Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly Gay Sims

Comments

• Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    Summer has never been gay in any of my saves, she usually pairs off with J Huntington III.

Edit: I don't think it was intended that way either, her starter blurb says she has feelings for Travis Scott.

Then there is the possibility that Travis Scott just has no romantic interest in her so that is why that could be a possibility. Travis Scott is always gay in my games, everytime, even without me meddling.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I fail to see why this would be a problem... Why does it have to be a "glitch" or "bug" when Sims are gay?

Not saying the fact they are gay is a glitch, but the fact that you set a sim's preference to one thing and it switches. I had that happen with one of my gay characters suddenly wanting to flirt with the opposite sex. I took it as an experiment due to the fact it never happened again :lol:

I kinda wish they would just give us the option to choose which gender preferences a Sim has... I think that would be a much better solution. For example, once a Sim becomes a teen, we should be allowed to choose whether they have a preference of males, females, or both. I think that would be a nice feature to add.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Dracon wrote: »
    Summer has never been gay in any of my saves, she usually pairs off with J Huntington III.

Edit: I don't think it was intended that way either, her starter blurb says she has feelings for Travis Scott.

Then there is the possibility that Travis Scott just has no romantic interest in her so that is why that could be a possibility. Travis Scott is always gay in my games, everytime, even without me meddling.

For me Travis and Liberty always wind up together, they have cute kids too. :)
  • Options
    oldaccountnotworkingoldaccountnotworking Posts: 21 Member
    I definitely have noticed it...e autonomous flirting does not help!
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Out of curiosity I went to check on Summer in my game, she has a toddler with Caleb Vatore, he is also her only romantic interest.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    edited March 2018
    Does it really matter if Sims are straight or gay?
    I mean sexuality doesn't define you so why should it define Sims? It's just a minor part of who we are, so it's just a minor part who a Sim is as well.

I personally love the fact that Sims flirt more now, it makes the game more fun.
  • Options
    AnitaOxbumaAnitaOxbuma Posts: 44 Member
    Haha. An unwanted couple happened to me. My Vamp man has an adult daughter who got a romance bar with her Stepmom. They would basicly flirt making poor hubby rage turn into his dark form and suck a random person who just happened to be in the area. xD It was hilarious but fixable. I fixed the situation By havin stepmom ask to just be friends with stepdaughter. After that just waited for Vamp hubbys rage to end and worked their relationship back up again.
    02_27_18_7_29_27pm_by_nagima-dc4jhi4.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2018

That's Paolo Rocca in my saves everytime. In my most current save he's deeply in love with and about to marry Johnny Zest (sorry OP :p ), and I have to say they are pretty adorable together.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    I mean sexuality doesn't define you so why should it define Sims? It's just a minor part of who we are, so it's just a minor part who a Sim is as well.

I personally love the fact that Sims flirt more now, it makes the game more fun.

It matters not one wit to me! I have a random townie who is engaged to Katrina Caliente but also has pretty high romance with Eric Lewis. I just roll with it because that's life sometimes simulated or otherwise. :)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Sims only roll the "flirt with ______" whim if they have a romance bar started with a sim. This is an easily avoidable whim.
    Sims only roll the "flirt with ______" whim if they have a romance bar started with a sim. This is an easily avoidable whim.

Then it must be bugged. My sims rolled the want to flirt with a male sim he had never more than greeted. I even checked and there was no romance bar and barely a friendship bar.

Same in my game. Same-sex or not, most of my Sims are always receiving whims to flirt it up with any other Sim they are remotely close with.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2018
    ItsJanier wrote: »

Yes. It’s my characters, my stories where I supposedly “rule”and I don’t want my gay sims deciding they are straight, nor my straight sims hitting on their in laws.

But maybe this is what they had in mind with weirder stories. They can do what they want to townies, but the game shouldn’t be changing my played sims.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

That's Paolo Rocca in my saves everytime. In my most current save he's deeply in love with and about to marry Johnny Zest (sorry OP :p ), and I have to say they are pretty adorable together.

Paolo is in my game too. :D This time around, he ended up with the local mailman; the two are happily married with 3 kids and a bunch of grandchildren now. And the romance began all on its own, I just proceeded it.
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I don't really like the fact that my sims basically just flirt with whoever they feel like, even if they don't have the flirty trait. I don't care so much if I don't have them married off, but I have sims who are supposed to be happily married, so why are they flirting with every sim they know. I really miss having an attraction system or something, or even a faithful trait or something.

I also really hate seeing my sim couples who are max relationship with each other roll up wants to flirt with other sims they barely know, especially when their significant other is right next to them. I know sims flirt with pretty much anyone if they are feeling flirty, but it seems like its gotten more aggressive recently, and it always seems to target other sims besides their significant other who has a high relationship with them.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I found Bella and Mortimer hating each other when I loaded the lot for the first time in a while, because Mortimer had a romantic relationship with a male sim (I don't remember who). It was kinda funny, but I was really surprised, because it never happened before in my game. Bella was absolutely mortified (pun intended), she couldn't sleep in the same bed as Mort even. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I have a mod now and it has a gender preference option ....so if I start them on a preference it seems they kind of stay with it. I'm not keeping track really though. I play my sims and if I want them to be gay they are gay if straight they are straight and if they like either sex.. well they do.
    I didn't mind what they did before but wasn't really aware of any change lately.. other than it seems they are more likely rejected on attempting to flirt early on. I like that change... makes it more challenging for serial romantics.
    This title makes me think of "Suddenly Seymour" been singing it for two days. My family is not amused... hehe.. thanks.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    If this is just about the whims sims are rolling, I don't see why this is an issue.

They have lots of whims that might not fit the story you are creating (such as buy a 1x1 pool, or research Vampire Lore, etc.) and when they get these types of whims, they can be easily deleted (and I do). So why when they roll a whim to flirt with someone you didn't want them to, suddenly, this whim is somehow more meaningful and ruins the story you have in mind?
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Johnny Zest is definitely gay in my game. Sometimes he's bi, but he definitely prefers dudes when it comes to marriage and long term relationships. Then again I find straight people really boring lol so none of my sims are usually straight. Most are bi and a few gay.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    In much the same way that the Sims don't have to deal with racism and such, I feel like they're not as restrictive (self or societal) as we real humans are in their preferences either. I like to believe they like or dislike another Sim based on who that Sim is, personality wise and with compatibility and all that, in a more genuine sense, rather than full of unwarrented biases and things out of the Sim's control.

In my mind, a Good trait Sim might not like a Hot-Headed Sim, because they have a tendency to be angry and yell at others. And not because they wear an ugly colored hat or they have a certain skin or something like that. How gender specific can Sims really be when aliens impregnate male Sims and no one bats an eye? :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I dunno, sims seem to just RANDOMLY flirt. It wouldn't be so bad if you know some of these sims weren't married or seeing someone and not having the non-commital relationship. Either way needs to be toned down a bit, all well and fine but my sims dad had flirted with her husband for NO apparent reason. That's like reallllly weird and right in front of her.

And her salad.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Most, if not all, of my sims are bi.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Well in one of my games my sim ended up with one of the girls in the roomies house in oasis springs - I forget her name.. and you have brent and brant in the game as my sim tried to flirt with brent and then brant made friends and was ALWAYS over *eye roll*
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited March 2018
    How gender specific can Sims really be when aliens impregnate male Sims and no one bats an eye? :D

I agree with the entire comment. Although when I began reading the last sentence I thought it would end slightly differently "How gender specific can Sims be when they have no genitals?" Same difference though.

Anyway, I feel like the topic has shifted somewhat from the delightful notion of sudden gayness to Sims flirting constantly with anyone, anytime. This is not the case at all in my game. Sure, when I rotate back to a household with married Sims, one or both them may have another romantic interest, but I find that very lifelike, to be honest. IRL people in relationships flirt too. That does not mean they act on it or escalate it further. If it bothers me in the game, I just have them meet and "Ask just to be friends".
    I just wonder why it seems to happen so frequently for others. I take my Sims out a lot to bars, karaoke bars and restaurants. Where does this flirting occur?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Johnny Zest is definitely gay in my game. Sometimes he's bi, but he definitely prefers dudes when it comes to marriage and long term relationships. Then again I find straight people really boring lol so none of my sims are usually straight. Most are bi and a few gay.
    So, let's take this post as a starting point of what the discussion should really be about I think:

I am well aware that some of the Sims are straight, like Don Lothario, who is very, very straight. I'm okay with that. But lately, all of my Sims have been rolling wants to flirt with members of the opposite sex. I'm talking Summer Holiday, Elton John, even George Michael. I draw the line at Pete Burns. Pete is not allowed to be straight in my game, not now, not ever. Is this a glitch any of you are experiencing, or some secret Sims conspiracy?

In short, this discussion isn't about gay or straight and if you love a completely gay or straight community, live your dream. The problem I take it, is that it's imposed on the player and some people would like variety. Like in, you know, real life?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Actually I haven't noticed any whims for flirting in my game with specific sims, that could be a glitch being so common or not don't know, I wish we could control it a bit more at least.
    26014275537_e41632977f_b.jpg
    27016115428_8d3a8ea802_b.jpg
    This happened in my game without mccc, now since Don is non-committal and has no friendship or anything with Eliza this didn't actually bother me. See when Bob was working out Don would train him and I didn't realize you built a relationship with your trainer just by training so one day he was slim and they were the best of buds, never flirted before obviously then before he finishes his drink surprise. It would be nice if some sims were restricted like they wouldn't flirt unless you initiated it, like when trying to give the extended family a relationship.
    38749825681_d6bfc3259c_b.jpg
    Like this I didn't even notice until his wife got upset again without mccc though I didn't see who started it so I blamed her sister and cut her out from the family because I love Adam. Lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Never seen it in my game :(

If I want gay male sims in my game I have to create them myself.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top