Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody still play The Sims 3?

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Ermac910 wrote: »
    I love the Sims 3 and still try to go back to it a lot! However, I can't because even though I have a new gaming computer that runs games very well, it still runs the Sims 3 very poorly :(

That is so weird, I have a gaming PC (although mine is a very high end one) and it runs great with all expansions installed and most store content PLUS mods. Try Nraas mods if you haven't already as they really do help the game to run smoother especially Errortrap.
    edited March 2018
    thevogel wrote: »
    I also find that one of the reasons why I have stuck with TS3 for all these years (not just because TS4 was such a bad experience) but the community here on the forum for TS3 is by far the kindest, most helpful and fun group of people.

You will not find this in the TS4 forums. There seems to be a almost Militant approach going on there. Sometimes I think, maybe there was a packet of cool aide sent out with the game and somehow they didn't include it when i bought my copy. I've never experience the amount of attacking, labeling, and just hatred from so many people about a game.

There are people who create topics because they are not experiencing a good time with that game, and they want to talk about it with people who might be going through the same thing. but these poor peeps can't even get the conversations started before someone comes along and hijacks the topic and starts calling everyone "haters". We don't get that here on the TS3 forum....well not often. At least not that I've seen.

I'm not sure which EP will make or break the current TS4 community....but I know the current EP is causing quite a stir.

I'm just going to stick with TS3. I am happy with everything it offers. And maybe someday, another company will take it on and give us a re-boot with everything TS2 and TS3 has to offer, and we will finally get an updated version of our beloved game we always wanted.

So thank you TS3 community. I'm going head into the game and start playing.

Yes!! Why is this? It is so so so so toxic over there. It just angers me sometimes. Its always the same group of people too and they excuse EVERYTHING and chastise everyone who speaks out, even if its a bug. It got so bad that not long ago on another site people were saying they were convinced these people had to be EA employees because it was that unbelievable how they were acting. I never come on the forums really anymore for that reason. I had no idea that The Sims 3 community was still so alive over here, but I am so happy that I found it. I have played since the original and The Sims 3, even with its optimization flaws, has still always been my favorite of the games. From now on I am going to come here where I know everyone will be kind. Also, I love looking at all the screenies :smile: .
  • USMC-RavenSaintUSMC-RavenSaint Posts: 1 New Member
    :) What I have found is that a game's community usually improves when a new version comes out. Since "New" is obviously "Better."

My only wish is that the commercial watching system was still active. It was the only way I could get SimPoints. :'( If it is still active, it has been a long long time now since I last saw an offer.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I am on CAS now lol
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • JurassicKingJurassicKing Posts: 63 Member
    I bought Sims 3 and 4 at the same time, having never played a Sims game before outside that vet one for the Nintendo DS. I can't get into either, but 3 and less than 4...
    maxresdefault.jpg

I have a son lightspeeeeeed!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited March 2018
    :) What I have found is that a game's community usually improves when a new version comes out. Since "New" is obviously "Better."

That's what the Defence Department said about the M-16A1 (which replaced the M-1 Garand) in Vietnam in 1967. :)

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=1735

The rifle had growing pains...just like EA's game TS4 is having now. Hopefully like the M-16A4 in use now by the Armed Services; TS4 will actually prove to be reliable. I ain't holdin' my breath though.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    I am so loving this thread haha!! I am trying to get caught up on all the pages because they make me laugh so much. Its also so nice to see all the familiar faces from back in the old days. I kind of wish I wouldn't have changed my Avi because thats how I recognize many of you (I also recognize the names, but those Avis more so).

The ONLY thing I use Sims 4 for is a character creator. I had said my peace now with the fact that it will never be the game I want it to be, especially not almost 4 years in. So, when I want to actually play, I play Sims 3 and when I just want to sit in character creator making sims for a few hours I "play" 4. This is making me want to start up Sims 3 right this minute hahaha, but I can't right now. This weekend though, it's going to be a Sims 3 marathon for me :smiley: .
  • MakaylamnMakaylamn Posts: 2 New Member
    I still play the Sims 3 add me makaylamn
  • MakaylamnMakaylamn Posts: 2 New Member
    Opps I mean makaylamn99
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm still playing lol. To be honest I wish I would have solely stuck to playing 3 and getting the rest of the packs. But I got caught up in 4 and now I'm back with 3. I've sort of felt like I cheated on TS3 with TS4 and then realized how good TS3 was to me.. I'm glad it took me back hahahaha
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Nope. I'm officially done with the Sims 3. I've even tried to get back into multiple times, but I just couldn't. I've done everything I wanted to do in that game.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Okay. But the question was not, "Are you still playing TS3?" It was is anyone still playing it. The OP disappeared soon after posting this anyway, but obviously with 18 pages of responses since then on an active section of the forum, the answer is still yes.

Sometimes I don't know why I find this game so engaging. My expectation is that unless a suitable successor comes along I will have done everything I've ever wanted to do in TS3, a couple of times to make sure, in around 80 years give or take a bit and then will begin to get bored with it. This is just me, but one thing I will not do at that point is feel the need to announce such a thing to TS3 players on a TS3 message board because (except one time for saying goodbye, I guess) there really wouldn't be much point in doing that. ;)

And if I forget myself and do so anyway, I hope that someone will point me back to this post if it's still here to remind me. I'll be way too old to care, actually I'll be a ghost by then, but they should still do so on principle.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I'd quote your post but I'll probably have joined you in the great beyond in 80 years. I don't think we're that far apart in age, @igazor, :) So... I guess it will probably be left to those playing Sims...(whatever iteration it happens to be if it is still around 80 years from now). :D ...to quote for us our misdeeds. :D Such as forgetting ourselves and posting that particular certain...thing.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • ashtontereseashtonterese Posts: 3 New Member
    I just saw this post and now I really want to go back and play the sims 3 again! I've been playing the sims 4 but I do feel like you miss out on so much. There is so much I never got to do while playing the sims 3 and am so excited to try play again!
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @ashtonterese Welcome back! :)
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Okay. But the question was not, "Are you still playing TS3?" It was is anyone still playing it. The OP disappeared soon after posting this anyway, but obviously with 18 pages of responses since then on an active section of the forum, the answer is still yes.

Sometimes I don't know why I find this game so engaging. My expectation is that unless a suitable successor comes along I will have done everything I've ever wanted to do in TS3, a couple of times to make sure, in around 80 years give or take a bit and then will begin to get bored with it. This is just me, but one thing I will not do at that point is feel the need to announce such a thing to TS3 players on a TS3 message board because (except one time for saying goodbye, I guess) there really wouldn't be much point in doing that. ;)

And if I forget myself and do so anyway, I hope that someone will point me back to this post if it's still here to remind me. I'll be way too old to care, actually I'll be a ghost by then, but they should still do so on principle.

I took their question differently since it's obvious there are still people playing the third game. Hell, there's still people playing the second game.
  • sem430sem430 Posts: 8 New Member
    Honestly? I haven't even TOUCHED Ts4 at all since it came out... Mostly cause I can't afford it without losing money to use on other things that I should don't need. I keep asking my friends and family to get it for me so I can see what all the fuss was about. But you can see how that turned out. And even though I only recently actually got ONTO the forums I still play Ts3 every chance I get. Life in the real world just hurts too much.
  • ShaThompShaThomp Posts: 17 Member
    > @Zeri said:
    > yes i still play it regularly. sims 4 doesnt interest me

Me too. I have Sims 4 and I can't bring myself to play it. Sims 3 is my true love. <3
  • Jomyska28Jomyska28 Posts: 3 New Member
    I just started playing sims 3 freeplay now. I love it. But don’t have any active neighbours :( Anyone fancy adding me as a neighbour?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Jomyska28 wrote: »
    I just started playing sims 3 freeplay now. I love it. But don’t have any active neighbours :( Anyone fancy adding me as a neighbour?

Hello and welcome to the site @Jomyska28... :)

You may want to ask for neighbors over in The Sims FreePlay section as this is the PC section for TS3... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-freeplay-social-corner
  • Jomyska28Jomyska28 Posts: 3 New Member
    Aaaa sorry lol and thank you.
  • harmonia_nectere7harmonia_nectere7 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm honestly shocked at how many people do still play sims 3. As someone who has played them all from the start, I love seeing a community like this!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm honestly shocked at how many people do still play sims 3. As someone who has played them all from the start, I love seeing a community like this!
    As I somewhat jokingly mentioned on another thread recently, chess is a pretty old game now as well. So are Scrabble, Monopoly, Clue (or Cluedo in some countries), Stratego, backgammon, many card games, etc. Yet it doesn't really seem so strange that these still have very loyal followers who love playing them. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    As I somewhat jokingly mentioned on another thread recently, chess is a pretty old game now as well. So are Scrabble, Monopoly, Clue (or Cluedo in some countries), Stratego, backgammon, many card games, etc. Yet it doesn't really seem so strange that these still have very loyal followers who love playing them. ;)

That's right! Some games are classics. I always liked Yahtzee! :D
    Waitaminute? There's other people playing Sims 3 too? You mean this isn't an echo-chamber? And I haven't lost my mind imagining that other people are still playing? :D:mrgreen:

smiley-face-with-tongue-sticking-out-tongue-out-smiley.png

GYZ6Ak9.png