March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are the ways that retail worlds like Dragon Valley or Hidden Springs can be obtained?

PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
This is a very insignificant thing. I already own both worlds; however, I cannot for the life of me remember how I obtained them!

If I remember correctly, they can't be gifted, right? And even if they could, there would be a message of 'Gifted Item from Personsname.' It doesn't though. They say Free, even though I know they aren't free. That is just what retail worlds say when you register them. I don't recall buying them though! It can't be from Make Me an Offer either, right?

Like, I just don't understand how I obtained these items! Lol! I have checked my Origin order history and my Sims3.com order history, but I didn't see anything from there. The only other place I would have bought them from is Amazon, but that isn't where I got them from, I know that.

I found something where they gave away Barnacle Bay for free for people who pre-ordered Isla Paradiso if they reached their pre-order goal. Was there something like that for those worlds as well? They are marked with the same date, so I got them at the same time. I just don't remember how I obtained them! Lol! If anyone knows of some other way to get these items, please share. Maybe something strike my memory.

ETA: I would like to say that I definitely obtained these worlds LEGALLY because they are most definitely in my purchase history. I just have a terrible memory. Lol!

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Dragon Valley can't be gifted, I believe it has to be purchased with actual money. I believe Hidden Springs can be, though. If you look through your purchase history, it should say if that item was gifted or not. If it wasn't, then you may have bought it through MMAO or just with simpoints.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I bought Hidden Springs bundled with Monte Vista as new discs. I see it's also available as a world bundle on origin.
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    Dragon Valley can't be gifted, I believe it has to be purchased with actual money. I believe Hidden Springs can be, though. If you look through your purchase history, it should say if that item was gifted or not. If it wasn't, then you may have bought it through MMAO or just with simpoints.

I just don't remember purchasing them, and I can't find any receipt for them. Lol! I most likely bought them on sale or something. I just can't figure it out. Something so insignificant shouldn't bother me so much, but for some reason, it is!
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    I bought Hidden Springs bundled with Monte Vista as new discs. I see it's also available as a world bundle on origin.

I got Monte Vista looooong before Hidden Springs, so it wasn't that. Origin isn't showing that I own them, so I don't think I bought them on Origin.