Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Mods, No Sale!!

pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
If I can't even use the gallery the same way I can on PC, then nope not gonna buy the PS4 version, it would be great if mods like MCC worked on the PS4 version, so I could retain some control.. I use MCC to flag the selected sims to NEVER AGE, or never lose motivation stats..

I would like EA to look how Bethesda made Fallout 4 get mods, see what they could do as far as having EA approved mods on PS4.. Then use a gallery to download the mods into the game.. Just a suggestion..
Huge Sim Fanatic

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    It doesn't need mods it just needs the gallery. Its not the PC version and I doubt you would want to corrupt your console with all the mods that break.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited February 2018
    Like Pepperjax said, we don't need corrupt games on console.
    Bethesda has mod problems itself. Just needs gallary in the game.
    [
  • Johnvincent1229Johnvincent1229 Posts: 24 Member
    please just add the gallery to sims 4 and mods
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    EA allows for mods via PC, but does not recommend/encourage the use of them. Same with custom content. I don't see them changing their mind on that. It gives warning every time the script mod option is enabled via PC.

Also a shared console gallery might be considered cross console play between consoles. I suspect if a gallery for consoles comes to light, it will be have to be console specific (so 1 for xbox and 1 for ps4). That would mean servers for 3 different mediums.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    EA allows for mods via PC, but does not recommend/encourage the use of them. Same with custom content. I don't see them changing their mind on that. It gives warning every time the script mod option is enabled via PC.

Also a shared console gallery might be considered cross console play between consoles. I suspect if a gallery for consoles comes to light, it will be have to be console specific (so 1 for xbox and 1 for ps4). That would mean servers for 3 different mediums.
    I don't want to have CC or mods corrupting my Xbox One.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

I don't want to have CC or mods corrupting my Xbox One.

And just like with PC Sims, you don't have to add it to your game if you don't want it. Just because they put the ability to download Sims from the gallery and add mods doesn't mean that they get onto your console without your permission.

I can understand CC and mods, that's actually not all that uncommon with console games and not being able to mod them or add custom items. Could be more a console limitation than game limitation.

However, if they can figure out a way to do cross-console gallery, then I'd be fine with the gallery going up. I'm sure console players would love it as PC gives better control of facial features.
  • SyberSimmer_616SyberSimmer_616 Posts: 1 New Member
    One of the Simsgurus tweeted the gallery is currently in the works for consoles, so keep your eyes peeled. I've blown over $100 on this game as is within the past three months so The Gallery better be free. They seem too content with making console players 2nd class citizens.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    One of the Simsgurus tweeted the gallery is currently in the works for consoles, so keep your eyes peeled. I've blown over $100 on this game as is within the past three months so The Gallery better be free. They seem too content with making console players 2nd class citizens.

I think it will be free. It is something that they advertise from the PC game so why not add it into the console version if it was the same experience? I kinda think the reason on having less features was because this was arrived late. 2017. I don't think console gamers are going the latest packs unless its a big seller cough cats and dogs cough and they will prioritize the older packs first. Still console gets new pack to forward to every month, where areas on PC we have a dry spell. I even doubt pc will get a new pack this month.
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    Yeah I definitely won't be buying the Sims on console again. We paid full price and get not even half the game. And seeing my PC is for work and not gaming, I just won't own another Sims game I guess ha
  • FelizFeliz Posts: 65 Member
    shotbyron wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely won't be buying the Sims on console again. We paid full price and get not even half the game. And seeing my PC is for work and not gaming, I just won't own another Sims game I guess ha

What do you mean half the game is missing? Besides mod support and gallery (which we’ve been told is coming) I can’t see what else is missing?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    A game shouldn't need mods to be a good game. Mods fill in what Devs miss.

I agree about the Gallery though. Now that consoles are online so much there's no reason why they shouldn't be set up.

Really though, whatever you may consider is missing (which is a lot), you're getting no less than if you were playing PC.

And don't feel too badly like you're second class citizens. Partly because, since your Sims 4 is a port from the PC, you kind of are. ;) And also because in EA's eyes, we're ALL second class citizens.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Bayne1Bayne1 Posts: 3 New Member
    please just add the gallery to sims 4 and mods
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think if you want to have mods on Console, you'll first have to find console modders.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I think it would be cool to have the option for those that want to use mods but i don't see this happening, not anytime soon anyway.
  • Wysocki94Wysocki94 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm pretty sure you can edit your sims ability to age or not in the settings. You don't need a mod to turn off aging.
  • LollilsavageLollilsavage Posts: 1 New Member
    I think that console should have CC I always see Pc players on YouTube and they use Cc all th3 time and I think “ wow I want Cc! But my Pc is crap and I dont know how to get the sims on there.” Pc players always get more than Console players (what’s so special about computers and laptops and keyboards? Controllers Are cool too! I guess)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top