Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    If you use the clothes line too much the line will snap.
    39987782665_ec1c37ab93_b.jpg

A sim with a decent handiness skill can upgrade the clothesline to be unbreakable :smile:
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @Celticgamer0 Had my sims upgrade it to iron line. :3
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    That if your sims have placed fireworks on their lot, at least the first time they woohoo, the fireworks will go off!

didn´t know that! How funny
  • spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Can someone tell me if it's normal that the "group photo" function of the photo studio only allows a picture of two sims at a time? Because that's not my definition of a "group". This photography stuff gets more disappointing every time I try to do something with it.

Only 2 people. There's a work-around by using the portable cameras and turning on bb.moveobjects to place chairs in the photo studio. Good luck with getting everyone's pose and attention though.
    Otherwise cc poses and the portable camera are an option, but not my most preferred option.

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    A sim with a decent handiness skill can upgrade the clothesline to be unbreakable :smile:

Really? The only upgrade it ever allowed me was to make it fire-resistant. :o
    Can someone tell me if it's normal that the "group photo" function of the photo studio only allows a picture of two sims at a time? Because that's not my definition of a "group". This photography stuff gets more disappointing every time I try to do something with it.

Only 2 people. There's a work-around by using the portable cameras and turning on bb.moveobjects to place chairs in the photo studio. Good luck with getting everyone's pose and attention though.
    Otherwise cc poses and the portable camera are an option, but not my most preferred option.

Okay, thanks! Guess it's cc poses for me then, because I really want a photo of the entire family on the wall. Oh, I wish move_objects still worked on sims too...

Does it really say "group photo" in the English version of the game too? Because I thought, maybe it's just a stupid translation...
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member

Really? The only upgrade it ever allowed me was to make it fire-resistant. :o

Okay, thanks! Guess it's cc poses for me then, because I really want a photo of the entire family on the wall. Oh, I wish move_objects still worked on sims too...

Does it really say "group photo" in the English version of the game too? Because I thought, maybe it's just a stupid translation...

Someone did a guide on how to get them all seated and smiling using a television.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    When teen sims are going through the “Time to Wear Black” +50 Sad mood swing, the “Cry it Out” option available on a bed is instead “Dramatically Cry About Life”. I had a good laugh when I saw that! :lol:
  • simerizersimerizer Posts: 38 Member
    Those friends that we ask for a loan ($2500) never care to ask for their money back, I wish that were the same in real life.
    The Grilled Cheese aspiration is the coolest, after completing this, they can summon grilled cheese wherever they are - pure golden magic!
    When a toddler is sad they can give dogs comforting hugs. It doesn't really do much but lower their sadness by a little and increase their relationship with their pet.

When my sim finished her Archaeology lecture, her audiences looked at her in awe and then they clapped, she was so proud. I'm happy to find out a new interaction with its own animation like that.
  • OneSweetPotatoOneSweetPotato Posts: 17 Member
    New to the forum and just found this thread and thought I'd share (not sure if it's been posted before?)

Do you guys know about the hidden lots in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs?

If you talk/water the tree near Crick Cabana eventually you can go through it. If your sim has lvl 10 handiness then they can open the mine shaft behind the park in Oasis Springs.
  • oldaccountnotworkingoldaccountnotworking Posts: 21 Member
    > @simerizer said:
    > The Grilled Cheese aspiration is the coolest, after completing this, they can summon grilled cheese wherever they are - pure golden magic!

Woah.
  • oldaccountnotworkingoldaccountnotworking Posts: 21 Member
    > @simerizer said:
    > Those friends that we ask for a loan ($2500) never care to ask for their money back, I wish that were the same in real life.

True, but I've heard that there is an option to pay them back, and you cannot borrow more until this is done. Also it required a certain amount of charisma, so useless in the early stages of a game despite high relationships with another Sim
    @oldaccountnotworking My sim maxed out Charisma but sometimes she still got rejected, so I usually wait until the Good Friend notification to ask since it's quite risky. Although I also have seen that when the conversation is heading up in the right direction and the other sim is in good mood, they can give out a loan even when the relationship bar is at one third. I would usually Ask For Small Loan first (500) and the 2000 soon after if the first one got through and surely they cannot borrow anymore but the NPC can not give more than that either, that's why I am trying out LittleMsSam credit card mod, a little more realistic because it carries a small interest (10%) and my household fund definitely got deducted daily ;)
    Ah, I forgot to add I did not know my bill could climb to the level of 80K simoleon, maybe the sim gods are jealous of those sparkling Omiscan emeralds and masks in my inventory. But on the other hand, the Appraiser reward trait is ridiculously profitable, my sims bought those Llama toes fossils at 30 apiece at the Selvadorada market and sold to the Simsonia Museum 10 times of that AT LEAST.
    If you have a pet cat and don't have a liter box on the lot the cat will run away and if you have a dog who is loyal and don't give them enough attention they will run away too.
    When your sim's pet runs away it also gives them a sad moodlet until the pet returns home.

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Not too sure if this was mentioned or not but apparently this fence has a slot on it.
    40968090722_4ce9a4a6a2_b.jpg
    And no I didn't have move objects on, I was just dragging the plate from downstairs and it went up there as I passed by so I put it back...I wonder if other fences have random slots.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @RedDestiny92 They also can put them on the flat surfaces of half walls.

@BMSO that one I knew about though I still forget to put anything on them :) never had food snapping to any fences though.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • hananiehananie Posts: 2 New Member
    coool
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I learned that if the parent or caretaker dies before they become teen and there isn't a teen or older in the household its game over and you don't get to choose to play with a new family for that Sim. It's one reason I hate playing with a household with babies, tots and kids. I learned experience for some things does not disappear for an aspiration even if you erased a sim that helped your sim accomplish that part of the aspiration.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • JCatJCat Posts: 1 New Member
    > @RedDestiny92 said:
    > Not too sure if this was mentioned or not but apparently this fence has a slot on it.
    >
    > And no I didn't have move objects on, I was just dragging the plate from downstairs and it went up there as I passed by so I put it back...I wonder if other fences have random slots.

Some fences, all half walls, and some bookcases allow small objects to be placed on top. It's one of my favorite ways to add real life detail to my lots
    I had seen the motivational book, I think that's confident but I didn't know there was a specific sad book too also it apparently has two different covers.
    41040773352_a4aa8ec91e_b.jpg
    27211382008_125963b99b_b.jpg
    Also I tend to age up babies immediately I never knew if you show off the babies it forms a relationship between them and the other sim.
    27211382908_3b1d2f0f4a_b.jpg
    Aged him up after and found his family except an uncle that wouldn't come see lol, I got him in though.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Sims can’t have a baby while on vacation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top