Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of clubs did you create using the club system?

So its been a bit since Get Together came out. I'm carious what type of clubs or cool things they've done with the club system. The club systems is one of my favorite things about the sims 4 it opens up a lot of different idea's.

I guess I'll start;

One of my sim families are doing pretty well, the dad is always busy investing money in stocks and the daughter is a honor student but the wife(mother) really wanted to give back to the community and help families less fortunate then her. So I decided to make a kids camp club where she can take charge and help kids tone there skills and just have fun being a kid. Her cooking skill is max witch allows her to provide meals for the kids, beds and lodging is also provided over the weekends.

5Quc0Ap.jpg
txGOHrg.jpg
lMkrajD.jpg
This lot is amazing! (got it from the gallery)
Y37pRNA.jpg

Can't wait to hear or see from everyone else about what clubs they've made!

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    edited March 2018
    I need to make even more clubs honestly. I'm guilty of underutilizing it. so far, I've made a bowling club that helps keep one of sims in touch with his brother as well as his circle of friends. I also use it for family gatherings! for example, Yuki and her husband have a club that includes her sister and both her sister-in-laws. has helped keep her kids in contact with their aunts! I'm going to be making quite a few of these club types just so my sims can regularly interact with their families easily. bowling shenanigans of course:
    eeivY19.png
    dbrWKW5.png
    3TbBTHP.png

that said, your kids camping club is an awesome idea and one I might have to steal!
    6riwm5.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Rather than use them for my own gameplay, I tend to use them just to populate lots or get venues working the way I want when I visit them. I've got an old people's club that meets at the bar (only one bar, I didn't want them everywhere) to play card games and such, and they're adorable. Then I've also set up a club to watch movies at a movie theatre, so that it feels like an actual theater lot when I go. And of course the less original ideas; the rival bowling clubs meeting at the bowling alley, the vampire club wreaking havoc in forgotten hollow, etc :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited March 2018
    @littlemissgogo lol I’m guilty of forgetting so much features in the sims you just reminded me my sims can go bowling
    Rather than use them for my own gameplay, I tend to use them just to populate lots or get venues working the way I want when I visit them. I've got an old people's club that meets at the bar (only one bar, I didn't want them everywhere) to play card games and such, and they're adorable. Then I've also set up a club to watch movies at a movie theatre, so that it feels like an actual theater lot when I go. And of course the less original ideas; the rival bowling clubs meeting at the bowling alley, the vampire club wreaking havoc in forgotten hollow, etc :p

Such a good idea!!!! I think tommrow I’m gonna make a comedy club and put chairs and such down so my sims can hear there skits.
  • I_Wanted_To_Be_EdgyI_Wanted_To_Be_Edgy Posts: 186 Member
    I made a 'slumber party girls' club where my sims literally just came over at night in sleepwear, ate popcorn, watched movies and sometimes slept. For some reason I really enjoyed it.
    giphy.gif

I only played with you, string between a kitten's mitts.

Origin ID: Azaylia
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I sometimes use it to make vampires autonomus by choosing drink plasma and use vampiric powers under the categories. Other than that, teen hangout groups or music groups.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I've mostly been using the club system as a "sim google" - I needed to find a specific sim, or a group of them, so I created a filter based on what I wanted, and then I added those the "add members" showed me.
  • simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    Oh my! you all have so man great club ideas! I only ever use my clubs to make friends fast..like for my children, it can be hard to meet new children, if I don't want their grade to suffer or rund around town all day, so I just create a club.
    But the other day I made a "Trying to marry rich" Club. Only members with a lot of money could join, so I could find a rich husband for my Sim that was looking for a sugardaddy. Sorry, not sorry. :smiley: But after reading about all your clubs, I might try something different now.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I mainly use it to populate the lots with sims :) I seldom use the clubs live, mostly I use them to control the sims I am not actively playing.

-Two dads are taking their kiddo swimming at the pool
    - A lovely couple meet up at the bar taking a drink
    - two irritable thieves going to the bar, having too much to drink and arguing with everyone
    - A couple of teens do homework in the library
    - The hot guy my sim is trying to meet up might just get a club to go gym with his brother. That way she can "run into" him there.
    - A few clubs for vampires and ghosts also. It makes the world interesting.

I am a rotational player so my favorite sims get clubs to interact with parents and siblings, it is nice to see all of them out and about. Also, using MCCC I get quite a few sims at each lot.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have created skill-building clubs so sims can succeed in getting promotions/fulfilling aspirations. If you play rotationally, they build the skills too and have often rotated to a family to find them at level 9 at the skill their club is for.

@Cheekybits @littlemissgogo Where did you get the club emblems from that appear in your photos?
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @calaprfy wrote: »
    I have created skill-building clubs so sims can succeed in getting promotions/fulfilling aspirations. If you play rotationally, they build the skills too and have often rotated to a family to find them at level 9 at the skill their club is for.

@Cheekybits @littlemissgogo Where did you get the club emblems from that appear in your photos?

it's a mod that adds more emblems. should be this one:
    6riwm5.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I've been trying to make better use of clubs.

I use them all the time for matchmaking (e.g. "Willow Creek Singles" with unmarried Young Adults/Adults, as well as "Silver and Gold" for elders looking for love).

I have a club called "Veggie Friends" for one of my Vegetarian sims who has a large garden. The club members (requirement: vegetarian) help her with her garden, and in return she cooks them a delicious meal they all share after gardening.

I use a family/household club for cleaning and repairing, and it also doubles as a club for holding funerals (I have set up formal black clothing as club apparel which I toggle on and off depending on how the club is being used).

I have a club for my detective sim called Police Poker club. They wear their policeman uniforms and gather around local bars playing poker. I intend to make a rival "gang" club filled with townie thugs being mean, and then the Police Poker club will be mean to this "Gang" club. Too bad I can't set up "arrest" as a club activity ;)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm thinking about starting a collectors club with a secret club room in the basement of the local Library.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

I need to do this!

Also, I wish you could set up/save/share clubs on the gallery and in My Library.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    So many great ideas in this thread :smiley:@Cheekybits what's the name of that awesome campgrounds you got from the gallery?
    @honeywitch its called Camp Kikiwaka
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Haha! Now I want a Geek club called "Wikiwaka"! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Thank you! :smiley:
  • DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    i have an artists club: paint, write, woodwork, play instruments, and drink coffee. all in a lavish basement with floor-to-ceiling underground aquarium for inspiration ;)
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I use the club system to create immersion. Like I have teens skill building at a community centre, watching movie at the park, hot tubbing and swimming, having BBQ, art classes at the museum.

I do use them for my sims, but it's pretty standard. Like spa for the rich women, dancing clubs, sports and gym.

The one thing that failed was making a club of my 2 sims ( who are together) doing romance things In the hope that I will see them on dates when I play rotationally.

I think the biggest oversight is not having an administrator for clubs, like manage worlds, so I can create and manage clubs in that way. It's painful to go into non playable houses, create clubs etc and even more annoying finding the leader again if I need to make changes.

Love the camp idea.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My clubs are usually focused on my immediate family needs/aspirations or story lines. They tend to have creepy, shocking, or tongue in cheek names because it amuses me. So my cad-like serial romantic might have a Stepford Wives club so he can make his choices there. Hannibal has a dinner club.. and it really helps to move them around together. A mean, evil sim usually has a group with Victim in the name ect.. I also use them for skilling, parenting from afar ect.... It really is a great tool overall. I use to download mods for Sims 2 to get some of the functions that are at my fingertips with the club systems.
    I agree with @cherpar - I wish there was an administrator function like Managed Worlds. I'd love to be able to set up clubs to give some seasoning and flair to certain venues .. but I wouldn't really want to play them or rotate to them just to set them up.

Reading this I'd love to import other simmers whole saves lol... just to look through it all and see their set ups :).
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl good idea I’d love to import others save.
  • Louise_WordsworthLouise_Wordsworth Posts: 33 Member
    Some great ideas in this thread. I mainly use clubs for skill boosts & needs, so I'll set up a garden and start a gardening club (right after I harvest so they don't take my harvestables) to tend the garden for me. Same for painting/fitness/logic. Once I created a cooking & cleaning club and started a gathering every time my sim was hungry or the place was a dump. He never had to cook a meal or clean haha.

I did have a sim join the fitness club, which was nice, but a little boring on its own. And I tried the Avant Guards but my sim got super uncomfortable after that much coffee - plus the group left books and cups all over her house.
  • xbackxback Posts: 22 Member
    I make clubs for my sims main group of friends, so there's 3 "known" clubs in my city who fight each other (Paragons - Renegades - My sim's club). Also, I made a bowling club.

OP, do you maybe know the Origin ID for the maker of the lot in your pictures?
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've actually created two clubs recently. One called "The Grilled Cheezers" (Pretty much going around eating nothing but grilled cheese and dancing). The other is "Star A-holics" A Club for Sci-fi nerds it currently had about 10 members two of them are LGBT, and a few others are alien and vampire the rest pretty much human except for the occasional off and on plant sim.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios