Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Aftermath: Did you stick with your initial convictions?

Comments

• JanlJanl Posts: 21 Member
    I think it had the potential to have been a great pack but I think it is overpriced at £10 (about 14-15 USD). It would have been worth considering at the pre-increase price. I will be waiting for a sale to see if I buy it. If there is no sale then I do not feel I will be missing anything that will greatly add to my game play.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I was undecided before and thought I needed to see what was in it first. That's what I did : I looked at the CAS/Build/Buy content and thought it was worth it, so I bought it :)
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    I had more positive feelings for it before the trailer came, and since I've been against it. I haven't bought. Might buy it in the distant future, but that's unlikely, since I only have one sp now and I feel like there are around thousands (okay, that's a tiny exaggeration.. :b) of stuff packs that I'm more interested in buying
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I have it, and I like it. I knew I would before I had it, so yes? Stuck to my convictions about it. Not that it was a big deal or anything. It's only a SP afterall. But I'm getting my money's worth all the same.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2018
    CK213 wrote: »
    I was not feeling all that enthusiastic for the expansion on Cats and Dogs.
    But they got me with the hamster/hedgehog/rat/void critter thingy, as well as the pet disease.
    It's going to fit with some story lines I intend to play out. So it's option 3 for me.

Wait? there is no option for not buying it? It is titled "did you stick with your initial convictions"...mine was to not buy it and I did NOT buy it as I do NOT want to perpetuate EA doing this with anymore games, but I did not see that option in your poll. Even the Battlefront and Mass Effect communities spoke out all over YouTube, you know its bad when even gaming communities who don't play the game say how messed up this was. People will continue supporting it though so it will only get worse from here. Luckily the forums are only a VERY small part of the consumer base and from polls I have seen here and elsewhere, luckily, it seems most people actually didn't buy the pack.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    Schantal wrote: »
    But they got me with the hamster/hedgehog/rat/void critter thingy, as well as the pet disease.
    It's going to fit with some story lines I intend to play out. So it's option 3 for me.

Wait? there is no option for not buying it? It is titled "did you stick with your initial convictions"...mine was to not buy it and I did NOT buy it as I do NOT want to perpetuate EA doing this with anymore games, but I did not see that option in your poll. Even the Battlefront and Mass Effect communities spoke out all over YouTube, you know its bad when even gaming communities who don't play the game say how messed up this was. People will continue supporting it though so it will only get worse from here. Luckily the forums are only a VERY small part of the consumer base and from polls I have seen here and elsewhere, luckily, it seems most people actually didn't buy the pack.

Happy to know that, and happy to see that people in the forum are the minority, otherwise this SP would have been a best-seller. :DI don't want that EA continues DLC for DLC, and it's the reason why I will never buy it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Happy to know that, and happy to see that people in the forum are the minority, otherwise this SP would have been a best-seller. :DI don't want that EA continues DLC for DLC, and it's the reason why I will never buy it.

I agree. This is primarily why I refuse to buy it -- I am not going to support this horrible, anti-consumer model.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Yes, after the announcement I had planned to get it and I did.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I agree. This is primarily why I refuse to buy it -- I am not going to support this horrible, anti-consumer model.
    You both are forgetting the TS3 store did the same thing and you criticize TS4 for doing it?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member

You both are forgetting the TS3 store did the same thing and you criticize TS4 for doing it?

Feel free to browse my post history. I’ve criticized TS3’s store years back, just as I’m criticizing this tactic, which is worse for many reasons, with TS4. I’m not about to defend TS4 with the shortcomings of TS3.

Same here, i did rain storm upon storm of anger and disatisfaction about the store system during thesims3 developmet arc, i even promoted positivelly the gamepack system over it as a nice change, but i cannot support them if they are gonna make a disappointing and overpriced DLC to cash on another disappointed and overpriced DLC. But i agree that there are people around that did support the store that are now jumping onto thesims4, but since this helps press EA to stop this, i rather just let them.
    jr73Y.gif

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Feel free to browse my post history. I’ve criticized TS3’s store years back, just as I’m criticizing this tactic, which is worse for many reasons, with TS4. I’m not about to defend TS4 with the shortcomings of TS3.

Perfect!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I did quite fancy getting it, as it's always nice to have extra stuff. But I refused to pay the increased prices for the packs now that they made them higher for some countries.

However, someone else has now bought it for me along with Laundry Stuff and the Jungle pack (as 'payment' for a job I did for them), so I ended up with it anyway.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Nope not going to buy it.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The fact that part of it requires cats & dogs was never a problem for me;
    Imagine they release reasons, and then later release a natural disaster pack, which, if you have seasons, will also add more extreme weather - that would mean people who just want normal weather can have that with just seasons, people who want extreme weather can add that by adding natural disasters as well, and people who don't want any weather needn't bother with either pack - I personally don't see a problem with that.

Having seen that rodents can become immortal and have secret lives I'm definitely getting it, but I'm on a budget and want to see what's coming in the next quarter before I decide when I'm adding hamsters.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Is it out? Oops. Been playing Ylands since December. So... Yes, it is a stupid pack, but I always intended to buy it, and I will. But probly wait til it's on sale.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I've no problem with the fact that you need Cats&Dogs for a lot of the pack. But the actual content is terribly lazy. Stuff Pack Team made a hamster, but EA wanted it released as soon as possible. However they didn't want to have to wait the couple of months needed for Stuff Pack team to make more original objects to fill the pack so they held back a bunch of stuff from the EP instead.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    I've never skipped a pack for The Sims (all the way back to the original game; excluding The Sims 3 Katy Perry SP which was a disaster and not a pack). I skipped this. Most of the pack was just reskinned content we already had, and coming out on the heels of Cats & Dogs feels like too much of a cash grab what with the matching desk, chair, activity table, and bookcase. A non-interactive fish tank coffee table and a rodent cage are not worth $10 to me.

For the most part, I'm hoping that enough people felt similarly and sales for this poor excuse for a stuff pack were very low. That's really the only way they won't try this again. I used to laugh when people said they'd give us one season a pack...I'm now genuinely concerned that it could happen.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    My option isn't in the list. I planned to buy that pack, but have yet to do so. Tbh it's drifting down on my wishlist consistently. Small pets aren't that exiting. The furniture and carpets are really nice but nothing my current families would use, so there's no pressure on that front. That leaves the pet costumes and matching pet/sim outfits that I love a lot. Alas, ten euro for a set of CAS items is a bit much.

If I played The Sims only I'd buy without hesitation. But since that's not the case the SP has to compete with other games and in comparison it shows it's, sorry, mediocracy :/
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Did not want to buy it and will not buy it. Period. There's not enough of a sell for me, plus like others have said, I don't want to add to EA's delusion that DLC for DLC is anywhere near a good idea.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I did plan on buying it when I first heard about the pack but as information came out prior to its release I changed my mind. Then when it was released, I watched a few reviews and made my mind up for sure that I wasn't going to buy it. For me, it just didn't seem like there was enough new content to make it worth the price.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    didn't buy it.
    I had birthday a few days ago, and my boyfriend wanted to buy me that poopload of a stuff pack, and I told him no just out of principle.

-Yarden.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    It's crazy , I'm on this forum every day and missed all the advertising for this stuff pack , never knew it existed until now. That being said , I never dress my pets and ummm don't give my sims pets very often. I'm not planning to buy it at the moment but I won't say never.
    Maybe in a weak moment or a good sale sometime in the future.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'll probably get it eventually, when I've got nothing better to buy. But I'm in no hurry to add to EA's sales figures when I'm still busy with Cats&Dogs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • missmerizemissmerize Posts: 42 Member
    haha I definitely was against it from the start and have stuck with that! it kind of breaks my heart bc normally I jump at the chance to add on DLC after DLC. but seeing this one it just... wasn't enough. I don't like that the small animals are all look alikes and reskins. a tiny rhino in one cage? it's a bit wonky. and especially seeing how they legit just reskinned a bunch of stuff rather than adding cool new pet items, eh. just not my cup of tea. you feel me?

all this to say, if it goes on sale down the road like 50% or more, I am probably (sadly) gonna purchase it. I am that pathetic.