatery! Love the sharp clean lines and splashes of red. And what a fabulous outdoor eating area!
    @gmcrozier - What a great look to the restaurant building with the wood and green plaster and the colorful inside is such eye candy. Very cool! Your house is so sleek and stunning. Love the open space and the kitchen and that detached patio is awesome!
    @shadowfairy74 - really gorgeous flower and fountain work in your restaurant. Love those hollyhocks! Your house has some wonderful roofwork and I love that patio pool! Your family is also pretty great! That little girl is especially adorable!
    @vaguenightmare - Fantastic industrial bar and really love the big bright prints on the walls and the colors you chose. Cool dividing wall as well!
    @msleo - lovely venue and I think the wallpaper you chose for the outside of the build creates an awesome effect! Wish I'd thought of it!
    @kittkat7147 - Gorgeous! Love the back patio and those high back chairs with the oversized wall hangings. Beautiful color choices. Just an all around chic build!
    @kementari - Just stunning. Completely wowed with the wonderful oversized art and brick and the gorgeous covered patio. Beautiful work! Very realistic!
    @caramellibra29 - Absolutely adorable restaurant couple. Very cool. You always get the best shots as well. And I especially loved those matching jammies! The Woodson family completely rocks too. You always get so much character in their faces..really love the mom!
    @abelhina35 - Wow..love the french brick with the Asian entrance! And OMG a sushi bar - how cool is that? Beautiful restaurant/awesome work!
    @nineteen80sims - what a wonderful basegame home! Love the bold solid colors and the carport! Very nice!
    @euphorialqueen - Beautiful kitchen, love the counter seating but especially love the pig!! Your Blanders family is also fantastic. That teenage daughter is quite the stunner!
    @jhgkjhgkjh - Stunning lines to that home! Just beautiful. Love that clean fenceless patio too!
    @kilra0 - great sharp lines and what a wonderful sand garden, but what I really loved were your interiors. That living room is to die for! All the rooms and patio are gorgeous! Your Kitchen is just beautiful. Love the blue walls with the white and the corner tables as cabinets and especially the hall table work space. Very stunning.
    @josieanglin - wonderfully functional kitchen and love the angle and the angled island counter. Very cool!
    @Valuzza90 - Very pretty country kitchen. Great clutter and wall decorations. Great working space! That stove area rocks!
    @itguyinsc - What a fantastic design. Wonderful roof, wonderful home. I really like that basement bedroom set up and I want that bathroom in my home!
    @PV13 - Wonderful home! And what a great lot for it. Love that angled area and the patio with the cut out walls. I especially love that kitchen/dining room/living room area. Gorgeous!
    @masajo wow - what a fantastic fresh look. It's so beautifully unique. Love it!! Love the outside/inside/and your landscaping is always to die for. Awesome! (killer patios too btw)
    @soulgal7 - What a fantastic first entry! Wonderful home! I love everything about it! Fantastic job!

Phew!

My house is being playtested. It flunked the toddler room test. Lets see if I can get it working right before deadline.
    AND as always, if I somehow missed you, it was totally unintentional. AND I may never go back that far to comment again..haha!

@pronterus - if I put my submission in the wrong category, I apologize. I have not done many builds, I mostly download builds. I worked 2 days on this and it took me a long time. I watched some YouTube videos from The Sim Supply to figure some things out. If the judges feel that this should go into the Established category, then please change it. Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

@SoulGal7 No need to apologize for that! It's just my opinion that your house should be a level higher. :)

@Ainsleyf Thanks for the comments :) That's a lot of tags!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

No need to apologize at all! We would agree with @pronterus though that your skill level looks appropriate for entering in the Established category. If you feel comfortable with that, you can edit your entry to change your level. Welcome to BuildnShare! We're so happy that you chose us for your first building challenge :)
    GArBA5W.jpg

No need to apologize at all! We would agree with @pronterus though that your skill level looks appropriate for entering in the Established category. If you feel comfortable with that, you can edit your entry to change your level. Welcome to BuildnShare! We're so happy that you chose us for your first building challenge :)

@BuildnShare - Thank you. I have changed it to Established. :)

• MsLeoMsLeo Posts: 29 Member
    Help...plz! How do you post pics in your submissions?
    edited April 2018
    MsLeo wrote: »
    Help...plz! How do you post pics in your submissions?

You'll need to gain Member status first to do that. Here's how: LINK
  • MsLeoMsLeo Posts: 29 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID:MsLeo
    ORIGIN ID:classic1955_leo
    LEVEL: Beginner
    LOT: Home for 4...classic1955_leo
    LOT COST:$1500
    LOT NAME: Mid-Nowhere, Windenburg
    BUILD COST:$73,05
    TOTAL COST: $74,565
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/ksfuy
    ENTRY DETAILS: *Kauffman SimRealty* Home for Sale... Cozy, fully furnished, 3 bdrm, 2 bath home. Great starter home for small family.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Gallery say it is 'modded' but it is NOT. Used MOO and [ (enlarge).
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: won't let me post
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Ebony Top
    LOT COST: §2,000
    LOT NAME: Built on Civic Cliffs
    BUILD COST: §73,000
    TOTAL COST: §75,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Pictures!
    ENTRY DETAILS: Well, the house was built with an established family in mind, and I hope you see a little of their personality and story within the walls. A family is never perfect, and this one for sure isn't. I was so excited building this for them though, and given an opportunity to clutter it up the way I like lol! Thanks for this challenge, back to basics was really cool to do. I did miss a lot of my usual furniture, but I guess that's the point of the challenge! I ended up really loving it, and will be moving one of my families into it in the future. Please tell me what you think!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC/Mods
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DZxZKzyUMAA63Rq.jpg
    DZxZQeMUQAAYfk2.jpg

Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited April 2018
    FORUM ID: abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    BUILD NAME: Classic Modern Living
    LOT NAME: 20X30 in Newcrest
    LOT COST: 2 000
    BUILD COST:72 747
    TOTAL COST: 74 747
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157667347674808
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FE749FEF367B11E88311F880C0D922AF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    ENTRY DETAILS: Classic Modern Living was inspire by a modern townhouse. Natural sunlight oozes through this home but still feels warm and inviting. This openpan spacious home lacks nothing but has room for renovations. The colors are bright and modern and will appeal to any buyer who wants a classic modern home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC Testingcheats true, MOO, showhiddenobjects and ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

8JSqv12.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on

Question:After using MOO on a build, I've heard objects can "sink"
    when uploaded from the gallery:
      *how do I test it to see if my objects stayed put?
      *Is there a way to keep them in place?
      I've just decided from now on, when I participate in Build Challenges, I only browse contest entries AFTER entering mine! I am continuously blown away by what people come up with! AMAZING!
      @SoulGal7 Man! If you're a beginner I dub thee Queen of the Noobs! Your house is so stylishly pieced together I cant stand it <3 ! :D When you got it you got it! and GiRL YOU got it!! B)

@SoulGal7 - please feel free to enter wherever you wish to, check out the levels on the front page to see where you think you belong.
      GArBA5W.jpg
      Pirate wrote: »
      Question:After using MOO on a build, I've heard objects can "sink"
      when uploaded from the gallery:
        *how do I test it to see if my objects stayed put?
        *Is there a way to keep them in place?

I remember there being problems with this early on, but I think it's been resolved with patches. Here's an EA bug report thread that seems to confirm that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Build-Objects-Shift-Position-with-MOO-On-In-Certain-Locations/td-p/4446923

Is anyone else still have problems with Gallery lots that use MOO?
        GArBA5W.jpg
      • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
        Wow - I am loving all these base game builds! So inspiring. I hope I can get my gourmet kitchen room up before the challenge ends.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
      Emoji
      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
      Drop image/file
      Return to top