Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Ethroptur wrote: »
    I have recently been given a digital copy of The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, yet in my attempts to transfer all of my save files to the Ultimate Collection via copy/paste, I have encountered an error. For some reason, the Ultimate Collection refuses to recognise my transferred custom neighbourhoods. This is made even more bizarre by the fact that the game recognises my CC perfectly fine (the "running-with-scissors" scissors).

I've already tried repairing my copy of the game via Origin, but to no luck. Does anyone have a workaround for this issue? Before downloading the Ultimate Collection, I was using the store edition of TS2. Thanks.

Did you have all packs before? Did you place the neighborhood folders into the game folder before the game updated?

I think the problem might be due to the game being updated, but the neighborhood files not having the same data in them.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    @Ethroptur wrote: »
    I have recently been given a digital copy of The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, yet in my attempts to transfer all of my save files to the Ultimate Collection via copy/paste, I have encountered an error. For some reason, the Ultimate Collection refuses to recognise my transferred custom neighbourhoods. This is made even more bizarre by the fact that the game recognises my CC perfectly fine (the "running-with-scissors" scissors).

I've already tried repairing my copy of the game via Origin, but to no luck. Does anyone have a workaround for this issue? Before downloading the Ultimate Collection, I was using the store edition of TS2. Thanks.

Hi, :mrgreen:
    How did you transfer the files? Did you paste over the originals? -What were the neighborhood numbers?
    Where did you put them- location address.
    Did you let the game generate all the files first? :)
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    > @Rflong7 said:
    >
    > Hi, :mrgreen:
    > How did you transfer the files? Did you paste over the originals? -What were the neighborhood numbers?
    > Where did you put them- location address.
    > Did you let the game generate all the files first? :)

The location address is C:\Users\andyb\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Before I was given the Ultimate Collection I had all of the EPs, and two of the SPs (Mansion & Garden Stuff & Holiday Stuff).

I moved the files into a backup folder before uninstalling the physical version of the game, then I installed the Ultimate Collection. I let the game generate all the files first. I then deleted the original neighbourhoods file, along with SC4terrain & storytelling files from the aforementioned address and copy-pasted the corresponding files from the backup into the Ultimate Collection documents folder.

Thank you in advance.
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > @Ethroptur wrote: »
    >
    > I have recently been given a digital copy of The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, yet in my attempts to transfer all of my save files to the Ultimate Collection via copy/paste, I have encountered an error. For some reason, the Ultimate Collection refuses to recognise my transferred custom neighbourhoods. This is made even more bizarre by the fact that the game recognises my CC perfectly fine (the "running-with-scissors" scissors).
    >
    > I've already tried repairing my copy of the game via Origin, but to no luck. Does anyone have a workaround for this issue? Before downloading the Ultimate Collection, I was using the store edition of TS2. Thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi, :mrgreen:
    > How did you transfer the files? Did you paste over the originals? -What were the neighborhood numbers?
    > Where did you put them- location address.
    > Did you let the game generate all the files first? :)

Apologies for double-posting. I made an error with the quotations.

The location address is C:\Users\andyb\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Before I was given the Ultimate Collection I had all of the EPs, and two of the SPs (Mansion & Garden Stuff & Holiday Stuff).

I moved the files into a backup folder before uninstalling the physical version of the game, then I installed the Ultimate Collection. I let the game generate all the files first. I then deleted the original neighbourhoods file, along with SC4terrain & storytelling files from the aforementioned address and copy-pasted the corresponding files from the backup into the Ultimate Collection documents folder.

Thank you in advance.
    edited March 2018
    Instead of deleting the whole folder- neighborhoods- let it generate the folder and then just move the neighborhood folders you want: N00#. - is what I do and I didn't have a problem. Not that I know if it's better or not. Just a suggestion to try.

You still have your old neighborhoods files backed up, then delete the whole folder (Neighborhoods) again to let the game generate it again- this time move your specific neighborhood folders into the new one- delete any old N00# and don't paste over them. Maybe.

Good luck.
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Instead of deleting the whole folder- neighborhoods- let it generate the folder and then just move the neighborhood folders you want: N00#. - is what I do and I didn't have a problem. Not that I know if it's better or not. Just a suggestion to try.
    >
    > You still have your old neighborhoods files backed up, then delete the whole folder (Neighborhoods) again to let the game generate it again- this time move your specific neighborhood folders into the new one- delete any old N00# and don't paste over them. Maybe.
    >
    > Good luck.

I've just attempted such a thing, but it was no luck.
    Did you update the game before or after you put the neighborhood files in the game folder?
    You let it regenerate the whole thing? Sorry... :(
    I actually didn't have a problem moving my old files into the new game files so I'm no help. I just thought the new NeighborhoodManage.package file would fix it. :(
    > @Mstybl95 said:
    > Did you update the game before or after you put the neighborhood files in the game folder?

I did update the game, but as soon as I did all of the neighbourhoods, including the pre-made neighobourhoods, have disappeared. The files are still in the Neighborhoods folder, but the game refuses to acknowledge their existence.
    Are they the original game neighborhoods or custom neighborhoods?

Is the game generating the originals? Can you tell me the names of the neighborhoods? Do the files inside the neighborhood folder match the name of the folder? For example if the folder is named N001, then all the files inside should also be named N001_xxx.
    > @Mstybl95 said:
    > Are they the original game neighborhoods or custom neighborhoods?
    >
    > Is the game generating the originals? Can you tell me the names of the neighborhoods? Do the files inside the neighborhood folder match the name of the folder? For example if the folder is named N001, then all the files inside should also be named N001_xxx.

Both the original neighbourhoods and my custom neighbourhoods are failing to appear. The names of the neighbourhoods are as follows.
    E001
    F001
    G001
    N001
    N002
    N003
    N004
    N005
    N006
    N007
    Ok...troubleshooting might be lengthy, but let's start from the top.

Please move your neighborhoods to the desktop. Then delete the neighborhood folder. Run the game and go into one of the neighborhoods. Go into a lot and save the game. Exit the game. Report back if you are able to do this successfully.
    I believe I may have identified the issue. According to a webpage on SimsNetwork, the store edition of TS2 contains some data files that are absent from the Ultimate Collection. Subsequently, neighbourhoods from one will be incompatible with the other unless one transfers some of the game files from the store edition files to the Ultimate Collection folder. I don't have my physical copy of the store edition with me right now, though I will do in a few days time. I will report back when I have tried this.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Ethroptur wrote: »

Hey, are you transferring the whole neighborhood? Because you can only have one (at a time) versions of the same neighborhood number. IIrc, if you have neighborhoods that were N001, n002, etc, it's possible that you won't be able to add them unless you delete or remove the game-generated N001 (Pleasantview) and N002 (Veronaville) first. Old save files won't just overwrite them properly, last I checked.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Has anyone used MeetMe2theRiver's shopping districts with Ultimate Collection? Is there a certain way to install them without deleting the neighborhoods that came with your game? I just downloaded the new mod, but I'm afraid to install it because everything is working properly the way it is.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
    Has anyone used MeetMe2theRiver's shopping districts with Ultimate Collection? Is there a certain way to install them without deleting the neighborhoods that came with your game? I just downloaded the new mod, but I'm afraid to install it because everything is working properly the way it is.

MeetMe's Bluewater should replace your Bluewater. I am not 100% on what it would mean if you had already added bluewater to a neighborhood, but based on what I know of templates it shouldn't change a bluewater you already added, because the template only stores a neighborhood at the state it is in at the start of play. (For example, if you replace the pleasantview template and swap between a vanilla N001 that you were previously playing, and a game started with the new template, Original Pleasantview should not be altered. Nor should any custom neighborhood you made that was assigned N001. You just can't have them in your neighborhoods folder at the same time.)

That said, I recommend backing up your game to an outside location, then taking careful note of which files you'd have to delete to remove the custom shopping districts, and playing a throwaway test neighborhood. Once satisfied, you can put your real neighborhoods back in, or remove the custom districts and replace them with the original. (Save the originals. Just change the name to something like ShoppingDistrict1_backup so the game can't read them.)
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2018

I have used MeetMe2theRiver's shopping districts (the clean version of Bluewater and the other neighbourhood, if that's what you're asking for) with Ultimate Collection to (successfully) create an uberhood (and to replace the original bluewater ). But i'm afraid that i don't understand your question. What new mod are you talking about ?
    Edit: Typo
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member

I have used MeetMe2theRiver's shopping districts (the clean version of Bluewater and the other neighbourhood, if that's what you're asking for) with Ultimate Collection to (successfully) create an uberhood (and to replace the original bluewater ). But i'm afraid that i don't understand your question. What new mod are you talking about ?

Mod = MeetMe2theRiver's neighborhoods

I've used them before I installed Ultimate Collection, but I'm concerned about replacing what I already have.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    Loving that there’s still huge support for sims 2
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

Mod = MeetMe2theRiver's neighborhoods

I've used them before I installed Ultimate Collection, but I'm concerned about replacing what I already have.

I didn't understand, i thought you were talking about a mod like better camera mod or else :D
    Don't worry it won't touch anything you already made, and it's perfectly compatible with the ultimate collection :)
  • JoeyslangJoeyslang Posts: 8 New Member
    I love the Sims 2. Runs a bit slow on the bigger lots tho.
  • EmilytheSimmer18EmilytheSimmer18 Posts: 8 New Member
    My game still got object errors when I create a sim.
    My game still got object errors when I create a sim.

Does CAS crash when it does this?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Loving that there’s still huge support for sims 2

The sims 2 is worth supporting.
    I appreciate how much they thought went into the whole experience.

Reacting is better
    Life stages are better
    Jobs are better
    So much was put into each expansion.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    I’m back my friends with more great news: I have the pink flashing issue every now and again. How do I solve it.