Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match/EA Match Hair for Sims 3?

There seems to be an abundance of nice Maxis-match content for Sims 2 & Sims 4, but finding any for Sims 3 is pretty difficult from my experience. I hate the way most CC hair for Sims 3 looks in game, and how there's always something off with it (weird hairlines, floating off the sim's body, overly glossy/metal-like textures, generally looking out of place, etc). Even a lot of maxis-match retextures of alpha hair in Sims 3 still bother me. Is there anyone here who has had luck finding Maxis Match hairs for Sims 3? Or is it just not done?
ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    Why not just use EA hair,clipping etc is not an issue with it and even with poses.Kinda meant to flow with the game.Store has great hairs so does expansions.

EA Hair flowing naturally

Il88Oty.png

And another different one

uJaIeS2.png

Another

9j0s2Hs.png

Another

iUtx9qw.png

Etc

Cjs9UD2.png

Used a Supernatural Exp hair for this/Fast Lane SP outfit and I think shoes are Showtime

avDt3Fg.png

Etc

y4mO6Av.png

bQaLTV3.png

Instead of a Maxis match try to find a love for the Maxis,no clipping issues here,not playdough-ish,no fake shooting from the sim.Was made for the game

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    Why not just use EA hair,clipping etc is not an issue with it and even with poses.Kinda meant to flow with the game.Store has great hairs so does expansions.

EA Hair flowing naturally

Il88Oty.png

And another different one

uJaIeS2.png

Another

9j0s2Hs.png

Another

iUtx9qw.png

Etc

Cjs9UD2.png

Used a Supernatural Exp hair for this/Fast Lane SP outfit and I think shoes are Showtime

avDt3Fg.png

Etc

y4mO6Av.png

bQaLTV3.png

Instead of a Maxis match try to find a love for the Maxis,no clipping issues here,not playdough-ish,no fake shooting from the sim.Was made for the game

Thank you, however, this is not relevant to what I'm asking. While I do like a lot of the hair from EPs and the Store, the game tends to get stale only having the same few hairs to choose from.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    My badd,Was trying to be relevant,all the gripes you mentioned are not an issue with the thing you are trying to match.

"weird hairlines, floating off the sim's body, overly glossy/metal-like textures, generally looking out of place, etc"

Just saying try doing photoshoots with the hairs included with expansions any store you own and they may grow on you.Some simmers are even now finding and saying they really like EA clothes after ignoring it after years playing.Worth a shot :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Nikoa wrote: »
    There seems to be an abundance of nice Maxis-match content for Sims 2 & Sims 4, but finding any for Sims 3 is pretty difficult from my experience. I hate the way most CC hair for Sims 3 looks in game, and how there's always something off with it (weird hairlines, floating off the sim's body, overly glossy/metal-like textures, generally looking out of place, etc). Even a lot of maxis-match retextures of alpha hair in Sims 3 still bother me. Is there anyone here who has had luck finding Maxis Match hairs for Sims 3? Or is it just not done?
    Couldn’t agree with you more and like you I’d love more choice. This is one of the few that meet my requirements.

shayne2a_orig.png

Though also here I’m not fully content with the hairline. Thanks for starting this topic, any tip you’ll get I’m going to check out ;)
    (I also have some nice female hairstyles by the way, I’ll add them later if others haven’t already; I need to be on my pc for that)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    There is a lot of hair in this link.

I've downloaded a few and find them to be excellent. But it is easy to skip any you don't like as there are over 200 hairs listed. All ages and M and F are represented somewhere in it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qBa59yKIUPuzGJS8KJ7s7IHLxaOZkNChK_pK4PLUI3o/edit#gid=0

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    If you're happy with EA hairs I suggest you look at Buckley's Disentangled Hairs - Nikkei_Simmer linked them. There are a lot of store hairs that I find unusable because of the accessories but Buckley has removed them and it has opened up a whole lot of hairs I once would never use.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    If you're happy with EA hairs I suggest you look at Buckley's Disentangled Hairs - Nikkei_Simmer linked them. There are a lot of store hairs that I find unusable because of the accessories but Buckley has removed them and it has opened up a whole lot of hairs I once would never use.

@Mikezumi , Those are the ones I would love to start with if I ever get into CC, there are a few EA hairs I would really like if they didn’t have some huge flower or gaudy accessory attached. I should just jump into mens CC hair, I’m sick of my limited choices for my guys!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yes, those are the ones I was referring to! They look great in the game and are completely matching.

@Mikezumi , Those are the ones I would love to start with if I ever get into CC, there are a few EA hairs I would really like if they didn’t have some huge flower or gaudy accessory attached. I should just jump into mens CC hair, I’m sick of my limited choices for my guys!
    I have some of those too. Copied EA hairstyles but without the accessories.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    edited March 2018

That's how I started. It's a slippery slope. But lots of fun. These Buckley hairs were one of the first CC items I got. But I think they are mostly women's hairs. The best single link I've found so far for good men's hair is the one I linked above. They include hairs from numerous different makers. It's just a long list - spreadsheet style and very easy to follow.
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I would recommend Beaverhausen , they have options for EA or Adjust Shine in all their hairs. I
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited April 2018
    There are some EA hairs that I like the style but the texture looks nothing like real hair, or else they were poorly done and look more like an ill-fitting wig than real hair. That is the reason I've just started looking for better choices elsewhere.
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    There are some EA hairs that I like the style but the texture looks nothing like real hair, or else they were poorly done and look more like an ill-fitting wig than real hair. That is the reason I've just started looking for better choices elsewhere.
    For me it’s often CC hair that gives the ill-fitting wig association. Never EA hair. Which is why I want Maxis match only.
    5JZ57S6.png