Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Im stuck :) Help

There are 2 places Selvadorada that i cant get to open for me :( it keeps saying (This path is sealed shut and cannot be opened on this trip perhaps next vacation itll open and i have been twice now :( i have completed the temple quest so is there something im not doing :) Please help thanks for all replys and Happy Simmin :)

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    It's just random one of my couples has been three times the first time a path wasn't sealed the next time it was then again it wasn't sealed but I think others have seen it takes more time.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I have not opened these areas but I did come across them. I am thinking that you need to talk to the locals in order to unlock them. I plan to try it again and see if that works, but it may take some time. I hope you can get them open soon!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's totally random which ones will be open or closed, each time your sim visits. it took me several trips before the ones that lead to the 'hidden pools' (not natural pools, but below them) and the 'hidden island' opened for me. amazingly, when that happened, i had all four near the waterfalls open, while the one past the natural pools and the one that leads to the fallen plane were both closed
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @kalaksed - natural pools? do you mean the royal baths? or is that somewhere different entirely?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
    @pastelmermaid yeah, the royal baths are also the natural pools (though, they obviously weren't kept natural). they kept calling them 'natural pools' in the stream, and if you cheat in the various gates, the one leading to the baths says it leads to natural pools
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    What is on the island?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    the island has one fishing spot (where you can catch armored catfish, electric eels, and even a relic occasionally. similar to the 'hidden pools' fishing spot), one treasure chest, and one archaeology dig spot. and some crocs swimming nearby (again, similar to the 'hidden pools')
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    the island has one fishing spot (where you can catch armored catfish, electric eels, and even a relic occasionally. similar to the 'hidden pools' fishing spot), one treasure chest, and one archaeology dig spot. and some crocs swimming nearby (again, similar to the 'hidden pools')

Thanks! My sims have been there I just didnt know that was the island. All I have is ? over the map areas even tho I am pretty sure I have explored them all.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    yeah, they'll always have the question mark, since they're considered 'unexplored' on the next trip any sim takes there, and aren't always unlocked every time. it seems that two of the gates will be locked for any visit, with the first gate next to the trailhead and the gate to the temple always being unlocked
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited March 2018
    I only managed to get to the island on my fifth visit. My sim had been cured of a curse and turned into a skeleton at the time, which seemed to imbue her with enormous luck on that particular exploration. I don't know whether that had anything to do with it, or whether it really was just a matter of chance. To my surprise, I also managed to get through another locked gate that I didn't even know existed. It took me to a small garden with lots of lavender growing all over. I have no idea what it's called.

I must say I was a bit disappointed with the island. Considering all the time it took to get there, I was expecting something truly spectacular, with some sort of really important treasure for my sims to grab, or maybe something really hazardous for them to deal with. But no...

It reminds me a little of the Magic Beanstalks in Sims 1 Makin' Magic. It took forever to grow a beanstalk that was climbable. And when you eventually did, and you sent your sim up the beanstalk to the land at the top, there was just this huge can of beans and a sleeping Will Wright giant that did absolutely nothing! Some players thought it was cool, but I remember feeling very let down.
    Post edited by FKM100 on