Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite Expansion?

2...Next

Comments

• scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to Work. I love alternate life states and it had aliens the only new one in an EP. But My favorite pack of all was Vampires. It isn't even close. We need more alternate life states. Right now we have normal sim, ghost, alien, vampire and two temporary ones of skeleton and plant sim. We had many more in other sim games. If you don't want to put them in EP, they should do more stand alone packs like Vampires. I would buy them, I tell you that.
  • ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I'm so happy to have cats in the game, and I think Brindleton Bay is really pretty.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Get to Work
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Get to Work becauseof aliens and the science career.

Ditto
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Get Together
    GT has made my main save feel so dynamic, especially when clubs gather automatically. Also, I love the world of Windenburg.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Get Together
    The many advantages of being in a club or creating your own and the advantage of adding a sim to a group. If you are talking to a sim, sometimes they will abruptly leave conversation. In a group, they won't go too far until you disband the group. Just makes it easier to build friendships or romances for you sim. I love all the expansions so far.
  • GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    Get to Work
    I picked Get to Work, because it was the only expansion that really felt FULL to me. The other expansions have felt more shallow, but Get to Work when it first came out seemed like this great promise of Sims 4 things to come. It was the only one that's felt comparative to the Sims 3 expansions. We got three different careers that were fun to explore, a retail system, a secret world (Sixam), Aliens, a mall neighborhood (albeit a small one), and a bunch of items. Doctors added sickness and the ability to go to the hospital to have your baby born. The scientist career added a ton of fun scientist gadgets and serums. It took me a really long time to discover everything Get to Work had in it. With all the expansions since then, I've felt like the wonder is lost after a couple hours. It's the only one I've felt like was actually worth $40. The rest, I wouldn't pay more than 25 for.

My second pick is Cats and Dogs, because I love critters and Brindleton Bay is gorgeous. AND IT ADDED CURLY HAIR. As a curly girl, that holds great sway over me. I love the vet career and I love the ability to have pets. The clothes didn't win me much, but I loved a lot of the hair and the build/buy is just this gorgeous New England kinda style that I absolutely love.

Third, it's a toss up between City Living and Get Together. They're very close. I rarely use the club feature in Get Together or go to the neighborhood, but I do love how much easier it made getting groups of Sims to do things. City Living, I felt had a lot of wasted potential, but I did really really love what was there, and I use the apartments all the time, and LOVE having singing and the pufferfish death.
  • simshookersimshooker Posts: 3 New Member
    Do any of the games come with a disc? I went to Wal-Mart to purchase the Cats and dogs and it said no disc, download only. I don't like that. :/ :/
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    City Living
    City Living, I just love the city and apartments.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • SIMplyenglishSIMplyenglish Posts: 4 New Member
    1 ) City Living - Enjoy the world ,festivals ,diversity ,traits and apartments . My favourite ep so far!

2 ) Cats & Dogs - I love playing with pets but feel there's a few things missing from the game. Overall, great ep.

3 ) Get Together - Great for creating clubs and hanging out . Fantastic world and objects in build and buy mode too.

4 ) Get To Work - I personally , don't use this ep that much however , I like building/playing with retail stores.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I use the CAS from Cats and Dogs more than anything! The curly hair, the sash dress, the sweater blouse and all the clothes are so well done!
    I don't own Get Together, I don't really use active careers (they can be a bit buggy for me) and festivals in apartment life end up with 4 hour loading screens and constantly annoying neighbours. I do like a smaller living space though, I always feel with a house that theres pressure to make it bigger and fill it with more, but here, I don't feel that pressure as much.

So ym two favourites are Cats and Dogs and City Living
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited March 2018
    City Living
    City Living because I like apartments so much more than houses. San Myshuno is also a beautiful world and the festivals are really fun.

Cats and Dogs would be second because being able to have pets is nice.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    City Living
    I love San Myshuno
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    Get to Work
    surprised more people don't like Get to Work since we can have jobs without rabbit holes. though i do wish there were 5-8 active careers to choose from instead of 3-4
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together is my personal favourite. I don't own Get To Work though.

I just love Windenburg. It's the perfect town if you are done with the American styled towns. Expecially the countryside is so beautiful. I also find Windenburg to be very versatile. You can have English Tudor/Bavarian/French architecture in the old town district and countryside. The community lots with the pool is more modern, and the island is really great for hideaway beach houses!
    I'm a builder and I love the build and buy in the pack. The Tudor wooden walls are very nice to have and I like the windows and doors set. I also like the natural pool decorations and the interior items.
    Also, I'm a big fan of the club system. You can literally make your Sims do anything you want. I really like that. At first I had no idea what it meant, but then I watched the LGR review and was full of ideas lol.

Cats and Dogs was fine too I guess. Nothing really special. It's nice that we have pets and the CAP is pretty cool. Also the build/buy items are fantastic. But gameplay-wise I find it boring. You can't really do much with your pets. Brindleton Bay looks nice too.

City Living I kind of regret buying. The cities are kind of cool, but you can't build your own apartments!!! That was such a huge letdown and I bought it with a big sale, but still regret it a little. The only thing I still use often is the single Victorian window that came with the pack to complete that base game set. The apartments are not so good too imo. The ceilings are way to high!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Get to Work
    I love the careers - especialy Science, and love going to work with my sim. So Get to work has to be the one I get the most out of. The retail does need more Sims 2 style renovation and behaviors though.

Cats and Dogs are second but very close to first place as I love the world and love how much cats and dogs behave and act just like so many of my real life Cats and dogs - even though I am not realism fanatic - lol, I do like the cats and dogs in this version much better than any other C&D's in any former series. The only reason it is 2 and not 1 is outside of cats and dogs well it hasn't much of a point - and sims I have there with out any pets always bores me until I move them somewhere else.

I do love Windenburg but not a fan at all of clubs, but also like the dancing and the associated skills but still 3rd on my list. The club mind set sort of ignites my freak of hive minded, controlled people. Too "Stafford Wives" kind of thing, I guess - only in this case it's Stafford Sims.

I think I watch too many horror films to do with mind control - lol.

CL really hasn't got a spot even though I enjoy taking my sims there to visit and enjoy the festivals - I really have issues with too much fakeness - too much fx - too much backdrop unreachable places - and don't even get me started in inability to have apts anywhere but there - and of course not being able to build them myself. But again it is fun to visit - I just can't seem to stay there with a sim in an apt. at all. Makes my skin crawl with all the stage decor (fakeness - like a stage play). I like pretending my sims are real little characters and I just can't do that in CL - it's jut too fake - like its elevator. Makes me seriously miss the downtowns from Sims1, Sims 2, and Sims 3. In fact CL is the only pack that I feel that way about because of all the fakeness.

My actual fav packs - that I have no dislikes at all are not an ep - but a gp - both Vampire and Jungle Adventures are amazing and nothing about either make me unhappy. Loved their worlds - love all the little touches - just every thing about them makes me want that team to make the eps or something - they simply bring me joy.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Get Together

I love Get Together and could no longer play the game without using the club system. It is just so amazing <3

- Help families and friends get together
    - Help sims gain skills in groups
    - Keep relationships going

I would cry bitter tears without my aliens but I cannot do without my clubs.

Hey @Writin_Reg Have you tried having a group with just 2 or 3 suggested actions. That way the sims just show up and do some things together but still have things to do on their own. If I make a family group that meet up at the park I often give them Be Friendly With Family, Play Cards, Hug and then I leave two free. No worries if it isn't your cup of tea, just wondered how much you have tried to bend the system to your liking.