Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW: WIP Help needed

Hey everyone, long story short I decided to give CAW another try. I have been through all the tutorials and posts. Unfortunately I have version 1.69 so a lot of it is no longer relevant and I can't downgrade to 1.67 because all my games are e-copies. Currently I am trying to see if I can change default "new lot settings". Specifically when a new lot is added or a community is changed to a housing I want to change the mailbox and trashcan that are default to one from another world. I know of a way to do this in game, but are there any settings in CAW that will distribute this rule across the whole world?

Thanks

Comments

• ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited March 2018
    No, I don't believe there is an option like this in CAW. If you want to change mailboxes, you have to go into Edit in Game, enter each lot and change the mailbox to whichever one you want in Buy Mode (and buydebug mode, if necessary).
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited March 2018
    That option is unavailable in CAW which is why I place lots in a save game after the world is done in CAW as is the case with Logan which is without lots on starting a new game though lots can be placed in edit town in a save file in custom worlds most of the time.Many great worlds have no lots or have empty lots to build on and those work great.
    The only way around your issue would be to release a world that's blank without lots and place them in a save file.I'd warn others that the save might need certain EP's,SP's and Store Content to work though the world can be made to work with only the base game.Others have made populted saves to use with their worlds when they could't get it pre-populated for those who want populated towns.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg