Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to move in an NPC?

I have two free slots for sims. What is the requirement to ask an NPC sim (not a sim owned by another player) to move in? Can you not ask an NPC sim to move in unless they are getting married? Tried looking online and only found info about marrying...

Comments

• lishalisha Posts: 2 New Member
    You usually have to reach a relationship requirement. It’s usually relationship level 8 between your character and the npc. To do this just socialize with them until they reach the level.
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, it's 8 currently. I vaguely remember hearing it was 8 for proposal and 9 to just move in for some reason. I'll keep leveling.

Edit: Level 9 and still no option to move in so far.
    Post edited by FrayedFlight on
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Asking other sim to move in requires a playable sim slot. You don't have enough playable sim spots then.
    To make room, either buy a new slot with SimBucks or retire a sim.
    I have two free slots. I purchased them with simcash several days ago and didn't make anyone else. I don't have any other characters in my home, playable or otherwise, just the starting two. I have the option to create new sims in those slots, but oddly no option to move in the npc. I finished the friendship storyline and still no option. Is it not in the socialization options?
  • Shirokiti1001Shirokiti1001 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same issue I have 2 girls living in my house, both of them are engaged to 2 other players, I've completed the storyline on both but it won't give me the option to move In because it's saying house is full. So how do I go about this
  • cindirella76cindirella76 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm in the same boat. Only one sim in the house, relationship level 10, no option to ask to move in. My poor sim is going to end up a spinster, lol.
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    Maybe check more options tab or scroll through the whole listing?

I've noticed I can see the move in option in parties so maybe it's when you interact with them there.
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
    I have two free slots. I purchased them with simcash several days ago and didn't make anyone else. I don't have any other characters in my home, playable or otherwise, just the starting two. I have the option to create new sims in those slots, but oddly no option to move in the npc. I finished the friendship storyline and still no option. Is it not in the socialization options?

Hmm...
    If you can't even click on the option, I suspect that the sim you want to move in is married. If you click on sim, choose More Options and then Flirty, does the Propose event show up?
  • Shirokiti1001Shirokiti1001 Posts: 3 New Member
    I found the answer to my problem they can still get married and have babies without getting married you just have to click on the wedding arch or the bassinet..but yeah they can't move in until you freeup a slot
    EgonVM wrote: »

Hmm...
    If you can't even click on the option, I suspect that the sim you want to move in is married. If you click on sim, choose More Options and then Flirty, does the Propose event show up?

I have the propose option. I can't seem to get the friendly move-in option despite days and days of friendly interactions. My guess is that perhaps I somehow borked up the options early on and that you can go friendly to romantic but not back to friendly, I actually am trying to friend up the NPC with my second sim to see what happens.
    Ok. Even I don't have the option to ask the "non-player-owned" sims to move in.
    I'm afraid you can't ask them to move in.
    You might be correct. It's weird if we can marry them, but not just move them in like room mates. I mean, I suppose my work around would be to marry and divorce but that seems like a silly amount of work.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    You might be correct. It's weird if we can marry them, but not just move them in like room mates. I mean, I suppose my work around would be to marry and divorce but that seems like a silly amount of work.
    And it shouldn’t be necessary according to EA_Mai. See https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Asking-Sims-to-Move-in/td-p/6685077
  • BramBram Posts: 25 Member
    I think it will be at level 8 of an relationship, but I don't know if it's only with a flirting relation ship lol
    I still like the aspect of moving in
    Erpe wrote: »
    And it shouldn’t be necessary according to EA_Mai. See https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Asking-Sims-to-Move-in/td-p/6685077

Yeah, that's weird. At least in the question posed there the person was able to ask and the game said there was no room. I don't even see the option to ask anywhere.

The NPC sim is currently friends with my two active sims...I thought maybe I somehow borked something up with the first sim by being "flirty" at one point, but after almost maxing friendship on the second sim and not using any other interactions, my options are the same. I have a "propose" option under flirty, but nothing about moving in.

• AnomoonusAnomoonus Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if you can move out sims?
    So, it seems like there is no way to move in an NPC sim that isn't a romantic partner currently (I hope that changes), so I had one of my sims marry him (Marshall Sun), it then gave me the option to make him playable (which I did) then I guess they will divorce. Weird I have to go that route but I just really wanted to use him as a playable sim. *shrugs*
    Anomoonus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can move out sims?

If they are playable, no....you have to level them to 16 and retire them or another player can ask to move them into their house. If they are not playable but living in your house, you should be able to move them out from the family portrait.

• ClaymoreYumeClaymoreYume Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm also trying to figure this out as well :(
    I have a free slot (purchased) for the NPC and he is almost at Level 9. I still can't find that move in option anywhere. I spent time wooing this guy and am going to be so disappointed if it was all a waste of time..
    I'm also trying to figure this out as well :(
    I have a free slot (purchased) for the NPC and he is almost at Level 9. I still can't find that move in option anywhere. I spent time wooing this guy and am going to be so disappointed if it was all a waste of time..

I wasn't able to do it until after they got married. Unless we're all bugged, for whatever reason, it seems like they haven't added the option to move in NPCs unless you marry them first. : /
  • missmerizemissmerize Posts: 42 Member
    what if you married them, then divorced them? if divorce is an option in mobile. I haven't married anyone yet. I let my Sim play the field ^^
  • PanjandrumHeartPanjandrumHeart Posts: 1 New Member
    Figured out how to move sims into household today. Have a Lvl 8+ relationship>open extra slot with sim cash> tap on family portrait> add or create new sim
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    There must be a deep huge bug in the game cause I still can't get my playable sim to move in an NPC sim ( Jayden Baugham )into the household. I am on level 8 of the relationship status, and I don't see an option for them to marry on the wedding arch or on the sim himself. I worked way too hard to level him up to have him move into my household. Is there a bug problem when it comes to a Non-playable sim to move into the house or they cant at all. I do have a free slot open. It is strange if they cant interact to make playable. Am I doing something wrong?

I looked on the menu of the non-playable sim, and no marry option or move in option appear at all.
    TTKIncorporated
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @TTKINCORPORATED Is his hair grey? You might not be able to move him in if he is retired but I'll ask @rosemow. She may know

has your sim proposed? I'm at level 6 with an NPC. My sim proposed . I can do the wedding, I just don't have an empty slot at the moment.

I mentioned that some people have a bug. I also suggested you post over in the origin forum in the bug section for sims mobile. You will get better help there if you do have a bug.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    @TTKINCORPORATED Is his hair grey? You might not be able to move him in if he is retired but I'll ask @rosemow. She may know

has your sim proposed? I'm at level 6 with an NPC. My sim proposed . I can do the wedding, I just don't have an empty slot at the moment.

I mentioned that some people have a bug. I also suggested you post over in the origin forum in the bug section for sims mobile. You will get better help there if you do have a bug.

As phoebebebe13 posted, if a sim has grey hair, you may not be able to move them in.