The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Few questions about sims mobile

Comments

• SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    @rosemow thank you as always for your amazing knowledge!

From the EA Answers threads, I understand the basic items (like a toilet) need to be placed in the home (which makes sense). However, there are conflicting answers between the two threads. In one of them, a user reports that the items need to be placed in the home to give the bonus. In the second thread, EA_Mai says that the boost items only need to be in your inventory. I guess I'll just try it for myself... I don't own any of the boost items.

I do have some additional questions about heirlooms, for anyone with experience... I searched around the web and none of them really seem to explain how an heirloom gives benefits.

First, it seems like some heirlooms unlock additional levels of careers, and others may unlock entirely new careers. There are heirlooms mentioned that I've never seen in the heirloom store, which only seem to unlock traits. So, do all of these types of heirlooms still exist? Or was that only for soft launch? The store only seems to sell heirlooms that enhance traits.

Next, I read that some heirlooms seem to be reusable, whereas others can only be used once. Some need to be tapped to give benefits, perhaps for a certain amount of time. Is that still the case?

Lastly, do you need to retire a sim before an heirloom can become effective? In other words, if you are on your first generation of sims and have a child, can you buy an heirloom to help them? Or do you need to retire a sim first and get the heirloom box?

Thanks in advance!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    edited March 2018
    SimKenzie wrote: »
    @rosemow thank you as always for your amazing knowledge!

From the EA Answers threads, I understand the basic items (like a toilet) need to be placed in the home (which makes sense). However, there are conflicting answers between the two threads. In one of them, a user reports that the items need to be placed in the home to give the bonus. In the second thread, EA_Mai says that the boost items only need to be in your inventory. I guess I'll just try it for myself... I don't own any of the boost items.

I do have some additional questions about heirlooms, for anyone with experience... I searched around the web and none of them really seem to explain how an heirloom gives benefits.

First, it seems like some heirlooms unlock additional levels of careers, and others may unlock entirely new careers. There are heirlooms mentioned that I've never seen in the heirloom store, which only seem to unlock traits. So, do all of these types of heirlooms still exist? Or was that only for soft launch? The store only seems to sell heirlooms that enhance traits.

Next, I read that some heirlooms seem to be reusable, whereas others can only be used once. Some need to be tapped to give benefits, perhaps for a certain amount of time. Is that still the case?

Lastly, do you need to retire a sim before an heirloom can become effective? In other words, if you are on your first generation of sims and have a child, can you buy an heirloom to help them? Or do you need to retire a sim first and get the heirloom box?

Thanks in advance!

Hello.
    The store just sells some of the heirloom types. It may not sell all of the rarer heirloom types, which may only be given when you retire a sim.
    I think that as soon as you receive or purchase the heirloom, you should then be able to select that heirloom to use from then on, when there is a new option to select a new trait. I think though with the first generation of sims, you may though first need to have a sim retire first, to get the heirloom box.
  • SimmertoSimmerto Posts: 2 New Member
    Are the 3rd and 4th sims only available for purchase using simcash? Or do they unlock as you progress, reaching max level or something.
    Simmerto wrote: »
    Are the 3rd and 4th sims only available for purchase using simcash? Or do they unlock as you progress, reaching max level or something.

Hello @Simmerto
    The 3rd and 4th sims slots are only unlockable by using simcash. They don’t unlock as you progress in the game.
  • SimmertoSimmerto Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Simmerto wrote: »
    >
    > Are the 3rd and 4th sims only available for purchase using simcash? Or do they unlock as you progress, reaching max level or something.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Simmerto
    > The 3rd and 4th sims slots are only unlockable by using simcash. They don’t unlock as you progress in the game.

Thanks! now I feel safe spending simcash unlocking them.
    Simmerto wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Simmerto wrote: »
    >
    > Are the 3rd and 4th sims only available for purchase using simcash? Or do they unlock as you progress, reaching max level or something.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Simmerto
    > The 3rd and 4th sims slots are only unlockable by using simcash. They don’t unlock as you progress in the game.

Thanks! now I feel safe spending simcash unlocking them.

You’re welcome :) Enjoy having the extra playable sims in your household!
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,789 Member
    How do you get the kids you don't want to carry on the story to leave without retiring them? I want to have just have one heir per generation but haven't seen anything about how to move non-playable sims out.
    How do you get the kids you don't want to carry on the story to leave without retiring them? I want to have just have one heir per generation but haven't seen anything about how to move non-playable sims out.

Hello
    If you press on the portrait picture,you can move them out.
    Cool, that's means I can have a few kids and then move out the ones I don't want to continue with. Thank you :)
    Cool, that's means I can have a few kids and then move out the ones I don't want to continue with. Thank you :)

You’re welcome :)
  • rachipupurachipupu Posts: 16 New Member
    hey, do anybody has the list of lifestyle level (mine currently Fashionably Impassioned) and how much points we need for each level?
  • BitellaGSBitellaGS Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, is there any other special event beside the one in the downtown. Because it's not available anymore and i need to do special event to complete my to do list..
  • JJXJJX Posts: 3 New Member
    For the cooking hobby, is there any benefit to multiple ovens? Like, does the boost stack, or do you just get the one for the best oven or something?
    BitellaGS wrote: »
    Hello, is there any other special event beside the one in the downtown. Because it's not available anymore and i need to do special event to complete my to do list..

Hello @BitellaGS
    There is usually 3 special events that are available to do if your sims haven’t done any other of the special events that day. The special events are locked if your sim is already doing another event such as a career, hobby or relationships event at the time when you are looking at the events section.
    [quote="rosemow;c-16401307"][quote="BitellaGS;c-16401293"]Hello, is there any other special event beside the one in the downtown. Because it's not available anymore and i need to do special event to complete my to do list..[/quote]

Hello @BitellaGS
    There is usually 3 special events that are available to do if your sims haven’t done any other of the special events that day. The special events are locked if your sim is already doing another event such as a career, hobby or relationships event at the time when you are looking at the events section.[/quote]

Thank you!
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @BitellaGS
    There is usually 3 special events that are available to do if your sims haven’t done any other of the special events that day. The special events are locked if your sim is already doing another event such as a career, hobby or relationships event at the time when you are looking at the events section.

Thank you!

You’re welcome :)
    JJX wrote: »
    For the cooking hobby, is there any benefit to multiple ovens? Like, does the boost stack, or do you just get the one for the best oven or something?

Hello
    With the cooking hobby, there are different interactions on the different stoves, so having multiple stoves allows your sim a wider number of different interactions. There are more stars on the better stoves so the points given are 30 rather than the 20 on the other stoves.
    Yet another question - the second baby just aged to a toddler and has the same surname as her father, but her older sister has the same surname as her mother. My sims are married but for some reason still retain their separate names, and now the kids do too. Is this a glitch or have I done something wrong? And how do I change the surname (as I didn't notice this when the babies were born)?
    Yet another question - the second baby just aged to a toddler and has the same surname as her father, but her older sister has the same surname as her mother. My sims are married but for some reason still retain their separate names, and now the kids do too. Is this a glitch or have I done something wrong? And how do I change the surname (as I didn't notice this when the babies were born)?

Hello @MayaRose1138
    When the kids are adults, and if you make them playable sims, you can alter their names in CAS. You can click on their names there and change them.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MayaRose1138
    When the kids are adults, and if you make them playable sims, you can alter their names in CAS. You can click on their names there and change them.

But not until then... okay. I think I've discovered another thing EA needs to fix up apart from having teens, and a bigger range of clothes and hair for the kids :). I'll just have to be very careful in future.
  • DiondraDiondra Posts: 1 New Member
    How can u make space in your household so Sim's with blue diamonds can move in?
    edited March 2018
    Diondra wrote: »
    How can u make space in your household so Sim's with blue diamonds can move in?

Hello @Diondra
    If you want the sims to be playable, you need to have a free playable slot open for a sim to be able to move into your household
    If you don’t have the third and fourth playable slots open, you need to pay simcash to open them.
    If you do have them, but there are already sims in those slots, you would need to retire those sims, to open up a playable slot for another sim to move in
  • DragonflyMattDragonflyMatt Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to add my take on a few points that have been asked about and/or answered. This is more for game strategy at the moment than personal enjoyment of the game, as I've found Sims Mobile to be a little complicated due to a lack of in-game information and it's counter Simtuitive nature.

Sim retirement:
    Contrary to PC Sim games, the idea here seems to be to retire your Sims, and as fast as possible. Each time a Sim retires you get an heirloom which can unlock a new trait or provide a higher level trait. There's no way to improve the traits of a Sim once you've chosen them, so to get better Sims, you need to start new ones with the new traits you've acquired from obtained heirlooms. Alternately, you can wait until another Simmer asks to have your Sim move in. But that may never happen.

Having babies:
    Having a baby grants a fifth trait, Good Upbringing. You have to perform three events with the baby for the trait to reach three stars. This trait acts as a bonus for all pink star interactions within job, hobby, relationship and community events. Creating a Sim from scratch, or having one move in with you, won't provide this trait.

Parties:
    Parties are another focus of the game. It's the primary way to meet new Sims and Simmers, and add them to your contact or friend list. You'll be notified whenever anyone on your friend list throws a party. What makes for a good party? The first ingredient is lots of group interaction events from hobby and career home objects. It's not enough to have a guitar, you'll want all the accessories completing the guitar hobby story provides. The more accessories, the more interactions with the object will become available, in particular group interactions which allow you to invite three party goers into it. You get more bang for your buck with a group interaction.
    You'll notice when looking for parties that it will sometimes recommend your Sims as ideal. This is based on the career and hobby held by that Sim, and the career and hobby objects present at the party. The first and most common objects fall into the barista and culinary careers, and the cooking and guitar hobbies. It doesn't matter how good your Sims are at these careers and hobbies, the same interactions will be available based on the accessories present at the party. So make sure you at least choose a career and hobby for all your Sims, even if you don't plan on completing their stories. Keep this in mind when you throw your own party. You want lots of guests. Parties that appear in the find party results are more appealing when they show Simmers their Sims are ideal. Make sure you obtain all your career and hobby home objects and accessories.

In short, retire your Sims fast. Have children ready to replace them. Choose a career and hobby for every Sim. Complete career and hobby stories until you have all objects and accessories unlocked and purchased.
  • DragonflyMattDragonflyMatt Posts: 3 New Member
    Relationships:
    This seems to be the least developed or least important aspect of the game. Despite there being more relationship stories than career and hobby combined, the ones I've completed do nothing but unlock an article of clothing. And besides the randomly generated specialty items you can purchase, clothing provides nothing other than aesthetic value.
    You need to have a level 3 relationship to have a child, a level 8 relationship to ask a Sim to move in, and a level 10 relationship to get married.
    The benefits of having a kid are provided in the previous post.
    The benefits of having someone move in are that the Sim retains the relationship level and their current traits. So you could acquire a fully developped Sim with traits you don't necessarily want, in less time than it would have taken you to develop the traits yourself. You may also acquire traits that are locked for you. In the long run, it could be a strategy to acquire the best heirlooms to unlock demanded traits, and produce marketable Sims... like a Sim factory. But all you get in return when you give a Sim away is an heirloom anyway, and maybe the reputation for producing desirable Sims.
    The benefits of getting married I haven't noticed beyond the aesthetic.

Hobby objects:
    It should be noted that there are two sets of hobby objects. The primary ones, stove, guitar, writing desk, yoga mat and piano. And the secondary ones which provide more actions and reduce the time it takes to complete a hobby event. Both primary and secondary unlock incrementally as your Sim progresses through the hobby levels. However, the primary ones lock again if you retire the Sim who unlocked them. So if you retire a Sim who completed a hobby, make sure you purchased the primary hobby objects first, as they'll remain with you despite becoming locked in the home object catalogue.
    If my sim retire and die, what will happen to the clothes and stuffs I bought? Will it be gone?