Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of sims do you create?

AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member

What kind of sims do you create? 114 votes

Myself
4%
AnthonydyerCravenLestatDarstan64SimsophoniqueJHB 5 votes
Refined/improved version of myself
7%
cwaddellSnorkelbucketMineWarssamsimsspongeblobbyHollyL73Nikkei_SimmerMonsterfighter_1 8 votes
Friends
0%
Fictitious people
63%
CK213SnazzySpike1IdontrcallEmily4331Rflong7Jessa_DakkarAnmirlapax1swJessabeansSuicidalSpidersApparentlyAwesomeElanoreAlexandriazagboorulesKaeChan2089kimieswildrosesJoAnne65PaikallinenSimplyJenScorpina2009GabbyGirlJ 72 votes
Celebrities
0%
ilikethesims30 1 vote
Other
24%
CororonMikezumiemorrillJennyggjillbgGemSixxKarritzBettyboop55bekkasanSindocatTrixieLocaimdragonitking_of_simcity7Macaire13BreazonaKay8OrangeSimtown15CharlottesmomWaterdragonBishybri 28 votes

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Myself
    I usually play as myself and my immediate family. They represent my family pretty close to the way we really are.
    I sometimes experiment with extended family, friends, and fictitious people.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2018
    Myself
    @Anthonydyer Same :p play as my SS too but sometimes do stuff in game I would never do in RL.Which is why I play myself can let out frustration on tiny fake people who DESERVE MY WRATH FROM THE REAL WORLD >:)
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Other
    After one venture with a modified ss that led to some slightly disturbing insights about myself, I've stayed away from anyone I know. I just make whatever sim suits the story I have in my head for the game I want to play. That way, I don't have to account for what a preexisting person or character would do in a given situation. Ostensibly, I'm avoiding any unhealthy manipulation of people whose outcomes I either have no say over or shouldn't care about, but it's really about my own inner control freak shoving aside any conflict with a potential desire to maintain an honest recreation of someone else. My sims are entirely my own creations, so they'll end up doing whatever I have in mind for them.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2018
    Fictitious people
    I don't create sims too much because I'm not very good at it. :p Lots of randomizing and tweaking until I feel satisfied with the results.

It's cool seeing others play their simself or share their simself with others to explore with but I don't. I just stick her somewhere in the world so that my sims might run into her along the way. NRaas: Story Progression let's me know what she's up to.
    SS having a conversation with one of my old sims from the Melias family. Loved the face she made to the camera as if she knew. :D
    tumblr_o59vcbJSvg1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_o59vcbJSvg1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Fictitious people
    Mostly fictitious.... but my current Sim is sort of an improved/alternate version of myself.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited April 2018
    Other
    I have two versions of my simself - my elder SS represents me now and was made first but I made an adult version for a save recently. My adult SS is in my profile pic and my elder SS can be seen in my siggie. My elder SS is usually just placed in my towns and watched from a distance but on occasion she is added to the active household as live-in nanny.
    I have also made several sims based on celebrities and they either get played or placed in my towns when I am populating new saves.
    I also have several that are just sims I made when I wanted "new blood" for my towns.

@SimplyJen I love the look of your SS! :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Fictitious people
    I make a lot of different kinds of households including my social worker households to move into my games as I usually play in empty custom worlds and have to populate the town myself which is a slow process as I don't cram them in and start playing.I have moved one family in and it might take a few years after that before any others arrive and move in.I also play the entire town and use playable social workers as the non-playable ones are Modded out of my game so they can't cause any more corrupted saves.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited April 2018
    Mostly I make fictitious people but my main sim is usually a younger, improved version of myself although I have played main sims not based on me.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Other
    I have the good and evil versions of my SS, the good one is pretty evil too though, the evil one is now a ghost that I never play. I mostly just make up who I find appealing, though I have waded in the celebrity Sim making pool, did Usher and Jeff Goldblum. I’m currently mostly using EA created Sims though.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Other
    I've made my selfsim once, long ago, and I play her and her sim family. Children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Most of the sims are born in the game. When I create sims these days it's mostly so there's new blood in the world, and I play around in CAS and the new sims aren't based on real people.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Fictitious people
    Mostly fictitious characters.
    One my first created sims was myself - it wasn't similar enough, and the interactions with other sims was either uncomfortable or boring. So I usually don't play anymore with this sim (I have myself in real life, that's enough :wink: )
    Other Sims I've created are related to me in some way, each created character comes from an inner place- so one of my sims is like the ultimate/perfect girl (like who would want to be, ideally) as far as traits/looks, and other sim is rebellious woman will do things I will never do. So these are two versions of my alter ego, from both ends. Other sim is a realistic version of my dream guy (meaning that he's not perfect but he's cute), and his brother is actually the perfect guy (meaning that the latter is more popular among the sims-as far as the story). Other sims I created were totally from imagination and were created during the game, based on how the story evolved.
    I played a bit with the creation of celebrities/their characters. Some of them were downloaded but I did some fine-tuning (Johny Depp, Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, Danny Sorenson from NYPD, Elliot Stabler from Law & Order- SVU, Sylar from Heroes), also did couple of local celebrities, but eventually I didn't really play with anyone of them. I might do some police story save in the future and then use some of them.
    Also, one time I edited some townie from Twinbrook and he turned out to be similar to my friend. :grimace:
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Other

I have made a SS and she is in play in one story, but, I make most of my own sims, or steal borrow from my simming friends. I recently started doing makeovers of EA sims and making them mine in that they become characters in my storyline.

I said other because a lot of my sims are supernaturals and didn't seem to go with the other choices.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Other
    I just hit the random button a bunch of times and then slightly modify the traits, hairstyle, and outfits. Then, I pick a LTW, randomize the name a few times, and I’m done!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Fictitious people
    Yep, I still play :) and I prefer to make fictional character (so I don't have to stress on accuracy of an actual person).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    Myself
    I am a simself player then I add a hundred of fictional characters (if we can call them fictional lol) I myself made or makeover of existing sims.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Fictitious people
    Gothic dark or punk I play all female Sims can't stand the male voice and some of the words and phrases they use sounds so stupid IMHO
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Myself
    Loucifer wrote: »
    Gothic dark or punk I play all female Sims can't stand the male voice and some of the words and phrases they use sounds so stupid IMHO

@Loucifer : I always play with the sound turn off that's better.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Fictitious people

@Loucifer : I always play with the sound turn off that's better.

@Simsophonique nice idea but for me gets too boring kinda like the other sounds :smiley:
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Fictitious people
    I mainly just make sims that aren't based off of anyone. They're just my creations. Though I have made some celebrity sims and an SS before, I wouldn't consider those the main sims I make. My original sims greatly outnumber them, anyway. :lol:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Fictitious people
    Random, Fictitious Sims.
  • KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member
    Fictitious people
    I usually create random Sims, based on maybe a theme or characteristic I want to go for... I did create my Sim self but have since lost her as I never uploaded her and swapped computers, and she was never in a save when I transferred my saves across. I also like to create my OC characters, though it's about time I make updated versions of them... I've also made some of my real life pets using Cats and Dogs, and a family with one of my friends and her 'fake husband' in (a character I drew her years ago and we joked about her marrying him XD)
    Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Other
    I love creating! But even more so I like some of the premades with interesting faces - and with interesting I mean the not beautiful ones! :D I have never played with my simself, I think I'm so busy with real life, I just need to do something totally different when it comes to my spare time! :s And I just couldn't watch my simself die...
    @Loucifer That's why I play with the sound off and my ipod on... :p

NymlADp.jpg
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    Other
    fantasy, it's all about fantasy for me & sci-fi & just different :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    Fictitious people
    Ficticious, trying to vary both appearance and character. But always based on my imagination (and sometimes a vague attempt to use features of celebrities as a starting point). I once made my simself (for reasons outside my game) and made the mistake to put her into my game with sims from my family. Never ever have I closed a game again so soon :D For me it really felt uncomfortable.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    This most definitely is NOT me, unless I spent every waking hour in the gym, lifting. Then when would I have time for Sims 3? :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~