March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Glad you liked it @mannanna @maryjane2joe :) Thanks!
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #90 - East Meets West
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: La Belle Asie
    LOT COST: N/A (§4,000)
    LOT NAME: Blue Velvet Nightclub
    BUILD COST: §77,486
    TOTAL COST: N/A (§81,486)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the architecture and interior, I decided to use a modern Japanese æsthetic with contrasting dark and light woods and natural stone and brick with pops of red. I also used decorative elements from various Asian cultures.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, thank you.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

igVFXm3.png
    zDuBf8M.png
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2018
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AA730189288E11E8852638E726CE10E3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 4,000
    BUILD COST: 77,433
    TOTAL COST: 81,433
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/VWuYi
    ENTRY DETAILS: EurAsian is a modern eatery fusing European and Asian cuisine. Inside you will find an explosion of bright colors that represents the explosion of flavor on your palette. Marketed towards young adults the architecture is modern, uncluttered and crisp with just a touch of Asian decor.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    QMiEqC1.png
    IJWePmJ.png
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    @StSciurus ..very modern - I Love it!!
    @gmcrozier ..yours makes me hungry!! I love it too
    285JXDb.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you so much, @maryjane2joe ! There are some pretty fabulous looking restaurants this time around, including yours! :smiley:
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    FORUM ID:VagueNightmare
    ORIGIN ID:FailureCloud
    LEVEL:Intermediate(MOO/Alt/bb.)
    LOT: h.t.t.p.s://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/22DC56BA28E911E886AD4B57E267D701?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FailureCloud&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: The Blue Velvet Nightclub
    BUILD COST:76,039
    TOTAL COST: 80,039
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/a/yAxdq (please let me know if this works or not since im not a full member yet)
    ENTRY DETAILS: The King and Pie is an industrial-esq asian themed restaurant that brings in both the modern look of European restaurants with the pop of color inspired by asian culture that comes together for a unique look. Unique look and unique food and great atmosphere whats not to love about this restaurant?! **(the random lone counter that leads to the door to the patio area is for a waiter cleaning area, as is the podium in the waiting area. I DO NOT have Dine Out so some things will need to be changed!!!)**
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Picture 1
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/Ykvgy7T

Picture 2
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/IljThaV
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0CE9CEAA29B911E889EF650268EC9136?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 4000
    LOT NAME: Blue Velvet
    BUILD COST: 78,434
    TOTAL COST: 82,434
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/eTB2e
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cina Italia is an upscale, yet relaxed fine dining restaurant which offers a unique blend of Eastern Asian and Italian cuisine. The restaurant is designed with an open flow from inside to the al fresco dining area. From the stunning gardens throughout, to the impressive fountains, the beauty and allure is a sight to behold.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    i.imgur.com/bkGvBQ5.jpg
    i.imgur.com/w56ZP7V.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    LOT: www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0CE9CEAA29B911E889EF650268EC9136?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 4000
    LOT NAME: Blue Velvet
    BUILD COST: 78,434
    TOTAL COST: 82,434
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/eTB2e
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cina Italia is an upscale, yet relaxed fine dining restaurant which offers a unique blend of Eastern Asian and Italian cuisine. The restaurant is designed with an open flow from inside to the al fresco dining area. From the stunning gardens throughout, to the impressive fountains, the beauty and allure is a sight to behold.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

bkGvBQ5.jpg

w56ZP7V.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    FORUM ID:VagueNightmare
    ORIGIN ID:FailureCloud
    LEVEL:Intermediate(MOO/Alt/bb.)
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/22DC56BA28E911E886AD4B57E267D701?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FailureCloud&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: The Blue Velvet Nightclub
    BUILD COST:76,039
    TOTAL COST: 80,039
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/yAxdq (please let me know if this works or not since im not a full member yet)
    ENTRY DETAILS: The King and Pie is an industrial-esq asian themed restaurant that brings in both the modern look of European restaurants with the pop of color inspired by asian culture that comes together for a unique look. Unique look and unique food and great atmosphere whats not to love about this restaurant?! **(the random lone counter that leads to the door to the patio area is for a waiter cleaning area, as is the podium in the waiting area. I DO NOT have Dine Out so some things will need to be changed!!!)**
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Picture 1

Ykvgy7T.png

Picture 2
    IljThaV.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Hi and welcome to Build n Share @ShadowFairy74 and @VagueNightmare!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you FairhofKaela! This will be my first Build and share but second challenge. I’ve also done a QC challenge as well!
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Congratulations to @gmcrozier and @Kementari on being Maxis Fave'd for BnS#88 - A Fairy Tale Cottage <3

flHkcyP.png

And to @gmcrozier (again!) and @leochick123 for being Maxis Fave'd for BnS#89 - Hawthorne Project VIII :)

dNa3i7X.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • MsLeoMsLeo Posts: 29 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID:MsLeo
    ORIGIN ID:classic1955_leo
    LOT: The Silk Palace
    LOT COST:$2,000.
    BUILD COST:$50,214.
    TOTAL COST: $52,214.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/qHx5P
    ENTRY DETAILS: My East/West Restaurant, opening night. Doing real well so far. Owners are on site enjoying the company.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but the listing states it is 'modded'. I did use MOO and enlarged a few things.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    Oh wow! I had no idea lol, and my very first one too :D Congrats @gmcrozier aswell!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis favs, @gmcrozier @Kementari @leochick123 !
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Awesome news on the Maxis favs, well done @gmcrozier, @Kementari and @leochick123.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    !!YAY!! Congrats to Everyone on the Max Fav!! And.... AWESOME builds too... I Love it!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member

FORUM ID: Kementari
    ORIGIN ID: Kementari1771

LOT: Palais de Fusion
    LOT COST: NA
    BUILD COST: $79704
    TOTAL COST: $79704

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: SIMplicity Blog
    ENTRY DETAILS: I tried to go with "Frenchish" architecture with hints of Asian in the decor. The front room has multiple functions. There is a bar where you can wait for your table or pop in for a esspresso and a pastry late night, a waiting area for takeout orders and display cases with all the yummy pastrys for off the street customers and the hostess station. It could easily be switched over to a retail bakery if you wanted.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    31.jpg

1.jpg
  • MsLeoMsLeo Posts: 29 Member
    FORUM ID:MsLeo
    ORIGIN ID:classic1955_leo
    LEVEL:Beginner
    LOT: The Silk Palace
    LOT COST:N/A
    BUILD COST:$54,445
    TOTAL COST: N/A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6A9A48402A3911E88EC1F880C0D922AF
    ENTRY DETAILS: My first restaurant build. It's pretty simple but quite functional. Play tested and it all works well.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Listing says it is modded but it is not. I did use MOO and enlarged a few objects.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Won't allow me post pics or link for Imgur
    @BuildnShare ...just wanted to say... I LOVE all the challenges you give us... and I LOVE everyone here who enters and/or comments to us... this is really fun.. enjoyable.. and everyone is so very nice.. THANK - YOU for making this possible.. I LOVE everything here and ALL the entries are absolutely Remarkable and Beautiful... just thanks is really all I wanted to say.. to everyone too. It's nice feeling to be able to come here and enter the challenges and have nice people all over the place :smiley:
    285JXDb.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    FORUM ID: Kittkat7147
    ORIGIN ID: Kittkat7147
    LOT: Wasabi Bistro
    LOT COST: n/a
    BUILD COST: 79, 996
    TOTAL COST: n/a
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/VnuIc
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I knew I wanted to do a modern take on East Meets West with Asian-inspired elements rather than traditional Asian architecture. The architecture has wood siding mixed with concrete and steel. I thought the wood siding was reminiscent of traditional Japanese wooden structures . Inside, the furniture has a mix traditional western elements, such as the banquettes, and more modern modern ones like the glass tables and glass-top bar while the decorative elements have an Asian flair. There's an exhibition kitchen which means the food preparation process is part of the dining experience for patrons. In keeping with this, the food served is "Experimental" which sounded most like the Sims version of "Fusion" to me.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course :)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

q5sEZ7R.png

YeS5o1x.png

• TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    @Kementari your build is amazing!!
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: CaramelLibra29
    ORIGIN ID: CaramelLibra29
    HOUSEHOLD: East Meets West
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    LINK TO GALLERY: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lots of notes in the slideshow.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Poses by #SakuraLeon for photos

tuuBD29.jpg
    4qhrNeL.png
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    The builds for this challenge are all so diverse! I love how everyone built something so unique and different than everyone else. Great jobs!
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited March 2018
    FORUM ID: abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT: La Zui Hao Restaurant
    LOT COST: n/a
    BUILD COST: 78,237
    TOTAL COST: n/a
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157664945488417
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/69DFFC272E0611E88052650268EC9136?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The building is more dedicated to the western builds and the inside is more eastern. The name means "The best Restaurant" :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: SHO, ignoregameplay, MOO, debug and play tested :)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

0ooYOcV.png

NB I am very late with my entry and will only be able to present a slide show tomorrow. If my entry is not accepted this way I will understand :)

Edit - I want to apologize that my slide show was done in quite a hurry and it could be lacking. :D
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top