Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly Gay Sims

I am well aware that some of the Sims are gay, like Summer Holiday, who is very, very gay. I'm okay with that. But lately, all of my Sims have been rolling Wants to Flirt with members of the same sex. I'm talking Bella Goth, Don Lothario, even Johnny Zest. I draw the line at Johnny Zest. Johnny is not allowed to be gay in my game, not now, not ever. Is this a glitch any of you are experiencing, or some secret Sims conspiracy?

Nga5gE.gif
I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't have the same experience. My sims usually get those whims according to their preferences.
    Autonomous flirting and enchanting introductions are another story, though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I don't have the same experience. My sims usually get those whims according to their preferences.
    Autonomous flirting and enchanting introductions are another story, though

The first time I saw it other than on Summer, Maaike, or Diego, was on Bella Goth. I tripped out when I saw it, because... you know, Bella Goth. Now it's happening more and more. And yeah, the autonomous flirts.... Summer does that all the time.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    First of all, 'Suddenly Gay!' sounds like the title of a Broadway show I would totally go see.
    Second of all, that's really all I wanted to say.

I second this whole comment.

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The title lured me in. Guilty! All my male Sims are pleased.

Ok but to the topic at hand, Sims suddenly switching gender preferences is nothing new in my games, especially when it's the other way around when your gay couples suddenly went straight on you and were caught flirting with (gasp!) a woman!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member

Ok but to the topic at hand, Sims suddenly switching gender preferences is nothing new in my games, especially when it's the other way around when your gay couples suddenly went straight on you and were caught flirting with (gasp!) a woman!

I've long come to accept that the majority of sims probably fall in the middle of the Kinsey scale.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just assumed that all sims were bi or pan until the person started playing these sims.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Wow I thought that was a picture until she came out of the closet haha

When I saw her roll that want to cry in the closet, I had to capture it. LOL I could see potential use as a GIF in the future. :smiley:
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    >.< It's a bug.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sims only roll the "flirt with ______" whim if they have a romance bar started with a sim. This is an easily avoidable whim.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

This makes much more sense. I was playing my legacy family and the founder (my Simself) and Johnny got into a huge fight at their daughter's wedding because my Simself autonomously flirted with the female caterer right there in front of everyone, at her daughter's wedding. I was shocked, but I probably would have programmed that trait into her anyway if it were available. :wink: You could do that in TS2 with the Sim Modder.

@VanPelt81 I've definitely noticed most of the premade Sims have gender preferences programmed into them. Summer Holiday is a pretty aggressive lesbian in every neighborhood I've played.

AUxqrs.png

Miko is definitely heterosexual. The two had a fairly close relationship before Summer hit on her. I might have pushed that issue a tiny bit, since Summer doesn't have much luck in the happiness department. She didn't fare any better that night. The same thing happened before in another neighborhood when she hit on heterosexual Liberty.

L3TpM9.png

Ulrike Faust tends to be asexual and doesn't really care who hooks up with her. She rolls wants for making out, but is not very interested in sex. Maaike is bi, but far more interested in females. I tried to hook her up with Gunther Munch, and she had a very low interest in him. She develops it quickly with her roommate.

As for male Sims, they can be "turned". I once created a neighborhood with an Alien who broke up most of the marriages around him (inlcuding the Landgraabs'). I was kind of surprised that in the newest neighborhood, Joaquin seems to be heterosexual. I've always played him as a sort of Sim Liberace, which made me think my game was borked. I prefer to let them choose, though - it makes the game interesting.

Unless, of course, they are Johnny Zest. Johnny does not get to request a change of luck.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sims only roll the "flirt with ______" whim if they have a romance bar started with a sim. This is an easily avoidable whim.

Then it must be bugged. My sims rolled the want to flirt with a male sim he had never more than greeted. I even checked and there was no romance bar and barely a friendship bar.
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    My sims have been rolling up whims to flirt with people they barely know as well. Lately, my sims seem to be flirting autonomously more than they used to. I can't take my eyes off them for more than a second when they're not at home. I'm really tired of them rolling the whim to 'flirt with ____" whenever a sim they barely know walk by their house.

My married sims keep rolling up wants to flirt with people walking by their house. The wife met Bob Pancakes briefly, but whenever he walks by the house, she wants to flirt with him. Her husband knows more people than her, so he ends up wanting to flirt with the regulars who walk by. I've canceled out him wanting to flirt with Lily Feng to him then wanting to flirt with Victor Feng. :/ I don't remember it being this bad before.
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Where's the glitch? Sounds normal.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I seem to be noticing this a lot more also, maybe because I am trying to find my sim a wife, I am checking his whims to see if he is interested in anyone. I really wish we could have the attraction system similar to the one we had in Sims2.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I fail to see why this would be a problem... Why does it have to be a "glitch" or "bug" when Sims are gay?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,561 Member
    Well, that certainly explains why Summer Holiday gave my legacy heir the cold shoulder! Honestly, I had no idea she was gay.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I fail to see why this would be a problem... Why does it have to be a "glitch" or "bug" when Sims are gay?

Not saying the fact they are gay is a glitch, but the fact that you set a sim's preference to one thing and it switches. I had that happen with one of my gay characters suddenly wanting to flirt with the opposite sex. I took it as an experiment due to the fact it never happened again :lol:
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have noticed a big Increase in this. My sims husband took it upon himself to flirt with his father in law in front of his mother in law and his new bride. The father in law accepted it. They never had a romantic relationship before hand. Never. My gay sim Abby keeps getting texts from Paulo and one other guy talking about how opposite attracts and how they should go on a date and see if things get spicy. Abby lives with her girlfriend. She has never flirted with these men.

I assume its a bug.
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2018
    In my game being gay is practically the norm, with straight couples being very very rare lol.
    And poor Summer Holiday, in my game she is the only one left of the BFF Household, Liberty Lee is off married to a nice guy, while Travis Scott found a very nice man to settle down with in San Myshuno. So far I have seen no male or female Sims give her any attention. Hastag: #ForeverAlone
    Post edited by Dracon on
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited March 2018
    I am well aware that some of the Sims are gay, like Summer Holiday, who is very, very gay. I'm okay with that. But lately, all of my Sims have been rolling Wants to Flirt with members of the same sex. I'm talking Bella Goth, Don Lothario, even Johnny Zest. I draw the line at Johnny Zest. Johnny is not allowed to be gay in my game, not now, not ever. Is this a glitch any of you are experiencing, or some secret Sims conspiracy?

Nga5gE.gif

Really? Wow, not in my game. I think she's been knocked up by almost every male in my save. lol

Also, not sure if you;re interested but there is a mod that allows only straight sims in your game. It works great for me.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Well, that certainly explains why Summer Holiday gave my legacy heir the cold shoulder! Honestly, I had no idea she was gay.

In one of my saves, she had twins with Gavin Richards then married Gunther Munch, but I had them get divorced so Gunther could marry my Sim without Summer getting mad at her. Then after the divorce she married Morgan Fyres so I guess that was her true destiny despite what MC Command Center intended. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    edited March 2018
    Summer has never been gay in any of my saves, she usually pairs off with J Huntington III.

Edit: I don't think it was intended that way either, her starter blurb says she has feelings for Travis Scott.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top