Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

Comments

• Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    edited February 2018

February's Theme: Seasons of…

This theme’s inspired by one of my favorite songs, 525,600 Minutes from the musical Rent. Your story should be titled “Seasons of ___”, with the blank filled in with whatever you choose. Of course, this challenge doesn’t require the use of any expansion packs or mods that allow you to have seasons in your game—you could show time progression by having your characters get older, or however else you choose.

Special Rules: Surprise! This month, you can use 500-2000 words and 1-15 screenshots.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by 12 pm on February 28th, Central Time)
    Seasons of You and I by @Babygirl80Plyr
    Seasons of Hope by @Chands
    Seasons of Acceptance by @Charliimai
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on
  • Raven_CatRaven_Cat Posts: 74 Member
    I love that song! School's been a bit crazy, so I haven't been able to participate for a while. Hopefully I'll pull something together for February
  • megalodonsimmermegalodonsimmer Posts: 150 Member
    OMG I love Rent! I'm going to have a lot of fun with this theme, I think. :)
    FaUPP49.jpg
    EA Origin ID: megalodonlive
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Here's my January entry, which I'm quite sure is late so it'll just be for fun I guess? Silly imgur was refusing to upload my photos for hours. :(

Surprise Party

Fun February theme! I'll have to set aside some time this weekend to get a jump start on it!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    @Karilan Actually, you're not late! I'll put it in the regular category :)
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited February 2018
    Voting Is OPEN

Voting for January 2018 winners will be open from the 1st to the 7th, 12 pm Central time

Click here to vote

Rules:
    • Select your favorite story.
    • No soliciting votes.

1st place goes to the story with the most votes, 2nd place to the one with the 2nd most amount, etc, etc.

Click here to see a list of all the entries
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Time conversions:
    worldzones.gif

Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Babygirl80PlyrBabygirl80Plyr Posts: 1,493 Member
    Here's my submission for February's prompt, Seasons of You and I. You can find it over on my main blog :) It features Boris and Cicely, two berry sims from my rainbowcy, so that's why they don't look normal/correct sims lol. Thank you <3
  • ChandsChands Posts: 2,763 Member
    Hi everyone. Here is my submission for February's theme, Seasons Of Hope.

This was honestly quite an interesting theme...

Good luck to all the participants and I cant wait to read what everyone comes up with :)
    Here's January's winner. :)

Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    edited February 2018
    Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.
  • ChandsChands Posts: 2,763 Member
    edited February 2018
    Congrats @Karilan for being January's winner :)
    Post edited by Chands on
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Hi.. I decided to challenge myself and submit a story this month. It was harder that I expected I kept coming up short so had to keep re-wording until I had enough and I just about managed to hit the 500 word mark.

Here is my Entry
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

Just a reminder that you've got a little less than two hours left to submit entries. I'll get March's theme posted tomorrow morning.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Just a reminder that you've got a little less than two hours left to submit entries. I'll get March's theme posted tomorrow morning.

While this would usually be my queue to scramble to put together a story, I'm going to sit out this month. :D I have not actually seen Rent and I thought about the theme for a while but nothing jumped up at me.

Can't wait to see March's theme though!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    edited April 2018

March's Theme: True Colors

This month, choose a color and base some aspect of your story. You could bring out this color by having a sim wear it, decorating your sim’s surroundings with it, or editing your pictures in a way that brings this color out. Or, you could leave the color you chose a surprise until the end!

Special Rules: No special rules this month. The normal 500-1,000 word and 1-12 picture limits still apply.

Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by 12 pm on March 31st, Central Time)
    Pierce Delgato's Love by @TresaofPern
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on
  • MsMarvel98MsMarvel98 Posts: 34 Member
    Oh my goodness, I'm very excited for this theme! I'm sorry I've been so absent, I had no inspiration for Jan and Feb's themes - but I've been creeping around on everyone's stories :p
    @MsMarvel98 I can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Hey guys, sorry I'm so late. We just had to put our dog down...
    Voting Is OPEN

Voting for March 2018 winners will be open from the 6th to the 12th, 12 pm Central time

Click here to vote

Rules:
    • Select your three favorite stories.
    • No soliciting votes.

1st place goes to the story with the most votes, 2nd place to the one with the 2nd most amount, etc, etc.

Click here to see a list of all the entries
    Time conversions:
    worldzones.gif
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    I'm so sorry for your sad news @SilentWolf101 !! :( that's terrible. Loving wishes your way dearie
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited March 2018
    I came up with an idea for January in February, then couldn't come up with one for February. But I've a story underway now, which I was afraid wouldn't be long enough. I'm going to have to see if I can recreate a screenshot because I didn't read about the new theme until after the scene happened.

Here's the finished story: Pierce Delgato's Love
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
    @TresaofPern I'm so sorry I didn't see your story earlier!! I'll make sure it gets added onto the entry list. Also, your story link appears to not be working. This should be the correct one: Pierce Delgato's Love
    For anyone doing a last-minute submission, you have about an hour left to submit.
    And here I was thinking you were taking a break from the contest. Odd, I tested that link. Maybe I should have used a different device But thanks, @Pegasus143
    image.png
    edited May 2018
    April's Theme: A Whole New World

Aladdin has been on my mind for a short bit. In light of the movie, how about a story that will challenge perspective?

Special Rules: No special rules this month. The normal 500-1,000 word and 1-12 picture limits still apply.

Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by 12 pm on April 30st, Central Time)
    @Munterbacon with A Good Spot
    @rednenemon with Close Encounters of the Kindle Kind
    @Raven_Cat with A Glimpse
    @Pegasus143 with Broken Rings
    Voting Is CLOSED

There will not be a vote this month. @TresaofPern has won by default. Congratulations!
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Well, congrats to you, @TresaofPern :D

Also, I may sound like a massive dolt by asking this, but: what would you define 'challenging perspective'? (I ask because I don't want to get it wrong should I decide to put in an entry this month)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    Thanks for the win and the congrats. :) Though I feel kind of bad about winning by default.
    image.png