Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just found this mod I NEED to show you!

Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
Just a short disclaimer, all the credit to this mod goes to gamefreak130 on modthesims, I was just too impressed to just let it pass by!

I was bored by the loading screens of Sunset Valley and the store neighborhoods because they were all just the same. With this mod by gamefreak130, you not only have individual loading screens for all the store worlds, but are also able (with S3PE) to change the loading screens of custom worlds as well!

modthesims.info/download.php?t=607511

I'm just posting it here because I found this so awesome, and I think many of you would like it too, so if it's in the wrong section, feel free to move it.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Just a slight warning if I may. The new mod referenced is a Core Mod, a relatively rare beast in the world of TS3. There are only five other Core Mods out there in common usage. If you want to try this, be very careful to get the version compatible with your patch level (this is where 1.67 vs. 1.69 makes a difference), install type, and other Core Mods you might already have. Mismatched Core Mod versions can cause the game to fail on startup or worse, can ruin ongoing game saves.

If you use AwesomeMod in particular, the version you require is still being tested at the time I am posting this and is available through a link in the discussion section for that mod. The two Core Mods from NRaas, ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey, and the one by Consort do not present an issue. Cmar's XCAS requires some special handling as explained on the mod's description page.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2018
    It only takes about 1 minute for SV and the other EA worlds (and my current game) to load for me and I just do the "find the item" little game for lifetime reward points while it does so I don't mind it. I am always building on my Sims lifetime rewards points.
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    Why take the risk, just go do something else until you hear the loading music stop ;)
    Firby nurbs!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    Why take the risk, just go do something else until you hear the loading music stop ;)

Because some people don't have long enough load times to warrant doing something else.

And there's hardly any risk with this mod. Not anymore than with any other core mod out there.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Thats really neat! I usually play on my phone while I wait, but sometimes I look at what's happening. I like the one thats for Sunset Valley I think, that looks like the edge of a pool with some scenery in the back? I might be remembering it wrong.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I saw this on MTS and thought it was pretty cool. If my load times were long enough but they aren't so I probably won't try this out but again... super cool someone modded this. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Btw, the mod doesn't do anything bad to your game as long as you install the right version. Have it in my game since yesterday and it works nicely ;)

I like to build stuff
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would try it out if there was a version compatible with both XCAS and awesomemod for 167 on Origin as I can't remove the other Mods since awsomemod fixes one major routing issue with schools and stops overcrowding in them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I saw this when it was realeased, and thought, yay! :D Then I continued reading and core-mod started blinking red alert so I just let it be. It seems pretty awesome, but I'm very cautious when it comes to mods that I don't really need to get my game going smoothly... I just do something else while it's loading anyway! :p
    NymlADp.jpg
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I saw this too in Mod The Sims, one thing I didn't understand - is this to replace the loadind screen of the game before the saves show up, or the loadind screen after starting a save (which replaces the interactive loading screens)?
    Also, what if I have a few store worlds, which one will it choose?
    I saw this too in Mod The Sims, one thing I didn't understand - is this to replace the loadind screen of the game before the saves show up, or the loadind screen after starting a save (which replaces the interactive loading screens)?
    Also, what if I have a few store worlds, which one will it choose?

It replaces the loading screens you have after you loaded or started a save. The first loading screen right after you started the game isn't changed by this mod @Avatarit. But I think you need to deactivate the interactive loading screens for them to show up at all (have them always disabled, so I don't know for sure). If you have store worlds and didn't change anything with S3PE and just placed the mod in your packages folder, the loading screens as seen on the mod's page on MTS will show up. You can change them though.

I like to build stuff
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Always kind of regretted they didn't do a seperate loading screen for the different worlds, so as such I really like this mod. Not enough to install it myself, but real nice someone created this for folks who do. (I do have the mod that let's you choose the pack loading screen because I got tired of the boring ITF one)
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Always kind of regretted they didn't do a seperate loading screen for the different worlds, so as such I really like this mod. Not enough to install it myself, but real nice someone created this for folks who do. (I do have the mod that let's you choose the pack loading screen because I got tired of the boring ITF one)

@JoAnne65 Do you have a link for this mod? I already installed another start loading screen, but it definitely becomes boring after a while, and I love the Late Night one and would love to have it again!

I like to build stuff
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

@JoAnne65 Do you have a link for this mod? I already installed another start loading screen, but it definitely becomes boring after a while, and I love the Late Night one and would love to have it again!
    Yes, it's in the OP of this topic (I'll link the topic in case you appreciate reading the advice others gave me :)). I've always regretted I had to say goodbye to loading screens, the last one being so dull ;) I've got Seasons installed at the moment.
    5JZ57S6.png

Yes, it's in the OP of this topic (I'll link the topic in case you appreciate reading the advice others gave me :)). I've always regretted I had to say goodbye to loading screens, the last one being so dull ;) I've got Seasons installed at the moment.

Thank you so much for this! Finally I can have my Late Night screen back (the prettiest in my opinion :) ).

I like to build stuff
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    thanks for thr answer @Huiiie_07
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I like the idea of it,
    However I usually use the 15-20 minute load time to play Freeplay on my phone so I don't even look at it.

I do however have a mod that changes the start up strings to star trek related things. It's quite nice with the ITF background, and I always get a kick out if seeing "Infuriating Klingons..." and "Beaming Scotty Up..."

Thank you so much for this! Finally I can have my Late Night screen back (the prettiest in my opinion :) ).
    You’re welcome, glad I could help :smiley: I don’t remember the LN screen, maybe it’s time to replace Seasons and reintroduce ourselves after al those years.
    5JZ57S6.png