Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Personality

What personality would you want to see added?

I'm curious!
sW8E5XUIFFv4lyszgJwTWI5jpMGzpGIKfPLmtfVtGYM?preserve_transparency=1&size=1280x960&size_mode=3

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Not so much personality, but I would like a system of likes and dislikes when it comes to things like food and activities aside from the Trait system. My sim may be vegan, but maybe they don't like tofu. Make things a bit harder.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    There's a whole bunch on ModtheSims, some of which are pretty good.
    I'm too lazy to copy/paste them here, but you could check them out.
    One that I remember is the "sweet" trait. I'd get whims to make cupcakes and hug other sims lol.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't think traits do anything to the personality of the sims. They all act the same. The only thing traits do is affect the whims and moods....like creative sims get inspired more easily.

There needs to be something much deeper that affects them more. They need an attraction system. A zodiac system. As @LosaruTaiyo said, likes and dislikes. They need to react better to the world around them. They need a LOT to give them "personality" of their own.

ETA: Basically, I want Sims 2 sims in the Sims 4 world. Is that too much to ask for?
    Post edited by fullspiral on
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    In terms of traits: Serious, Hates Animals and Loyal.

But I agree that there needs to be attraction, zodiacs, likes/dislikes etc...
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited March 2018
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I don't think traits do anything to the personality of the sims. They all act the same. The only thing traits do is affect the whims and moods....like creative sims get inspired more easily.

There needs to be something much deeper that affects them more. They need an attraction system. A zodiac system. As @LosaruTaiyo said, likes and dislikes. They need to react better to the world around them. They need a LOT to give them "personality" of their own.

ETA: Basically, I want Sims 2 sims in the Sims 4 world. Is that too much to ask for?

This right here!!! I miss the whole zodiac sign aspect of the game. Not to mention the ability to put two sims together with completely non-compatible traits and just watch the cookie really crumble.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

This right here!!! I miss the whole zodiac sign aspect of the game. Not to mention the ability to put two sims together with completely non-compatible traits and just watch the cookie really crumble.

I want that too. But unfortunately, in the sims 4, nothing means anything. Except for pretty backdrops. Sims don't act the way you want them to based on the traits that are available. Mean, hot-headed sims want to share in the hug-fest party just like loners do.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd really like an in game serious trait as @dreamprisoner mentioned. It could default our sims to "fine" almost always with buffs having little effect... if any.. that would go for any mood buffs though not just good ones. I play a lot of characters that could use a hardy serious trait.
    I like the liveliness of the sims but you can't build a dour, serious or apathetic character at all.
    I'd like some traits I don't think we'd ever see also.... so I won't mention them here.
    I'd also like a committed or devoted.. however they want to word it so that when they are in a relationship they are bound to their SO, spouse, bf/gf ect.
    egTcBMc.png
  • simerizersimerizer Posts: 38 Member
    I have to download lots of mods for personality like True Happiness, Uncomfortable Overhaul, Emotional Inertia, More Personality Please... so the emotional effect could be more visible and serious. Cant play without them, but I feel like Zodiac is good riddance because isn't it quite superstitious!?! Because in my place, I have seen many people who are seriously believe in it ended up having to consult a fortune teller and zodiac calendar before doing anything, included but not limited to marriage, business, family... It is not fun anymore when in real life people face familial pressure to break up with a loved one because their Zodiac are not compatible.

I want that too. But unfortunately, in the sims 4, nothing means anything. Except for pretty backdrops. Sims don't act the way you want them to based on the traits that are available. Mean, hot-headed sims want to share in the hug-fest party just like loners do.

I understand what you mean to some degree but the sims in my game do act accordingly to their traits to some degree. But I had to create groups of townies with similar traits and set up clubs to enhance those traits and behaviors for certain venues in able to achieve this though.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

I don't agree with this either. I'm a loner but I'll participate in a hug fest with people I know.. and sometimes in the spirit of things people I don't. I've had mean-spirited relatives and they would also participate in a hug fest during a family outing or other social gathering. They'd still be mean though about all sorts of things... it just gets accepted and sometimes their good side evens things out. I mean if you had a parent that's mean now and then, you don't discount everything else about them. As for Hot-headed.. I kind of think of these as some passionate types I've known, they would participate in a hug fest, but if you say something to set them off ... bammo!

egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

I don't agree with this either. I'm a loner but I'll participate in a hug fest with people I know.. and sometimes in the spirit of things people I don't. I've had mean-spirited relatives and they would also participate in a hug fest during a family outing or other social gathering. They'd still be mean though about all sorts of things... it just gets accepted and sometimes their good side evens things out. I mean if you had a parent that's mean now and then, you don't discount everything else about them. As for Hot-headed.. I kind of think of these as some passionate types I've known, they would participate in a hug fest, but if you say something to set them off ... bammo!

You know now that I think of it. One of the Sims in my game is hot-headed, childish and loner. I can see those traits come out in him without even trying. Shinya will be at the bowling ally with his friends and Gage will be off doing his own thing sitting on the floor playing with a toy.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2018
    I can't really think of too many new personality traits I'd want, but I imagine I'll think of a lot more later. One that comes to mind from TS3 that I'd kind of like to return would be Diva. I found that trait immensely entertaining what with all their mood swings and random z-snaps. :lol: Also, I can think of a sim or two I have who need it because they're hard enough to handle already! No Sense of Humor and Good Sense of Humor would be a nice comeback, too! I'd like to see a sim not laugh at every penguin joke for once, and another be able to make even enemies adore them with their jokes.

Others have mentioned it, but I think I'd much rather they add reputation, astrological signs, compatibility, attraction and a way to flag a sim as faithful or unfaithful either via CAS or through a reward trait before adding new personality traits. The autonomous flirting/cheating and extremely random "flirt with..." whims really annoy me. I know that some players enjoy the drama, and don't get me wrong, I do too from time to time. I just can't stand when the game pushes a whim on my happily married, faithful sim to flirt with a mere stranger or a friend they've known forever, or when they attempt to autonomously act on it just because they're Flirty and can't seem to think straight. I think a solution that would make all players happy would be the ability to flag a sim as faithful or unfaithful in CAS; that way, a sim could be set to be unfaithful in one relationship and faithful in another one later on in their life. This would make it so that a sim won't be stuck with a trait that may not apply in every relationship they're in throughout gameplay. Reputation, signs, compatibility, etc., would be such a nice addition and add a great deal of depth. Hopefully, a dating GP will be released one day and flesh out this area of gameplay. In fact, if they ever do release a pack like that, new traits could be implemented then. I imagine Hopeless Romantic and Proper would be well suited in that pack, with Faithful being a trait if they don't make it a relationship setting or reward trait.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I wouldn't mind a like/dislike system, but I do feel some folks are discounting what we already have as well. Anytime someone says the traits do nothing, I really feel like that person just hasn't bothered to pay any attention at all, or purposefully misconstrues it. A lazy Sim, for example, can nap in a chair when no one else can. An insane Sim has access to a bunch of stuff no other Sim does. But yeah, they're 'all the same'. :|

I kinda just want Sims to go around approving or disapproving of stuff again. Maybe that requires a like system or something, I dunno, but I miss that as a builder.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I really miss online dating for TS3.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    I want Brave/Coward traits back but that requires the fear emotion, sooooo. *sighs*

Also a zodiac system, likes/dislikes and attraction system would be great. I miss those.
  • sillafoxsillafox Posts: 63 Member
    I have only played the sims 4 but the personality system in the previous games sound really interesting and fun!
    sW8E5XUIFFv4lyszgJwTWI5jpMGzpGIKfPLmtfVtGYM?preserve_transparency=1&size=1280x960&size_mode=3
    I really miss online dating for TS3.

TS4 is the only one that hasn't had some form of dating or match making. I hope we get it at some point.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    sillafox wrote: »
    I have only played the sims 4 but the personality system in the previous games sound really interesting and fun!

I haven't even had the chance to play all of the aspirations or traits in TS2 and less in TS3 because there is just SOOOOO many to choose from. Especially in TS3. Aspirations and traits in TS3 put TS4 to shame.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I wouldn't mind a like/dislike system, but I do feel some folks are discounting what we already have as well. Anytime someone says the traits do nothing, I really feel like that person just hasn't bothered to pay any attention at all, or purposefully misconstrues it. A lazy Sim, for example, can nap in a chair when no one else can. An insane Sim has access to a bunch of stuff no other Sim does. But yeah, they're 'all the same'. :|

I kinda just want Sims to go around approving or disapproving of stuff again. Maybe that requires a like system or something, I dunno, but I miss that as a builder.

Lazy and slob sims are pretty well done. I like how grumpy they get from having to clean stuff and that a vampire cannot command slobs to clean as not even they are able to do that xD but some traits are definitely better than others (I like inspired, lazy, slob, neat, hot-headed, vegetarian, genius, and cheerful the most personally).

Anyway yes to the OP: likes and dislikes would be great. And fear. And a bunch of negative traits that are not over the top but meaningful (like hates animals, maybe homesick - a sim that would feel bad when having to travel to OR or the jungle for example), and a couple of other traits we don't have (inventive perhaps?). And I'd like a better romance system although not one that has my married sims be randomly attracted to whoever like in TS3 cause I don't like that either. Also, I think there already is some kind of romance system in the background cause some sims don't click no matter what I try, so I'd like something more like that then "wow super attracted to this one sim for no reason". I'd also like a bunch of achievements back like the faithful achievement for elders for example.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    Oh and what I want more than anything is new aspirations for kids!! I don't know why they cannot aspire to become veterinarians, to be mischievous, etc. Why only 4 aspirations? Toddlers have more traits to set them apart than kids have aspirations! It's bothersome.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    There's a mod on modthesims called Have Some Personality Please that's supposed to make them act more in line with their traits. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say how well it works, but they seem to be updating it pretty actively and addressing issues brought up in the comments.
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    Not so much personality, but I would like a system of likes and dislikes when it comes to things like food and activities aside from the Trait system. My sim may be vegan, but maybe they don't like tofu. Make things a bit harder.

I am with this. I would love to see likes, dislikes, favorites, fears, anything that could give the sims more depth, really. I would also like it if the traits were buffed a bit to make the sims react more to them before any new ones are added, but I'd love more specific traits. Like keep the more general traits, like "creative" but also offer more specific that tweak a single, focused aspect of the personality.

I do like the Sims 4 system, but it feels like it is in its infancy, which is fine. There's room for improvement there and I would like to see them take that system and really build it up into something special and iconic.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • erintheplumboberintheplumbob Posts: 8 New Member
    I would love to see dislikes and likes, for food especially. The main thing I would want is hobbies. All my Sims do are read books or watch TV and it really gets repetitive unless you, yourself, make them do something different for entertainment. It would be great to have hobbies added, and also things they could get bored of. I've seen my Sims play games for hours and hours and I manually have to stop them. Now, I love playing video games, but maybe they could get bored of it or bored of certain things if they do it for too long.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I'd like to see Introvert/Shy as well as Extrovert/Outgoing added to the trait system. We have Mean, but we don't have Sweet. I'd like the return of Coward and Brave, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/