Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiplayer SIMS 5 : yes or no?

BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
edited March 2018 in Off Topic Chat
This is mostly speculation, but I learned that The Sims 4 is a resource hog for our computers, so a Sims 5 could probably not have an open world with the machines we have now and keep the same quality, unless they go with the multiplayer concept where a lot of data is processed by servers instead. If that happens, would you roll with it? Would you do your best to stay loyal to the franchise? Would you be hyped about it? Or would you ultimately let go of this game?

Multiplayer SIMS 5 : yes or no? 313 votes

Yes! I think the game would benefit from it.
10%
alimafiontrumbla11joshlikesblueGrahamdunstanrarrmussLittlBowBubmintycupcakeRocsaiGilles8001garapoesrosey1579shnailehUniSimsTinf0iIxLunaSimsxCrafty_bgkubBubblyboo2PeculiarPlumbobKoteyka 33 votes
Yes! I've always been curious anyway.
7%
JennyggLeyna_JasselKatNipCandelaHouseDrumboykinater18BlueOvaleSnappiTheSimmerxxNyteRoseYubellwavvesdezoutloudBuzzBuzz_ChasingStarsShadyboopKartSimoKuroridajanitajasminTehCrazySimmercloudsky331BilmoBlampkins 25 votes
No! I couldn't even play if it was the case.
36%
auroraael14icmnfrshLeGardePourpreIdontrcallBluebeard45mcruddIsb917aricaraikeekee53BloosmooParyAjaGioApparentlyAwesomestilljustme2BanjoraQuintina85mortialopithecusRevenwynGabbyGirlJ 113 votes
No! It would spell doom for the franchise.
31%
Akl500PBluefairy286cudleybabysimHejixGumbyIceyJStellaInterpollisamwittdespina53PlayerSinger2010StormkeepAnmirlaSchantalfriendlysimmersSimpkinCororonShancelipoesiasSeera1024alanmichael1 99 votes
Maybe. I'm a fan of the franchise, so why not try?
13%
Erpesimgirl1010Simsbiosismlmeadowswen15Jamie0531lemonade578UnseenHorizonNiaraTiarafidelis_x0PenguinColadaJPsimmerStormsviewLyricSimsz15royalfloretBiggieCheesezoeh7LudditeBorgVanPelt81JurassicKing 43 votes

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2018
    None of your options totally applied to my view so I voted no, but I would be open to the idea IF:
    • it was completely optional (including no hiding access to content that can only be unlocked via multiplayer, like they did with the disastrous Simport in Sims 3 Showtime
    • "sandbox" single player mode is still A Thing with complete game play

I wouldn't be interested in it but other people might be.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Thank you for your answer!
    Sorry I couldn't find many reasons, we're kinda limited in terms of answers anyway. I just chose the most obvious ones.

I highly doubt that EA would have private servers though. I don't think that's how game servers work. But what do I know lol.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    None totally applied to my view either but I just cannot imagine going online being a good thing for the sims, unless online was an entirely separate feature / option I didn't have to touch at all :D
    Oh there a benefits. But there are also cons...
    Here's a short list to point out some of the most well know ones :smile:

Pros...

- Guaranteed open world, with what would probably be the biggest worlds we've ever seen.
    - Interesting neighbors and roommates, no more need for AI.
    - The best story progression.
    - Play with friends and family.
    - Chat channels for storytellers.

Cons...

- A monthlee fee!
    - Internet connection required.
    - Goodbye mods and cc.
    - No more aging off.
    - No more time speed controls.
    - Logging out would be problematic (?)
    - Building would be problematic (?)
    - No more privacy.
    - No more total control.
    - griefers.
    - Chat channels for trolls.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Multiplayer games are in thing and they make money. Granted the Sims was built as a single player game this is EA. They have taken a PC game and flipped it for consoles and mobile devices. Don't forget we just got a DLC for a DLC so if they can make money from it then multiplayer will be done.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don't think it would be a good idea. I know lots of people want it but I think from a safety point of view it could be a nightmare.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The only online component I want is for the gallery to remain.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    edited March 2018
    Wow, not many people on this forum would like it. I guess it depends on how you play this game. I know it would probably be disastrous for builders, multi-generations players, modders, cc creators and some other types of players. But it would work for me, a single sim player who plays a bit vicariously. And just imagining the scale of the cities, suburbs and rural areas gets me all excited. But yeah, more people would not benefit from it than people who would I think.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I was around for Sims online and yeeeeeaaaahhh I don't think so. Everyone plays the sims so differently so why would I want someone invading my Sim space? I like to control the sim world not just one sim or one family.

How would woohoo work online anyway?? That is just asking for trouble. I mean what happens when some 40 year old's sim is woohooing with some 13 year old's sim. Parents are like what the plum and then lawsuits begin...lol I sure wouldn't want my 13 year old in that situation. Guess they are doing some testing with the mobile thing since EA has this everything has to be online with microtransactions rule now.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    No, No, and no way.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    No! I do not want to share my dollys!
    My game, my rules.

Given the way that EPs and GPs and SPs work, how the heck would that work in a multi player setting? If you don't have the same packs as others, does that mean you can't play with them?
    What about CC?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If I wanted to play games with other people, I’d turn on my Xbox or take a basketball to the park. No interest in a multiplayer Sims game.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I think that I'd mostly enjoy The Sims as a offline single-player game. Maybe if there was an option if you really want to do multiplayer I'd be cool with it. As long as it is not hurting the quality of the game I have no problem with such an option. But I'd rather have full on offline than online.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    No. If The Sims 4 is as it is today, this was due to the fact that the game was originally developed to be an online game. Things went wrong, they gave up creating an online multiplayer game, and 2 years of development were lost, which explains why there are so many features in the base game.

Honestly, I find it very risky to try to get back into this online game again. The bad consequences of what happened with The Sims 4 Olympus can be felt even today in the game, through various limitations.
    tenor.gif
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    Theoretically, let's say plans went well when developing a multiplayer sims game;

I really think it would be a really cool idea to explore. I'm thinking of it this way; a multiplayer mode, and a single player, offline mode.
    In multiplayer mode, each user could create their own world and/or join another player's world. The creators could invite people, or make it open for any user to join and create their own household. People could meet other people's sims and build all kinds of relationships, and even move in with each other to start a family. Now let's say two users shared a household; if one player was offline, the other would have control of all the sims, until that player came back on.

Single player offline mode of course would just be regular 'ol Sims, for people who don't have lots of internet access and/or prefer to play by themselves.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    Oh there a benefits. But there are also cons...
    Here's a short list to point out some of the most well know ones :smile:

Pros...

- Guaranteed open world, with what would probably be the biggest worlds we've ever seen.
    - Interesting neighbors and roommates, no more need for AI.
    - The best story progression.
    - Play with friends and family.
    - Chat channels for storytellers.

Cons...

- A monthlee fee!
    - Internet connection required.
    - Goodbye mods and cc.
    - No more aging off.
    - No more time speed controls.
    - Logging out would be problematic (?)
    - Building would be problematic (?)
    - No more privacy.
    - No more total control.
    - griefers.
    - Chat channels for trolls.

Oh no! No monthly fees, please!
    I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm already paying 60 bucks for the game itself, I am not about to cough up a monthly fee in order to actually play. I'm not a monthly fee type of girl; I'd rather just pay a hundred bucks upfront, and then be able to access the online feature forever.

Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't know how to put this without sounding arrogant or offensive, but honestly I don't mean it that way-
    I just wouldn't be interested in playing multiplayer with the sims community. I'm too old. I wouldn't be able to handle all the kiddies and their youthful shenanigans.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I could see it being an interesting option but they better still have a single player mode or otherwise it could have the issues and backlash that Sim City had when it launched.
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I hate multiplayer in all games unless it's a game like Mario Kart for example where it's MORE fun to play with others rather than alone and I don't think The Sims needs it.
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    Sims isn't a game I really would enjoy playing with others.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No thank's.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    No. How would it even work? Are all the worlds and the buildings in it look the same for every player? Are other players going to try to torture our sims? I think it will be quite chaotic. Hahaha.

Would be cool to interact with other people, but I think it won't work with the Sims Franchise.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Nope, that would be a terrible tragedy to a good franchise. That's already happen to a great game series pretty much doomed it to ever having a launch for a new game. So, that would be a big fat, No!
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Not at all! Imagine going online to find someone had no married your Sim while you were offline?
    Plus "pride and accomplishment" will happen with Sim Lootboxes for a shower of TV
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    Yes! I think the game would benefit from it.
    i think multiplayer features would be nice. not a full on muliplayer world, but being able to send your sims on "vacation" to visit a friend's game and join their household (or live as a townie) for a set amount of time would be neat. or sending gifts like in the sims 3.
    giphy.gif