This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Uhm...this shouldn't happen, right?

An in-game week ago, there was the geek con, and I guess my sims left before it was over, well now I visited the neighborhood again and the geek con is still there..atleast half:

27.03.18_05-06-35.png

As you can see, some posters on the left side are floating in the air like the festival was halfway through disappearing, but most of the objects just stayed. Things like food stalls and benches are placed above the festival objects, etc.

I guess it's a bit bugged :D Is there any work-around for this or will the geek-con stay there forever? :open_mouth: Or do I just have to wait until another festival takes place?
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I thought they fixed it. :/

I think if you stay until the festival ends, it all goes away. It'll still be there when the romance festival pops up though, since you have to wait for geek con to come back. Staying until the end of the romance festival will only remove stuff that was put up for the romance festival. Other than that, I'm not really sure.
  • Options
    theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

That happened to my game the other day. I was like what the, it was the Spice festival. I wanted my sim to just "harvest" the plants there.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,186 Member
    How old is the save you're playing in? If it was created before the overlapping festivals bug was fixed, then the bug will remain in that particular save. But if you're playing a save that was created after it got fixed, this shouldn't happen.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    How old is the save you're playing in? If it was created before the overlapping festivals bug was fixed, then the bug will remain in that particular save. But if you're playing a save that was created after it got fixed, this shouldn't happen.

I don't know when exactly it was fixed @MDianaSanders , but the save is not that old. But as I said, the geek con was 1 in-game week ago, so it's very likely that it happened after it was fixed. I'm just going to wait until the next geek con arrives.

Btw, many bugs or glitches are "supposed" to be fixed, @Vulori, it's the same with the vampire break-ins on community lots, I remember I read in the patch notes not long ago that it was fixed, but it just happened again today.

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Now that’s just unreasonable. So every time they patch the game we’re expected to start a whole new save to see the changes?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    *shameless plug for my own AHQ thread about this very issue*

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/td-p/6433737

Who said this was ever fixed since Cats & Dogs?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I had that problem too, the Romance festival actually overlapped it. Someone suggested to me to have my sim stay in the neighborhood until the festival was all over & for a couple of sim hours afterwards. It worked, everything got taken down & the neighborhood was back to normal. It's a simple, albeit sometimes inconvenient workaround until they get it fixed.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Now that’s just unreasonable. So every time they patch the game we’re expected to start a whole new save to see the changes?

I have to agree with you on this issue. I play my saves for a long time. I do the Save As, to help keep them from getting corrupted, however, it's bad enough when I get the bug to simply start the save over again, without me having to do so just to see the 'fixes' implemented. If something is fixed, then it should be fixed across the board, old saves and all. But, that's just me.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

Tf they can't do that. They need to fix it entirely.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, if it ever was in the patch notes (and I thought it was) they removed it. Which means it's probably broken again, wouldn't be the first time they fix something only to break it again with the next patch.
    I can't tell if this was ever fixed, as my template saves were made before they supposedly fixed it. And I don't really attend festivals in newer saves/test saves.

As for the new save thing, as far as I know, only a few bug fixes so far have required you to start a new save.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    What in the dog and pony show is going on here?

They claim to have fixed this in the November patch. Not sure if it applies to what the OP is about.

”We addressed an issue that could cause festivals to overlap one another due to the previous festival not properly cleaning itself up.”
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What in the dog and pony show is going on here?

They claim to have fixed this in the November patch. Not sure if it applies to what the OP is about.

”We addressed an issue that could cause festivals to overlap one another due to the previous festival not properly cleaning itself up.”

So it was actually fixed. I knew I remembered reading exactly this in the patch notes. Well, the bug just happened one week ago in my game, so it's seems like it's broken again after it was fixed.

It was my mistake actually because I left the festival before it was over, even though I knew it could stay there and wouldn't go away, but I just didn't mind in this moment :neutral:

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Are festivals lasting longer than listed too? I didn't notice it until my last few plays, but it'll say the festival ends at 11pm and it's still going at midnight. Then it'll be another sim hour before everything is taken down.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    megiare wrote: »
    Are festivals lasting longer than listed too? I didn't notice it until my last few plays, but it'll say the festival ends at 11pm and it's still going at midnight. Then it'll be another sim hour before everything is taken down.

Yeah I noticed that too, but I think it has been there since City Living released

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Happened in my game too - rarely even go to the festivals in the challenge I am playing but had a Computer Whiz/Geek sim so went to the Geek Con once - a lot of the stuff from the Romance festival that had been there before it I guess was still there including the music so it was a huge mess. Never even went to the Romance Festival so it can't just be happening because of not waiting until the end to leave (which I think is ridiculous anyway). They claim to have fixed many things that still keep happening - seriously gets annoying - it is like so much of what we paid for is not even usable.
  • Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Happened in my game too - rarely even go to the festivals in the challenge I am playing but had a Computer Whiz/Geek sim so went to the Geek Con once - a lot of the stuff from the Romance festival that had been there before it I guess was still there including the music so it was a huge mess. Never even went to the Romance Festival so it can't just be happening because of not waiting until the end to leave (which I think is ridiculous anyway). They claim to have fixed many things that still keep happening - seriously gets annoying - it is like so much of what we paid for is not even usable.

*cough* Get To Work *cough*

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, it happens in my game as well. Everything is on top of everything else, most food stalls and other stuff are not usable, benches all over the place clipping in each other, a massive mess.
    We now have 2 EP that don't work as advertised, Get to Work case is more severe but still...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.