The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Tub Deams Event

Comments

• ampeddegonampeddegon Posts: 17 Member
    My sim was doing the Spa Snacks event at the restaurant when she retired. I didn't get my rewards (wasn't expecting to, she didn't finish it), but now it's not available for another 6 hours, as if she HAD done it and I got the rewards. I can't send one of my other family members to do the task now. Very annoying.
  • ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    *For Serious Review and Game Change Purposes Only*
    Was really hoping the 15 time would be the charm. Still no hot tub. So I'm convincing myself that I don't really need one. Note* The woo-hoo option and the idea that everyone can woo-hoo in your own private hot tub is actually quite repulsive. Not that it can be changed. Itslike walking around town in a speedo. Pick your poison.

Positives. Hot tub looks good. I'm really impressed with the wall illuminations. Easily one of the best decorations in the game so far.
    The tree color options are nice as well.

The duplicate fix was not what people were looking for. The coding "fix" should have completely removed option to receive the duplicate swimsuit in total or not at all given how disappointing the duplicate reward gift is. That's apparent in the negative reviews in the commend section.
    In the future would NOT like to see duckie bucks or sim cash (we will refer to these as currencies) as a reward. Makes no sense to add currencies as reward if the reward is substantially less than the accumulated reward.

I understand there has to be some luck or chance for in game rewards. Izzy's shop employs this tactic beautifully and the costumes are usually well worth the gems. Please don't make this game all about gambling.

Ducky event review grade 8 of 10
    Great way to kick off the spring and the rewards all in all were worth the time invested to attain them. Excited to see what is next.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    ampeddegon wrote: »
    My sim was doing the Spa Snacks event at the restaurant when she retired. I didn't get my rewards (wasn't expecting to, she didn't finish it), but now it's not available for another 6 hours, as if she HAD done it and I got the rewards. I can't send one of my other family members to do the task now. Very annoying.

That's messed up. U should contact EA cause seems u gotta wait 6 hours then u should have got the rewards even if your retired sim didn't finish
  • UKChubUKChub Posts: 3 New Member
    When is the Hot tub going to come? EA Maxis? So many ppls still can't it and they spend quite alot of money. The random system is so wrong. Just give them please. Thanks.
    edited March 2018
    UKChub wrote: »
    When is the Hot tub going to come? EA Maxis? So many ppls still can't it and they spend quite alot of money. The random system is so wrong. Just give them please. Thanks.

Contact EA. They told me the more players they get complaining about the issues of this event is when they will do something about it. So please go do that
  • livingforwardslivingforwards Posts: 144 Member
    A tub as a promised and delivered prize for completing 9 levels of Ducky Lameness would’ve taken the sting out of all the other annoyances. Why do we need multiple speedos with only 2 people per household and no tub??.?.? Next event needs to be much better thought out and worth playing. I’m done with this one now.
  • FluffyBlondeFluffyBlonde Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't say I care for this type of quest. It's too tough to get anything of use for the time you spend trying to get it.
    I can't say I care for this type of quest. It's too tough to get anything of use for the time you spend trying to get it.

Tough ain't the word. It's extremely ridiculously impossible is the word. Dirty crucial event it is. I knew it was impossible from the moment it started. Just by observing it & I'm like nah this ain't gonna work. I'm so upset about this one. Wow so unfair
  • PariahDMPariahDM Posts: 3 New Member
    It looks like pretty much no one (or extremely rare) has gotten the hot tub without spending SimCash.

I am still short one Swim Item and the Hot Tub. I have used at least 10 Cupcakes for the energy to speed things up a bit so the 6 hour timer can be favorable but alas no luck.

The really sad part is that I am 100% expecting what happened in Freeplay.
    "Oh darn you were so close but don't worry. As a surprise (no, not in the least) we'll let you spend real money to get the reward you were so close to."
    edited March 2018
    PariahDM wrote: »
    It looks like pretty much no one (or extremely rare) has gotten the hot tub without spending SimCash.

I am still short one Swim Item and the Hot Tub. I have used at least 10 Cupcakes for the energy to speed things up a bit so the 6 hour timer can be favorable but alas no luck.

The really sad part is that I am 100% expecting what happened in Freeplay.
    "Oh darn you were so close but don't worry. As a surprise (no, not in the least) we'll let you spend real money to get the reward you were so close to."

I spent sim cash & cupcakes & I did not get no hot tub. All I got was duplicates of chairs & tables & trees & those window looking things. SFP rewards are always possible with or without money. Only sometimes u may have to pay to unlock something but it's not expensive
  • SamV97SamV97 Posts: 1 New Member
    Instead of random prizes, there should be option to buy with ducks. I have got many duplicates, and my collection won't ever complete because of this. If you cannot make that change then atleast remove duplication.
  • Mariogamer188Mariogamer188 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Coreyblake;d-937087"]Are you liking our first event in The Sims Mobile?[/quote]

Hey i have finally got the hot tub but i cant change into swimwear that i earned. Can someone tell me how to do that or is it just some bug that they forgot to fix
  • rickrayrickray Posts: 5 New Member
    Did they make it easier to get hot tub now? I just got it after so many attempts
    rickray wrote: »
    Did they make it easier to get hot tub now? I just got it after so many attempts

I doubt it. I think u just got lucky is all
  • KaleesiKaleesi Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly your event sucked.

Multiple duplicates of the same thing over and over even when you maxed out on that item. I grinded and paid almost 100+ dollars in simcash on the last day and got no hot tub. I must've opened almost 50+ bags.

It's frustrating, makes me want my money back. The chances are honestly terrible. Fix your game EA.

I love how you can get not one, but two hot tubs and I managed to get [b]NONE.[/b] :|
  • JuttpJuttp Posts: 2 New Member
    I spent 15000 ducks and didn't get the hot tub. Disappointed!! Got all the swuimsuits but nowhere to show them...
    And giving only 2 ducks for an item you already have is lame considering it takes a lot of effort to earn ducks
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    something happened from yesterday to today because I saw a lot of people hot tubs (I even got one yesterday in my first and last round of the day before going to sleep).

But I hope the upcoming events are not like this. It should be about the community if it helps to release the prizes and everyone wins, not having to deal with luck.
  • SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    > @Mariogamer188 said:
    > [quote="Coreyblake;d-937087"]Are you liking our first event in The Sims Mobile?[/quote]
    >
    > Hey i have finally got the hot tub but i cant change into swimwear that i earned. Can someone tell me how to do that or is it just some bug that they forgot to fix

Congrats on getting the hot tub!

How are you trying to change into swimwear? There are two ways. The first is to change your appearance. The second is by tapping the hot tub and selecting an action. That will automatically change you into a random bathing suit.
  • FeferGreenCeciliaFeferGreenCecilia Posts: 11 New Member
    I got the hot tub after 5 attempts.
    Tiffany, I was friends with you on the game. U have disapered. R u still playing it?
    Juttp wrote: »
    I spent 15000 ducks and didn't get the hot tub. Disappointed!! Got all the swuimsuits but nowhere to show them...
    And giving only 2 ducks for an item you already have is lame considering it takes a lot of effort to earn ducks

EA told me if they get enough complaints about this event then that's the only way they will do something about it. In other words he said my voice is not enough. I'm not letting this go. Even after the event ends I'm not letting it go. I feel so scammed out of my real money & cupcakes & sim cash. Please complain to EA as well as I have already & don't let it go as well as I won't. We should all stick together on this as a team to get what we paid for. This event is so impossible & unfair
  • TutuyutuTutuyutu Posts: 1 New Member
    Played non-stop and never had the hot tub. I cannot believe some may have 1 or 2 (especially after few attempts ... with ducky bags). LOL
    edited March 2018
    :/ I ran out of ducky bucks not enough time to get more & no hot tub :'(
    edited March 2018
    Sim can't be bare foot in bikini...wow so lame. Ridiculous & makes no sense.
    Now about me not getting the full set. I'm going complain again. No hot tubs seriously. O no I'm not letting this go. I want what I paid for. I worked hard since the event started & spent real money & lots of sim cash & lots of cupcakes & I didn't get no sleep cause I wanted this whole set with the 2 hot tubs so bad. I'm so angry & upset
    7,998 sim cash all for nothing
  • ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    Closing statement.
    Oh you don't like duplicate swim wear?
    How about we give you 2 ducky bucks and 1 sim cash. Even tho you spent 35 sim cash rushing and 5 cupcakes completing.
    Rewards should be that, rewards. Anything received less than the time and effort applied is not.
    Think refund next time and a lot less gold sink.
    Would like to see EA say hey, we messed up. Here is some compensation rewards