Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems with export/import

I'm working with CAW to create a new world for myself. So I created some Lots for myself. Put a lot of work into them. I exported them to the export folder. Set them aside for a week. Yesterday I went to reinstall them in the Launcher and though it says success they do not install. I moved my sims3 folder to another location and I tried using a clean Sims3 with no content or mods with no luck either. I really hate to lose these 4 files is there anything I can do to get them to work? Or am I SOL.

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Any chance you saved a copy to your library before exporting them and could re-export them?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Did you build the lots in CAW's EIG?
    Did you try saving them to the Library while in CAW/EIG- closing CAW/EIG and going into the Game to see if they're in the library.
    That is how I save my lots built in EIG.
  • Options
    KISS121768KISS121768 Posts: 67 Member
    no not a chance many resaves and other things those are long gone my only prayer is to somehow get the exports to work or remake the props
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    So, you weren't using CAW/EIG when you built it? I thought since you mentioned building a world and working with CAW that you were. Too bad, it would still be in the world files you saved.

You might upload it to a 3rd party site, such as mediafire, to see if anyone else can open it for you... something to try.
  • Options
    KISS121768KISS121768 Posts: 67 Member
    I got it figured out. I used Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Installer to extract the files directly to the Library folder and the were in game for me