Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    @MischiefTheKitten aww I am sorry to hear you don't have time for your sims stories. I know you have been super busy IRL though. Good luck with all these new adventures. If you do ever get back to playing I'll hope for updates, no matter how far apart they are :-)

@Piazzagirl1015 I'm glad you're enjoying the pets expansion so much. The animals are SOO cute! I look fwd to an update

Good luck on the job, I hope you get it!

@jazen I just downloaded your new book. Now I have something to read on our long flight to FL coming up.

ALL-

I know it has been super quiet here. Real life has kept us all busy. I know I have had very little play time myself. I started taking classes again and we're preparing for our son's Make-A-Wish trip. He chose Disney World! We are super excited! I have been craving sims 3 lately but every time I sit down and load it 10 things need my attn RIGHT NOW.

I hope you all have a lovely holiday season, I miss you guys <3
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    emotions-2975396_1920.jpg

Man...this year I'm gonna be back to play more and chat with you ladies. I've missed you!!!

@Vuneca hope you have a safe flight! How exciting for the Make-A-Wish trip! I hope he has a blast.
    You are looking good (I see you on instagram) I need to get on your level of fitness and determination. Seriously woman, you're killing it! Thank you for buying the book. I hope you enjoy it! I understand the game thing. Yesterday was the first time I loaded my game I think in a year. :( I missed it, and I've missed all of you guys. I need to strike a better balance with getting my book stuff done, and playing my game. These stories are fun for me, but also important as I want to see them through. Updates will be slower, but there will be updates.

@Piazzagirl1015 You are making me want pets, that's for sure. I need to go and updated my game and see what the updates broke. Hopefully the CC won't be too affected, but it's EA, so who knows.

To kick off the year, I finally got shots done for the chapter that's been written for far longer than I care to admit. I have others waiting as well. My goal is to use the weekends (at the very least) for all things sims.

It's long overdue, but enjoy the update.
    38551606615_5503a17534_c.jpg

Matthew: Chapter 27
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

edited January 2018
    @jazen thanks for the encouragement! it keeps me sane. I have your updated open and waiting

I have had a ROUGH few weeks and decided today was going to be a stuff my face with junk food and play games kind of day..

So I loaded a random family in TS3...he wants to be a master thief. As he;s getting arrested he suddenly has his birthday and the cop lets him get away. He was in the squad car on the way to jail even!

He has other problems than sticky fingers though. If ever he's on his own, he whips out his laptop for "random cy.ber woohoo"... every time. My sim is addicted to po.rn! TS3 will never cease to amaze me
    @Vuneca Stay strong!!! I see your posting on Instagram more than Facebook. I hope he's doing better! He's a fighter, I can tell but still sending get well vibes his way!!!!

I posted this chapter about 2 weeks ago on my blog, but never updated here.

39148547605_c52e481690_c.jpg

As Life Goes: Gen. 5-Matthew Solo Chapter 28

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Vuneca I have seen your updates on facebook and I can understand you needing a break at times. We are sending prayers to you and your family at all times.

OMG that is so funny. He was saved by the birthday! Mac from the baby challenge is in that career and has been arrested often. Sadly he won't be having any birthdays to save him.

@Jazen I loved both your updates and I'm halfway through with Not Broken. I'm really enjoying the book and things are starting to look better for Matt.

Let me just give everyone the status of my games. I'm working in the main file than I plan to take some pictures for the next update. I'm not going to say when because things usually do not happen according to plan for me.

For Bae-in the main file (just game play no story telling in that save) he has 5 of the 8 islands he needs for his ltw. I sent him to University and he will be graduating in game. When he gets back home I'm going to make a picture file than finish his ltw and bring in the next generation.

For Katherine and Jeremy-They have twins now. A boy named Julian who will be the heir and a girl named Penelope but she will be called Penny for short. I plan on getting back to their story after I post an update on Bae.

For Alexis-I haven't been playing my Iron Woman too much because I'm waiting for Grandchildren to be born so the game has become a bit boring. I was thinking of buying a retail business or opening a vet clinic just to make it more interesting while I wait. Anyways @Vihisha (Drifter Challenge Creator) renovated Alexis house for me and she made a speed build video on you tube. She did a great job on her house.
    @Vuneca @Jazen @MischiefTheKitten @Shafer249 @carlimact @ELIROC @NewToTheSims Just to let you guys now I was nominated for another one of those blogger awards and I all nominated all of your blogs as well. Please do not feel obligated to post anything as I know all of you are extremely busy with real life and some that I mentioned hasn't been here for a while. I just want to remind you how much I appreciate your stories and most of all your friendship.

Also there is a new update from Race on the way, I'm just taking pictures. Here is a preview of Bae on his way to university:

UiDvfl.jpg

Wolfie made him a classic rock mix for the road trip so picture that with this song playing.

• MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited March 2018

(For some reason, the forums are censoring my Sim's name...no idea why, it's nothing offensive as far as I can tell).

Well I tried several times to do this in TS3 and something always went wrong with my game so I decided to do it in TS4 instead. Here's my first gen soloer, 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I randomly rolled her career and aspiration, she's an Art Critic and her aspiration is Party Animal.
    jVc01ql.jpg

Originally she had a crush on a nerdy librarian named Genji, but once she started flirting with him he got really clingy and it turned her off. Then she happened upon this fine young man in the city...
    K5WxdNs.jpg
    "This guy can cling to any part of me he wants."

The chemistry was instant, and Joaquin is now her boyfriend/future baby daddy.

UPDATE: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and Joaquin now have a daughter. Her name is Elena. She got a lot of her looks from Joaquin in my opinion.
    0zJMJyu.png

I think I made a mistake picking Party Animal...parties cost money and the critic career doesn't pay that great. May have to do that one over with a future gen.
    Post edited by MocaJava on
    @MocaJava Sorry to hear TS3 wasn't cooperating with you good start though! Is her name really Plum or is that the forum editing it?
    Vuneca wrote: »
    @MocaJava Sorry to hear TS3 wasn't cooperating with you good start though! Is her name really Plum or is that the forum editing it?

They're censoring it for some reason...it's not a bad word as far as I know, unless it is in a foreign language? The game randomly generated it so you would think it'd be ok.
    @MocaJava Welcome back and I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with Sims 3. As much as I love Sims 3 it gives us so much trouble. I lost count of the number of times I had to rebuild a save file. The profanity filter in the forums must be broken too as words you would never believe would be filtered are. I'm sure your sim has a perfectly fine name. Elena is beautiful and I wish you luck with your new GS challenge.
    @MocaJava Welcome back and I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with Sims 3. As much as I love Sims 3 it gives us so much trouble. I lost count of the number of times I had to rebuild a save file. The profanity filter in the forums must be broken too as words you would never believe would be filtered are. I'm sure your sim has a perfectly fine name. Elena is beautiful and I wish you luck with your new GS challenge.

Thanks a lot! I do love Sims 3 but man is it frustrating sometimes.
    Elena is now a teenager
    9mXm5sL.png

I have a mod that automatically assigns traits and aspirations to your sims as they age up, and the mod chose Vampire Family...so Elena is going to become a vampire! Should be interesting.
    @MocaJava I like that hair style! I never played with any of the vamp stuff except the first day I had it. I keep meaning to go back and try the aspirations. Good luck!
    04-07-18_2-24-16%25C2%25A0PM.png
    04-07-18_2-23-50%25C2%25A0PM.png
    04-07-18_3-19-45%25C2%25A0PM.png
    04-08-18_1-48-33%25C2%25A0PM.png
    On a whim I decided to start a TS4 GS. She's an artist in an adorable little house. She's already reached the top of her asp and only needs 2 more promotions to reach he top of her career so I decided to get her knocked up by the first single sims she met...She had TRIPLETS!! I purposely did NOT get the fertility reward or try to encourage it in any way! My very first set of triplets...in my Going SOLO game >_<
    @Vuneca She is cute and OMG triplets on the first time! Your first going solo you had twins on the first shot too. Looking forward to seeing more of her.
    @Piazzagirl1015 thanks! She makes really cute kids too!

These triplets are a handful! plus she had to break up with the dad because every time he came over he'd destroy the doll house. It was annoying! They are now kids in game and I am having a terrible time decided which will be the heir.

Also I had to add onto the house, which made me sad because it was perfect the way it was, but they needed more room.
    04-08-18_2-48-08%25C2%25A0PM.png
    04-08-18_4-30-27%25C2%25A0PM.png

Jazmin, the mom, has 2 more promotions to go before she's all done so I really need to choose and heir
    The next aspiration/career will be Best Selling Author (picked randomly)

Here is Mariah
    04-09-18_7-19-47%25C2%25A0PM.png

Kirstin
    04-09-18_7-20-26%25C2%25A0PM.png

and Kaci
    04-09-18_7-20-36%25C2%25A0PM.png

All 3 have completed the artistic prodigy asp and have moved on the the motor skill one
    Si I had hired a nanny to help with the triplets because Jazmin was having a heck of a time getting sleep. They aged up to kids and I didn't need the nanny anymore but every time I fired him a new one would show up. I vented on twitter about it and EA Help responded and chatted with me until I got it fixed. Totally unexpected and def a pleasant surprise!
    @Everyone I will have an update tomorrow but I posted a special for Earth Day. Its just a picture (that took me the whole day to pose) and some quotes. With the main theme of my story I figured this would be nice to do:

ger6dQ.jpg

The final edit took longer than I expected but I finally finished this update. The next one won't take so long (I hope) as it just needs pictures.

UiDvfl.jpg

@Piazzagirl1015 I finally got caught up on 2 of your stories and I am eager for more! I know our thread has really slowed down and that makes me sad but I've noticed the forums in general have been slow the last couple of months.

All

I hope you are all doing well! I know RL has been busy for us all but if anyone has anything exciting going on I'd love to hear about it :)
    edited May 2018
    @Vuneca I know that it is sad that we have become so quiet and lost a few members. I do have to admit I joined a reading circle here because I wanted a little more activity in the forums right now. I'm still unemployed so I have time on my hands but I'm still here and my story is very active. Generation 8 has already been born in the main file I just have to get the story to match where I am in game. Katherine's story is advancing too, her heir is born and all I need is pictures to be taken to publish that update. @Jazen told me in an email that she will return to Matt's story but right now she is busy with her new book which is very exciting. We still have core members here which is really awesome especially after all this time. I also love the fact that will all have facebook and twitter to keep updated too. That means the friendships we formed here go beyond the sims :)

As for real life I'm still waiting on the jobs I took the test for and I am taking a medical billing class starting on May 23rd. Other than that nothing else.

I would also like to wish both of you a very Happy Mother's Day!
    I1hC4Y.jpg
    edited May 2018
    Hey ladies! Yes things have been slow. Yes @Vuneca as @Piazzagirl1015 said I had been spending more time focusing on my writing for books, but I've missed the game and my family so I'm making it a point to get back to playing sometimes and giving myself some much needed breaks.

I hope you both had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Nothing exciting really going on for me. I'll be teaching The Boy to drive this summer. That's a scary thought. I have a few trips planned to visit a friend that just had a baby and also going to a writer's conference. Other than that, it's same old day to day.

As part of my break, I did sort through Anahi shots that were taken like back in 2016 :# I have like 9 more folders so my goal is to update her at least once a week, maybe more, we'll see.

For now enjoy
    11-27-16_12-38-21%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top