Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Tub Deams Event

Comments

• Options
    JuttpJuttp Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="rafaeljonas;c-16396573"][quote="Kymli;c-16396455"]Played the whole event before I commented for a full view. Interesting event in that it got me playing rather obsessively (actually set timers to wake up and start the duck quests on cooldown). Very tired. Ended up 10/11, spending some cupcakes but no sim bucks. Lots of duplicate drops.

The duck and sim reward for duplicates was straight up insulting for the time spent. 3 quests (54 ducks) at 4 hours per quest is 12 hours of sim play time per bag. An untrained sim could earn 405 (135 from 3 standard tasks) currency in those 12 hours, so the reward should at least reflect that lost time.

The 18 duck reward was confusing, I suspect to get us to play more through some psych shenanigans, but it felt unrewarding.

I really want to know if anything special unlocks if you get the whole collection. Hot tub party?? Would have paid money for that.[/quote]

I completed the collection and nothing was unlocked. However some actions of the hot tub only work if you have the table and the plant.[/quote]

You completed? You got the 2 hot tub, all the chairs and plants and everything? O.o
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    edited March 2018
    Juttp wrote: »
    Kymli wrote: »
    Played the whole event before I commented for a full view. Interesting event in that it got me playing rather obsessively (actually set timers to wake up and start the duck quests on cooldown). Very tired. Ended up 10/11, spending some cupcakes but no sim bucks. Lots of duplicate drops.

The duck and sim reward for duplicates was straight up insulting for the time spent. 3 quests (54 ducks) at 4 hours per quest is 12 hours of sim play time per bag. An untrained sim could earn 405 (135 from 3 standard tasks) currency in those 12 hours, so the reward should at least reflect that lost time.

The 18 duck reward was confusing, I suspect to get us to play more through some psych shenanigans, but it felt unrewarding.

I really want to know if anything special unlocks if you get the whole collection. Hot tub party?? Would have paid money for that.

I completed the collection and nothing was unlocked. However some actions of the hot tub only work if you have the table and the plant.

You completed? You got the 2 hot tub, all the chairs and plants and everything? O.o

yes!

• Options
    Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey remember this is a brand new game. It needs time to work out the bugs. Be forgiving

This isn't no brand new game to me. I been playing it since it was on soft launch when it was only in brazil although I'm in the US. I am level 40 & my lifestyle progress is at 219,053 Snazzily Dazzling. No new game to me
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Played the whole event before I commented for a full view. Interesting event in that it got me playing rather obsessively (actually set timers to wake up and start the duck quests on cooldown). Very tired. Ended up 10/11, spending some cupcakes but no sim bucks. Lots of duplicate drops.

I really want to know if anything special unlocks if you get the whole collection. Hot tub party?? Would have paid money for that.

I completed the collection and nothing was unlocked. However some actions of the hot tub only work if you have the table and the plant.

yes!

Maybe it's luck or he's from brazil lol
  • Options
    RachPPRachPP Posts: 12 New Member
    I started out this event without having too much expectation, knowing that what we are getting would be based on luck (had similar experience in another game). So I played for fun (love events!). I was pleasantly surprised by a tub and 2 trees. I didn't get 3 items -- the wall and both men swimwear. I got lucky this time, but might not be in the next event.
    I like the idea of mystery bag and may pay for a couple of bags to join in the fun, but I wouldn't spend money to gamble heavily. If I pay money, I would like to be sure I will get what I want.
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    Got everything except one pair of men's swim trunks and the hot tub. : / Not really thrilled with the event, got a lot of duplicates and it was quite difficult to earn currency. I hope future events are better or this isn't going to hold my interest/spending.
  • Options

yes!

Yes, I'm from brazil but this don't have diference.
    I buy 3 packs with 250 simcash on this event.
    Lost my time and 24h before the event ends, I receive the hot tub and in the morning I receive the plant. And done.
    many people in North America and Europe completed the collection as well. In the last 24 hours of the event the chances of winning rare items seems to have been higher than before.
    But I expect the event style to change. I want lots of global events instead of luck. I do not want to have to deal with luck, I prefer that everyone strives and win the prizes.
  • Options
    hkadghkadg Posts: 1 New Member
    Opened 10 bags. 3 plants 2 tables 1 chair and the rest is swimwear ....Why?!
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Coreyblake wrote: »
    Are you liking our first event in The Sims Mobile?

I've got to admit, it was over too quickly, esp. since you could get duplicates of items, which in the long run meant you had nothing. I feel that the chances of actually ending up with the hottub were a bit too small.

And then I thought I could save up the ducky bucks for a next chance, only turns out the ones I still had were turned over into sim dollars.
  • Options
    cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    I got 8/11 out of the collection, no rare items :frowning:
    I got 3 plants, 1 table, 3 chairs, 1 lighted wall, bikini top, bikini bottom, uncommon swimsuit and speedo swimming thrunks + some duplicates :confused:
    So I'm missing the hot tub, rare swimsuit and swimming thrunks.
    I feel pretty disappointed by how many ducky bags I opened and still didn't got a hot tub or any rare items at all..
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • Options
    cind3r3lla wrote: »
    I got 8/11 out of the collection, no rare items :frowning:
    I got 3 plants, 1 table, 3 chairs, 1 lighted wall, bikini top, bikini bottom, uncommon swimsuit and speedo swimming thrunks + some duplicates :confused:
    So I'm missing the hot tub, rare swimsuit and swimming thrunks.
    I feel pretty disappointed by how many ducky bags I opened and still didn't got a hot tub or any rare items at all..

Complain to EA. If everybody just did that as well as me & not give up then we would get some where. I'm on my 3rd time contacting EA cause no way will I let it go of losing 7,998 sim cash on this event & no hot tubs. One voice don't count...Only lots of voices count! I hope y'all following this
  • Options
    LERIA777LERIA777 Posts: 2 New Member
    It seems like most of the players were very unhappy with the events on how the Hot Tub Dreams turned into everyone's nightmare. To me this was bad marketing on their part. They are not thinking that with so many displeased players. They will definitely lose big the next time they have an event. The fact that they could not even place them in the shop afterwards. Shows in my opinion its all about the hype and real money I see many in the forums spent. I'm trying to decide if I even want to keep this App. I don"t like games that play games. I'm sure if people stop playing or uninstall they will straighten up real quick. At that point they will lose real money. I do not think its fair to all us in the forums that did not receive all the items. And all the items are required to use all the features to even use the hot tub I heard. My daughter removed Sims mobile from her devices. Its sad that they can not even explain or apologize for the communication"issues of this event.
  • Options
    since the beginning the sims has always been a game based on adding content through expansions. I do not understand why they do not include this in the sims mobile. I would pay a lot happier for a collection that I like (hot tub dreams) instead of insisting on lucky games. No one was happy about it. It was ridiculous.
    A fair model would be to leave the event going for 1 week and who could not win for free, buy the items to complete the collection directly in the real money game. I do not want to have to limit myself to in-game events. This will end me away from the game, since I am against lot boxes.

I would pay for having an expansion of selvadorada in the sims mobile but would not like to have to attend an event to unlock this. It ends up losing the fun of the game.

Yes, I completed the collection, but I find it unfair that the other simmers did not have access to the lost content.
  • Options
    Sorry feel like I'm posting too much.
    I'm not upset. I can clear consciously say this event was borderline scam. More fine print scam.
    Logic: Items that you can receive duplicate items had specific number quantity limits. Ex. The trees had a limit of 10. Hot tub limit 2.
    Nowhere did it list you can receive multiple swimwear. I'm perfectly fine with receiving extra for other household Sims. But put a 4 next to the outfit.
    By the time you receive duplicate costumes you begin to realize that your halfway invested into the event and you've been "had". It makes me wonder, had I received 10 trees, would I still receive another tree and it be converted to the less than mediocre duplicate "reward".
    Being the first event nobody really knows the fine print but i can say clear consciously, I hope saying this doesn't affect my luck negatively in the future, this my friends was borderline fine print scam.

This is not the first event of sims mobile. It's only the first event since it launched global. When it was on soft launch had a Christmas event & more
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Sorry feel like I'm posting too much.
    I'm not upset. I can clear consciously say this event was borderline scam. More fine print scam.
    Logic: Items that you can receive duplicate items had specific number quantity limits. Ex. The trees had a limit of 10. Hot tub limit 2.
    Nowhere did it list you can receive multiple swimwear. I'm perfectly fine with receiving extra for other household Sims. But put a 4 next to the outfit.
    By the time you receive duplicate costumes you begin to realize that your halfway invested into the event and you've been "had". It makes me wonder, had I received 10 trees, would I still receive another tree and it be converted to the less than mediocre duplicate "reward".
    Being the first event nobody really knows the fine print but i can say clear consciously, I hope saying this doesn't affect my luck negatively in the future, this my friends was borderline fine print scam.

Actually it did say u can receive more of the following written in small letters it said...(Recieve one or more of the following. It was still a scam though. Please complain to EA please

Well I did not see that. So I apologize for this comment. It's still a bad concept tho. I really hope the developers play their game to get an idea of what the consumer has to do. It seems they were out of touch this go around.
    Future reference: there should be a 24 hour point redemption timer after the event ends. People have to wake up and rush the event to get their rewards before work. Again, they don't have somebody playing the game on our side it would appear.

Hope I'm doing the reply thing correctly. I'm a new player here

They don't have to play the game cause they know exactly what their doing when they gamble us. It's intentional u see
  • Options
    BD5141 wrote: »
    1. This Ducky thing robbed me!!! I played and played I ended up with 2 full solid female swim suits and 2 full 2 fabric 1 piece at which it looked like u could only get 1 each of and I also got 2 tables and 4 chairs but never got the mirror or the hot tub I feel robbed!!! Not a good way to keep a Simmer playing a game. I even bought 2 which cost 150 sim bucks a piece!!! So not only did I spend all that time on a quest but spend real money to not even get the Hot Tub or Mirror. This is bul!!!!!

I lost 7,998 in sim cash trying to get the hot tubs & I did not get no hot tubs. What does that tell u? Scam written all over it
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

yes!

Lost my time and 24h before the event ends, I receive the hot tub and in the morning I receive the plant. And done.
    many people in North America and Europe completed the collection as well. In the last 24 hours of the event the chances of winning rare items seems to have been higher than before.
    But I expect the event style to change. I want lots of global events instead of luck. I do not want to have to deal with luck, I prefer that everyone strives and win the prizes.

Here's the thing. I've been playing since it launched in US. No where near having $500 simcash. So the fact you are in Brazil does make a difference because you've been playing longer to acquire more simcash.

Bottom line, it's a scam. This coupled with pushed retirement has put me off the mobile game. I haven't played in days.
  • Options
    ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    I really hope things work out better for you next event @Tiffany562411
    I'm pretty happy with my four walls and four tress no hot tub. I just feel bad for yourself and other players who spent a ton of money with not much to show for it.

The luck concept really is the equalizer.
    How do you get free players excited about an event? Add in the ducky bucks currency reward system. If everyone could win with ducky bucks then how would they sell their product? Introduce luck.

On a side note I feel stupid for realizing that Sims mobile has actually been out for a year already. *que violin*

Hope they release the hot tub for you at a later time.

Add me on Sims mobile!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    orkhid22 wrote: »

yes!

Here's the thing. I've been playing since it launched in US. No where near having $500 simcash. So the fact you are in Brazil does make a difference because you've been playing longer to acquire more simcash.

Bottom line, it's a scam. This coupled with pushed retirement has put me off the mobile game. I haven't played in days.

Hi orkhid22 I'm in the US & I been playing since it was only in brazil. I lost 7,998 in sim cash trying to get the hot tubs & I got no hot tubs. Ya definite scam. It don't matter how long u been playing or what u got or how much u play. I'm maxed level 40 & my LifeStyle progress 220,422 Snazzily Dazzling & I have 39 heirlooms & I have 313,148 simoleons. As I said it don't matter when u started or how much u play. The event was just a pure scam. Maybe EA favored brazil & maybe others except US
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I'm pretty happy with my four walls and four tress no hot tub. I just feel bad for yourself and other players who spent a ton of money with not much to show for it.

How do you get free players excited about an event? Add in the ducky bucks currency reward system. If everyone could win with ducky bucks then how would they sell their product? Introduce luck.

On a side note I feel stupid for realizing that Sims mobile has actually been out for a year already. *que violin*

Add me on Sims mobile!

What's your friend code so I can add u. Need help finding it. Just ask me
  • Options
    orkhid22 wrote: »

yes!

There's no difference. I never stucked simcash because whenever I had, I spent buying more cupcakes for energy.
    I spent real money during the event.

In fact, I lost my first account and just over a month before the game's worldwide launch I had to start over because I had a problem that prevented my family from advancing (a yes was stuck in the frame and never disappeared!)

Anyway, it does not matter if you live in Brazil, Spain or any other country that had an early release. This event was problematic and who managed to finish it, do it was because spent real money and time on game.
    there is no advantage at all.
  • Options
    ElissiaElissia Posts: 5 New Member
    I ended up with 3 tables and only 1 chair.. not sure what I'm supposed to do with it all now. No Hot Tub sadly, and not all of the swimsuits.
    It was a very poor ratio when receiving a duplicate item to only get a few ducky bucks after spending 50. They should reward you for getting duplicates because it acknowledges that you've been playing more.
    I really hope the next event is better
  • Options
    ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    [quote="Tiffany562411;c-16401388"][quote="ForumExplorer;c-16400972"]I really hope things work out better for you next event @Tiffany562411

Add me on Sims mobile! [/quote]

What's your friend code so I can add u. Need help finding it. Just ask me[/quote]

F73KY4T :smiley:
  • Options

Add me on Sims mobile!

Ok I sent u a friend invitation. My user name is the same as it is on here so u will know it's me. Let me know if anything goes wrong
  • Options

Add me on Sims mobile!

Ok I sent u a friend invitation. My user name is the same as it is on here so u will know it's me. Let me know if anything goes wrong

ForumExplorer What's your user name so I know which one u are in my friends list cause It says we are friends when I tested it by sending u a 2nd friend invitation but I have no clue which one u are cause u have a different name in game than on here