Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    edited March 2018
    I can be proud to say I do not know those "celebrities" as well. Asked my teenager and she did not even know them.

Most teenagers are familiar with both. Based on your comments about your strict conservative and moral values I doubt it would be acceptable television viewing in your household. :)
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I know who Maddie Ziegler is from the Sia music video's and I believe she used to be in a dance show or television series about dancing?
    It is odd that she and the other girl were asked to promote this one out of all the released packs so far. I wonder why this certain pack gets a famous girl to promote it? Is it to Change the image of the pack? Are the sales numbers bad?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @simgirl1010

Just because it is not appropriate viewing material, does not mean she would not know about it or who any famous person is. My guess is the image of the stuff pack was so negative and EA was desperate to get it to sell. To do so they thought people would care about what celebrities who endorse the product would think.

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    @simgirl1010

Just because it is not appropriate viewing material, does not mean she would not know about it or who any famous person is. My guess is the image of the stuff pack was so negative and EA was desperate to get it to sell. To do so they thought people would care about what celebrities who endorse the product would think.

Pretty sure they made this video before the pack was released. Plus the pack sales are doing well.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't know. I looked at you tube and the My First Pet trailer is atm running at 14K likes to 10K dislikes. That is unheard of.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I don't know. I looked at you tube and the My First Pet trailer is atm running at 14K likes to 10K dislikes. That is unheard of.

Yes, there are a ton of people that dislike the idea but still buy the pack. I know a few people that disliked the video but still bought the pack. A few days ago it was the 4th most popular bought item on origin. Someone made a forum about it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    edited March 2018
    @simgirl1010

Totally agree with that. It's a huge marketing tactic, given all the commercials you see of celebrities endorsing everything from hair care products to cereal and cars. And the preteen/teen market, EA's target demographic, with their addiction to social media is most susceptible.
    That would be hard to say, as EA is not known for releasing their numbers. So I am not sure it is accurate.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    Tell me this little creatures can give sicknesses that bring your sims at hospital and the vets can cure them as well .
    No maybe not because sims 4 is a nice game ahaha.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    edited March 2018
    Tell me this little creatures can give sicknesses that bring your sims at hospital and the vets can cure them as well .
    No maybe not because sims 4 is a nice game ahaha.

it is not unlike Sim 1. There are some differences, but it is basically the same.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    @simgirl1010

The shows were quite appropriate as the Dance Mothers show had nothing but talented young kids, classes, competitions etc. The other girl Jessica is from Disney type kids sitcoms, The Daily Show, and now acts in movies, and is a comedian. The one common link is both stars are avid simmers. Both known to talk about the Sims - and Jessica even talks about her sims and simming during many of her comedy routine.

From my understanding the celebs that promote the Sims for EA are simmers themselves and yes EA often asks the most popular of those - the ones TRENDING NOW bigtime to promo - but then EA always has. We've had celebrity endorsement since Sims 1. The Sims is very popular with Stars of all ages - around the world.

JK Rowling promotes the Sims as well - I saw a recent interview where she did just that on her own, as it was not an EA interview. I am sure you must of heard of JK Rowling?

ETA - Oh and I am old and I know these people - so it is not just kids. Jessica by the way is in her mid 20's at least as I have seen her around for a good long time. Maddie is young maybe 14-15, but she was quite young when she started dance on that show. She very popular.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Even the trailer looks half done, they are basically the same, except for different actresses. Spoiler alert ..The rodent bites both of them on the nose.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    ??? I didnt see anything the little video that seemed half baked. It was pretty nice and cute. I dont think it was meant to be some big production.

I dont know these Celebs personally, but Ill have to look them up now. I thought the transitions between real and Sim was pretty cute as well.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    It's interesting that they apparently target this pack to younger players, yet the Rabid Rodent Fever death itself is rather gruesome. Kind of weird combo, when I think about it. Surely older players could be interested in MFP too, but that thought just came to my mind.
    edited March 2018
    It's interesting that they apparently target this pack to younger players, yet the Rabid Rodent Fever death itself is rather gruesome. Kind of weird combo, when I think about it. Surely older players could be interested in MFP too, but that thought just came to my mind.

Well Jessica has all the more reason to like it then - as she is one of the stars in the coming Fantastic Beasts 2. That death will probably be mild compared to that movie - and those movies are for kids too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    This should have been included in Cats & Dogs, not milked into another Stuff Pack. I love pets, but not enough to shell out another $10 that should have been included in the pack it requires from the get-go. If it didn't require half of the features from Cats & Dogs and focused on a small species like the rodents and even birds (no bird love, how dare you EA?? birds have been in the sims 2 & 3, but no 4? shame.) I'd rather pay for a stuff pack that way.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I just saw some Sims 4 My first Pet Stuff Celebrity Video Ads?
    I couldn't help but lol....where are these out at?

Who are these people?
    Didn't convince me to buy the pack still... but interesting. lol

https://youtu.be/s8YJg69eHCo

I think one of the girls my little niece adores I'm not sure who they are but still doesn't convince me to buy the pack (or my niece for that matter)

I'm not a fan of celeb endorsements. Seems a bit..desperate.

That's good news. Maybe it didn't sell as they wanted.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited March 2018
    Celebrities play the sims as well as people who are poor. I have always thought for myself, as I am sure many people do. Using a celebrity is wasted on me.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

Who are these people?

Maybe I'm just old but who are they? Since I don't know I'm assuming the sims 4 is targeting a different audience maybe younger to buy? Then again someone my age who follows new artists would be a good target too maybe?

Maddie has over 1 million Twitter followers and Jessica around 300,000. The video is posted on their Twitter accounts with a link to purchase.

Sooo what does that mean exactly? That they're just Twitter famous?

No disrespect intended I'm just from a different time is all so I just don't get the whole I'm famous because I have this many followers thing. I grew up when dial up, emailing friends and chatrooms were the biggest things haha so you can see how I don't really understand the whole followers thing.

Gosh I'm starting to sound like my parents (-__-)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Who are these people?

Maybe I'm just old but who are they? Since I don't know I'm assuming the sims 4 is targeting a different audience maybe younger to buy? Then again someone my age who follows new artists would be a good target too maybe?

Maddie has over 1 million Twitter followers and Jessica around 300,000. The video is posted on their Twitter accounts with a link to purchase.

No disrespect intended I'm just from a different time is all so I just don't get the whole I'm famous because I have this many followers thing. I grew up when dial up, emailing friends and chatrooms were the biggest things haha so you can see how I don't really understand the whole followers thing.

No they are famous from TV. Maddie has been on tv on Lifetimes - Dance Moms a long time. She had performances in videos and is now acting. Jessica has also been on tv since she was small - later on tv on the Daily Show - she is also a well known comedian, and a movie actress. She is in JK Rowling Fantastic Beasts movies. So followers on twitter, facebook, etc just fans. Both these two are Simmers and this is not the first time these celebs and others have promoted their fav game. Jessica talks about her simming in her comedy routines a lot too. She sounds just like many of us.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited March 2018
    Seems the Sims 4 packs discussion forum is missing a topic. packs for other packs. and im guessing coming soon, stuff packs for stuff packs. with all the millions of c/c of available, we can never have enough stuff packs. how bout some expansion packs for stuff packs. if thats what it takes to get more expansion packs, count me in.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Who are these people?

No they are famous from TV. Maddie has been on tv on Lifetimes - Dance Moms a long time. She had performances in videos and is now acting. Jessica has also been on tv since she was small - later on tv on the Daily Show - she is also a well known comedian, and a movie actress. She is in JK Rowling Fantastic Beasts movies. So followers on twitter, facebook, etc just fans. Both these two are Simmers and this is not the first time these celebs and others have promoted their fav game. Jessica talks about her simming in her comedy routines a lot too. She sounds just like many of us.

Ahh okay thanks for clearing it up. Yes I've seen others that I know that have promoted the game. Lole Keke Palmer for example. It doesn't change my mind on how I personally feel about it (if it's partially EA having them part of an ad for the game) but I know one of the reasons they do it is because they love it so I don't knock them for a game they're passionate about.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited March 2018
    LOL. For Jessicca - I think she deserves a paid promo - seeing she has been giving The Sims promotion for free for at least the last 6 years.

I saw her on one of the late night talk show a good 6 or so yeas ago - there to promote her - then- new job as a correspondent on the Daily Show and all she could talk about was the Sims 3. Which in turn got the host talking about the Sims Ant. It was a riot. I can't recall her even mentioning her new job - just her sims.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @simgirl1010

The shows were quite appropriate as the Dance Mothers show had nothing but talented young kids, classes, competitions etc. The other girl Jessica is from Disney type kids sitcoms, The Daily Show, and now acts in movies, and is a comedian. The one common link is both stars are avid simmers. Both known to talk about the Sims - and Jessica even talks about her sims and simming during many of her comedy routine.

From my understanding the celebs that promote the Sims for EA are simmers themselves and yes EA often asks the most popular of those - the ones TRENDING NOW bigtime to promo - but then EA always has. We've had celebrity endorsement since Sims 1. The Sims is very popular with Stars of all ages - around the world.

JK Rowling promotes the Sims as well - I saw a recent interview where she did just that on her own, as it was not an EA interview. I am sure you must of heard of JK Rowling?

ETA - Oh and I am old and I know these people - so it is not just kids. Jessica by the way is in her mid 20's at least as I have seen her around for a good long time. Maddie is young maybe 14-15, but she was quite young when she started dance on that show. She very popular.
    Are you referring to this?

Eagle-eyed fans noticed a very recognisable icon in the right-hand corner of her Macbook screen – a green diamond on a white background, which of course launches The Sims – in the photo on the right of the above tweet. While Rowling didn’t comment further on this revelation, her followers delighted in the visual confirmation that the author passes the time – or indeed procrastinates while writing her wizarding novels – by playing God with a family of Sims.

That's hardly promoting Sims (and even stating she loves the franchise is not the same thing as promoting a pack).
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited March 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @simgirl1010

Are you referring to this?

Eagle-eyed fans noticed a very recognisable icon in the right-hand corner of her Macbook screen – a green diamond on a white background, which of course launches The Sims – in the photo on the right of the above tweet. While Rowling didn’t comment further on this revelation, her followers delighted in the visual confirmation that the author passes the time – or indeed procrastinates while writing her wizarding novels – by playing God with a family of Sims.

That's hardly promoting Sims (and even stating she loves the franchise is not the same thing as promoting a pack).

Never saw that before - like I said it was during an actual on tv interview. It was on the BBC network I believe -

In dreams - I LIVE!